Cereal first? Or milk first?!
Jan 18, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #16 of 124
You're wrong but its not so bad.. I have a friend who once went to make grilled cheese and he started by buttering the inside of the bread.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #17 of 124
Neither. I eat cereal dry.

People also think I'm odd for my strong dislike of eggs. They taste terrible and act as a cheap filler for what could have been meat and/or potatoes.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #18 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither. I eat cereal dry.

People also think I'm odd for my strong dislike of eggs. They taste terrible and act as a cheap filler for what could have been meat and/or potatoes.

I eat cereal dry as well, but I love eggs. I don't like how the cereal becomes so soft that it's pretty much mush. Although the idea of having a thin layer of milk and then pouring in a little cereal at a time sounds pretty decent, it also sounds very time-consuming.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #19 of 124
Cereal first, if you go milk first, the cereal tends to float and overflow in the bowl. This of course interferes with the milk to cereal ratio that is absolutely crucial to obtain breakfast anytime goodness.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #20 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Presently42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Milk first.

The cereal is secondary to the milk. And the cereal doesn't become soggy, as I only pour in enough to coat the top of the milk with cereal. So there are many re-fills of cereal and none of milk.

This. To prevent soggy cereal, I like it crunchy.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #21 of 124
milk first

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #23 of 124
I only eat cereal like how other people eat chips. I rarely use milk
smily_headphones1.gif

When I'm feeling for a "desert", I pour a modest amount of 10% and honey into my cereal before the malk.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #26 of 124
Cereal first...

I'll try the other way.

PS: People who have tried both ways... Does it change anything?
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #27 of 124
lol, so many of you are saying that you might overflow the bowl or splash the milk out. I don't know about you guys, but I don't fill up my bowl with milk from a hose
biggrin.gif

I also usually eat more than one bowl, so I'll fill it up with milk, then just put in as much cereal before the bowl overflows. woop!

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #28 of 124
Cereal first, or sometimes it floats on the milk and you have to try to push it down to wet it without the milk spilling over.

Pour milk over the cereal until you see it around the sides, or until the cereal first starts to rise(float), as a general indicator of the amount of milk to add, unless you like cereal soup.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #29 of 124
Peanut butter on one slice of bread and jelly on the other then slap them together, or peanut butter first then jelly right on top of the peanut butter then add a dry slice of bread on top, and which on top, peanut butter or jelly face up?
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #30 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cereal first.
That way you know how much cereal you are eating. Also, all cereal has a different need for milk, so you can measure more exactly.
For example, muesli needs to be just covered, but cheerios should float.

Dave

If you have a bowl of leftovers from both muesli and cheerios, would you put milk just to cover muesli or enough to make the cheerios float?
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back