CES 2016: New Products Discussion Thread
Jan 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

vrln

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I did some searches and it looks like CES 2016 doesn't have a thread yet! Consider that fixed...

Next week is an interesting time for headphone technology. Last year jude posted a great thread on various highlights of the show. Among others Sennheiser launched a ton of new wireless products and Audeze was there with the EL-8 and Deckard!

Any guesses on what we'll see this year? I'm hoping to see new high end products from Sennheiser. With the IE800 acoustic absorber tech now being in the HD800S, I'm hoping to see it trickle down to more products. As someone who can't stand uneven treble response, I just bought myself a HD 650 (my third time, true classic there!) that I'm still keeping in the box. I'll keep it unless Sennheiser launches a mythical HD 675/750 next week :)

CES 2016 kicks off next Wednesday, but I think we'll see product announcements as early as tomorrow already.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #8 of 38
Jan 5, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 38
A little brother to the HD DAC announced at CES 2016 : The NAGRA Classic DAC
biggrin.gif
  ...Without Headphone out 
mad.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #12 of 38
Yeah, this one caught my eye also. I like the fact that it's an on-ear planar magnetic headphone. Will be looking forward to the first reviews.

USD 499.00 is still quite a steep price for an on-ear. It looks however that they have reduced the weight considerably down to 230g. Hopefully we have sound impressions soon.

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 38
  Hello everyone,

I did some searches and it looks like CES 2016 doesn't have a thread yet! Consider that fixed...

Next week is an interesting time for headphone technology. Last year jude posted a great thread on various highlights of the show. Among others Sennheiser launched a ton of new wireless products and Audeze was there with the EL-8 and Deckard!

Any guesses on what we'll see this year? I'm hoping to see new high end products from Sennheiser. With the IE800 acoustic absorber tech now being in the HD800S, I'm hoping to see it trickle down to more products. As someone who can't stand uneven treble response, I just bought myself a HD 650 (my third time, true classic there!) that I'm still keeping in the box. I'll keep it unless Sennheiser launches a mythical HD 675/750 next week :)

CES 2016 kicks off next Wednesday, but I think we'll see product announcements as early as tomorrow already.

I am so glad you opened this thread, I was doing some searching at CES 2016 to see if there were some new Bluetooth speakers, headphones or IEMs.  In one of my previous jobs, I got to go to CES a few times, but it was not as explosive as it is today. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #15 of 38
I was trolling for data on CES and saw these updates today:

The Best Headphones and Speakers of CES 2016          http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136387-best-headphones-and-speakers-of-ces-2016-b-o-naim-philips-and-more

Sony Launches new Walkman Players, etc.                      http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/sony-launches-new-walkman-players-wireless-headphones-and-more-at-ces-2016-786736

I remember when the original Walkman players came out and were hugely popular, kind of the Beats of their day (mid 1980's).  Anyone else remember that? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back