Centrance Mini-M8
Apr 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #226 of 296
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in the combination whit JH audio iem's (in particular Angie) en then in particular about the "hissing" problem.
I know my angie is a sensitive type ...

Regards,
Aernoud.

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #227 of 296
Just thought I would do a quick update as I just recieved a pair of Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors and I can definitely hear the hiss with them as well. It is not awfull unless you turn the volume control way up but still disappointing I currently have a HeadAmp Pico Slim strapped to my Mini-M8 which is a decent solution but unfortunately makes it bulkier.

May 5, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #233 of 296
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in the combination whit JH audio iem's (in particular Angie) en then in particular about the "hissing" problem.
I know my angie is a sensitive type ...

Regards,
Aernoud.

I don't know how some people are complaining about a hiss. They must have a super human sensory hearing! I just got my Angie and it sounds amazing with the mini-M8 specially when I use the balanced RSA port. You can hear a VERY SMALL amount of hiss in a VERY QUIET environment in the HIGHEST gain! I mean who listens to Angie or equally sensitive IEM with this amp on full volume on the highest gain? That's insane or just ridiculously deaf! I have yet to purchase the shures IEM but they say the hiss in them is higher.

May 5, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #236 of 296
I had the pleasant surprise of being able to connect my Fiio X3 to the Mini-M8 coax out using a Whiplash Audio mini-to-mini silver cable. I contacted Fiio and they said they hasn't heard of it working but that it should produce the same results as a coaxial cable.

May 5, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #237 of 296
I too was confused before because dx90 has an included coaxial cable. But unfortunately mini-m8's coaxial input is different and used a 3.5mm coaxial input instead. Fortunately that is compatible with the DX90. Problem is you also have to buy a mini to mini portable interconnects seperately.

May 5, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #238 of 296
No, I mean... The cable you are using (ALO SXC 22) is Stereo Analog inter-connector, and I thought for Digital (Coaxial) would be a different cable as it is for Optical Cables.

I haven't tried an optical source yet to my mini-m8. If you have a toslink out from your source that would probably work for the mini. I am planning to buy those AKs but they are just too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back