Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
May 31, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #603 of 1,140
iPod Touch 5th generation is supported. It's the same size as iPhone 5

Similar but not the same. iPhone 5S 123.8mm x 58.6mm x 7.6mm and the iPod Touch 123.4mm x 58.6mm x 6.1mm.
Just put my iPod Touch in my iPhone 5S case and it kind of fits, but loose. Then I put the iPod Touch in my kid's Mophie Case and it's still loose but the lightning connector locks it in place...so it's all good, man.
Thanks @mgoodman for your patience and I look forward to upgrading my phone to the 6 Plus when that skyn becomes available.
Edit: Just noticed that the volume up and down buttons on both iPhone 5 and iPod Touch are in different places. Will that make a difference with the Skyn?

Jun 9, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #604 of 1,140
iPod Touch 5th generation is supported. It's the same size as iPhone 5

Similar but not the same. iPhone 5S 123.8mm x 58.6mm x 7.6mm and the iPod Touch 123.4mm x 58.6mm x 6.1mm.
Just put my iPod Touch in my iPhone 5S case and it kind of fits, but loose. Then I put the iPod Touch in my kid's Mophie Case and it's still loose but the lightning connector locks it in place...so it's all good, man.

Have you found, @mgoodman , that the Lightning connector of the iPhone 5 HiFi-Skyn also keeps the iPod touch 5th Gen secured rather than loose?

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #607 of 1,140
With the launch of Apple Music NOW is the time have this amazing device....

Hope we get it soon...

Cheers,
K

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #608 of 1,140
I think we will be very lucky to see it by August, judging by the pace of things so far. 
I admire what they are doing but think they have shot themselves in the foot slightly by offering too many variations. Might have been a lot easier with just black, one amp and 3 phone models - done! Then to add another new product into the mix...…. it's a lot to coordinate and get done. 
Frustrating though the wait is, sending good vibes to the CEntrance team for a smooth product completion Can't wait to hear it and really hoping it is as good as people say it will be. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #609 of 1,140
Yes, producing hardware is such a complex thing and timelines slip so easily.

I hope we have something in July though.

Cheers,
K

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #611 of 1,140
With the launch of Apple Music NOW is the time have this amazing device....

Hope we get it soon...

Cheers,
K

I was so excited and hopeful about Apple music, but I gotta say, I am SO disappointed with the bitrate quality. Have you heard it? It can't compete with Spotify let alone Tidal. Unless there's some music quality setting somewhere that I've missed. A product like the Skyn would be totally wasted on Apple Music IMO. And I say that being an Apple fan boy.

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #612 of 1,140
P.S. Latest rumors on the iPhone 6s state it will be ever so slightly thicker while maintaining the same width and height. I think I read .2 millimeters thicker. If true, hopefully it still fits well with the Skyn

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #613 of 1,140
I was so excited and hopeful about Apple music, but I gotta say, I am SO disappointed with the bitrate quality. Have you heard it? It can't compete with Spotify let alone Tidal. Unless there's some music quality setting somewhere that I've missed. A product like the Skyn would be totally wasted on Apple Music IMO. And I say that being an Apple fan boy.

Don't know which music you tried but with my music I compared (have two iPhones one from work and a personal one) the music quality of my locally saved ALAC files with what comes via Apple Music streaming (256kbit/s AAC) and couldn't hear a difference.

Tried via CCK connected to ifi iDSD micro into Dita the Answer.... no complaints sounded fab! Maybe your connection was throttled and you were served a lower bitrate? Did you try to stream via cellular of wifi?

Cheers,
K

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #614 of 1,140
Don't know which music you tried but with my music I compared (have two iPhones one from work and a personal one) the music quality of my locally saved ALAC files with what comes via Apple Music streaming (256kbit/s AAC) and couldn't hear a difference.

Tried via CCK connected to ifi iDSD micro into Dita the Answer.... no complaints sounded fab! Maybe your connection was throttled and you were served a lower bitrate? Did you try to stream via cellular of wifi?

Cheers,
K

Hmmmm, interesting. I had tried a couple of playlists under "For You" and tried Beats One radio. I was listening on Wifi. What I noticed was seriously obvious audio compression. If things sounded that good to you, it must've been something wrong with my connection, maybe throttling as you suggested. I'll try again later. Thanks

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #615 of 1,140
Hmmmm, interesting. I had tried a couple of playlists under "For You" and tried Beats One radio. I was listening on Wifi. What I noticed was seriously obvious audio compression. If things sounded that good to you, it must've been something wrong with my connection, maybe throttling as you suggested. I'll try again later. Thanks

That or maybe some songs I remember - especially older ones are only available in the old original, DRM protected 128kbit/s iTunes format (not the 256kbit/s DRM free plus version), they might not sound as good as 256 plus ones.

I just listened to some more songs one after the other streamed and local on my Macbook (Burson Conductor -> Sansui AU-2200 -> HD650/LCD-X) and again, couldn't hear a quality drop while streaming.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back