Centrance Mini-M8
May 8, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #241 of 296
whoops. I should have re-read the posts above.

How was it with the X3?

As inadequate as I am with recognizing/articulating what I think I'm hearing, I would say that it sounds great. Definitely a clean and clear sound that I'm getting out of it. And maybe it's placebo, but I feel that it sounds more transparent as compared to my iPod Classic playing the same lossless files via LOD to USB (then again, I had pretty frequent jarring noises through it that made me have to switch the unit on and off to get rid of - so it might just be my surprise and elation that the X3 works without a hitch). I'm definitely pleased with the combination, having listened with K10s, ER4Ss, Alpha Primes and UE900s.

Edit: I'm not using optical, but "coaxial" through the shared coax/optical output using a 3.5 to 3.5 mini cable.

Aug 8, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #246 of 296
Hi,
I'm using ibasso's CB06 mini-to-mini cable to connect ibasso dx90 to mini-m8 which works fine. However, I was unable to find a 75 Ohm digital cable to establish that connection. Maybe, an adaptor for the ibasso chinch works. Does anybody have some experience with a "true" digital cable or adaptor (non-DIY)?

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #247 of 296
@iridodon

Please look few post above yours... http://www.head-fi.org/t/725677/centrance-mini-m8/240#post_11751458

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #249 of 296
I got a special 75 ohms interconnect cable for my iBasso DX50 and my iFi micro iDSD and I heard that for this kind of short cable it should not make a big difference, but I want to make shure all is safe and fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back