Cereal first? Or milk first?!
Jan 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124

iareConfusE

100+ Head-Fier
My roommate thinks I'm a nutcase. I pour my milk into a bowl before I dump my cereal into it. Thats just the way I've always been doing it since I usually bring my cereal upstairs with me, I don't feel like bringing my liter of milk with me, so I just pour a certain amount and bring the cereal up with me. Makes sense doesn't it?!

What about you?

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 124
Cereal first, always. I don't remember when was the last time I ate cereal though. But I always wait a while so they "soften" a bit.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 124
I pour the cereal first, milk second.

Doing it the opposite way, it's hard to gauge the amount of milk needed for a given cereal because all cereals need a different amount.

That, and having the cereal in the bowl means less chance of milk splashing everywhere if you happen to pour too hard.

That said, I love cereal and eat about 2 bowls a day or more!

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 124
OP: you are an original thinker and doer. However, your roommate lacks creativity and independence of thought and deed. Unfortunately, those such as yourself are significantly outnumbered by such as is your roommate. You live in their world: a world resistant to change or difference. A world where the nail that sticks-out is hammered into place. A world where BOSE is considered state-of-the-art.

Suck it up.

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 124
Milk first.

The cereal is secondary to the milk. And the cereal doesn't become soggy, as I only pour in enough to coat the top of the milk with cereal. So there are many re-fills of cereal and none of milk.

Usually, though, I have oatmeal. Then, the order doesn't matter.

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 124
Cereal....The OP is obviously a freak, but we love him anyway.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP's a sick freak. This is worse than people who pull their toilet paper from under, not over. Or, people who open their bananas from the wrong end.

Hey, I do that with toilet paper! It's a carry over from bad experiences with cheap toilet paper in the past (Less accidental ripping going under rather than over). I won't settle for cheap if I have a choice though.

Cereal first though, because I generally use only enough milk to raise the cereal by 1/8" to 1/4" and want to make sure the cereal gets "coated" with it as I pour.....I didn't even know you'd ever want to open a banana the other way. o_O

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 124
I used to work with a woman who poured coffee on her cereal.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #12 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pour the cereal first, milk second.

Doing it the opposite way, it's hard to gauge the amount of milk needed for a given cereal because all cereals need a different amount.

That, and having the cereal in the bowl means less chance of milk splashing everywhere if you happen to pour too hard.

Exactly.

Also, I agree with Taikero about coating the cereal.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #13 of 124
Cereal first.
That way you know how much cereal you are eating. Also, all cereal has a different need for milk, so you can measure more exactly.
For example, muesli needs to be just covered, but cheerios should float.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back