Cereal first? Or milk first?!
Jan 21, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #77 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am lactose intolerant so I eat my cereal with orange juice. It takes really good with frosted flakes. I also like my mac 'n cheese with pickles.

OH and, orange juice first

Have you ever tried soy milk? If you take the sweetened one it makes a good substitute for regular milk and have a lot of good things in it.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #79 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever tried soy milk? If you take the sweetened one it makes a good substitute for regular milk and have a lot of good things in it.

Soy isn't an option either. I don't want to loose my sex drive.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #80 of 124
Quote:

Soy isn't an option either. I don't want to loose my sex drive.

So you're saying that soy makes you become a ravaging sex fiend, or something?

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #81 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're saying that soy makes you become a ravaging sex fiend, or something?

I thought that soy had estrogen in it or something that makes the drinker of soy trigger estrogen release. And something about sex drive too I think...

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #82 of 124
Quote:

I thought that soy had estrogen in it or something that makes the drinker of soy trigger estrogen release. And something about sex drive too I think...

It was a joke...
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #83 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was a joke...
wink.gif

Ah! I should have known! I am a little out of it right now! Please forgive me
smily_headphones1.gif

I usually love the jokes about how one should always use proper grammar, but today just isn't the day I guess.

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #85 of 124
Quote:

You might be right on this one:

Q. I?m a 49-year-old male in excellent health. I?m not overweight and run 35 miles a week. I've noticed a slight decline in my sex drive (mostly just my desire for sex).

I wonder if phytoestrogens in soy milk could be a factor, since I consume about 2 gallons a week in smoothies, on cereal, and so forth. I do not drink regular milk. Could this quantity of soy milk affect my sex drive?

A. Soy-based products are rich in estrogenic plant compounds called isoflavones. One popular brand of soy milk contains 20 to 35 milligrams of isoflavones per cup. Two gallons a week would mean that you could be consuming more than 1000 mg of phytoestrogens.

We could find no specific research linking plant estogen consumption to lower libido in men. One study showed that a tofu-based diet did affect testosterone levels. When men are given estrogen compounds, sex drive often suffers. You may want to experiment to see if cutting back on soy milk restores your libido. Reference

I'm not an adept of soy milk (I don't drink any) but I had a girlfriend who had some problems with lactose and drinked soy milk. I don't know if her libido was enhanced by soy milk (never knew her not consuming soy milk) but I wonder if it have an effect since they call it "vegetal estrogen"... I wonder...

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #86 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might be right on this one:

Q. I?m a 49-year-old male in excellent health. I?m not overweight and run 35 miles a week. I've noticed a slight decline in my sex drive (mostly just my desire for sex).

I wonder if phytoestrogens in soy milk could be a factor, since I consume about 2 gallons a week in smoothies, on cereal, and so forth. I do not drink regular milk. Could this quantity of soy milk affect my sex drive?

A. Soy-based products are rich in estrogenic plant compounds called isoflavones. One popular brand of soy milk contains 20 to 35 milligrams of isoflavones per cup. Two gallons a week would mean that you could be consuming more than 1000 mg of phytoestrogens.

We could find no specific research linking plant estogen consumption to lower libido in men. One study showed that a tofu-based diet did affect testosterone levels. When men are given estrogen compounds, sex drive often suffers. You may want to experiment to see if cutting back on soy milk restores your libido. Reference

I'm not an adept of soy milk (I don't drink any) but I had a girlfriend who had some problems with lactose and drinked soy milk. I don't know if her libido was enhanced by soy milk (never knew her not consuming soy milk) but I wonder if it have an effect since they call it "vegetal estrogen"... I wonder...

Yeah, I'm not drinking that garbage anymore!

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #88 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the record I accidentally clicked on cereal first, just out of curiosity, do tie your shoe laces first before you put your shoes on?
confused.gif

No, which is also why I don't put the milk in the bowl first.

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #90 of 124
Quote:

Lol I don't think soy milk has enough estrogen in it to make you start growing man boobs or anything. I think you'll be safe, and your manlyhood will be preserved. Its good stuff. If not, you can just buy lactose free milk, which is the stuff I drink and it tastes awesome. Its a little sweeter than regular milk. Just don't buy calcium fortified lactose free milk, because thats just way too thick, borderline yogurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back