Centrance Mini-M8
Sep 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #262 of 296
good stuff.

It should get sorted out then when they have a chance to reply.

Not so good stuff.  This is the response I got.  I did send Mike two emails cause I forgot to include the pics on the first one.

"My case is warped, or not cut straight.  I did get this second hand from a Head-fier, but it is in otherwise perfect cosmetic and functional condition.  Can you please replace the outer chassis?  I have included  pics to show what I mean."

His reply:

"The new aluminum case is $59.95 and labor is $99 to swap. Please send your unit to:"

Great customer support!  Hoping something was lost in translation here, but why in the hell would I pay for something that should have been done right from the factory?  I did send another e-mail and called as well so let's see what they do.

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #263 of 296
Fairs fair.

Its the general view that follow up customer service is for those who bought the product first hand.
Buying second hand is always a risk. And the support and warranties etc often aren't there for the buyer of used goods, if a company was liable for their products as they change hands infinitely it would cause difficulties.

I understand your frustration as this is a defect at a manufacturing level. Did the person who sold it to you mention it?

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #264 of 296
Fairs fair.

Its the general view that follow up customer service is for those who bought the product first hand.
Buying second hand is always a risk. And the support and warranties etc often aren't there for the buyer of used goods, if a company was liable for their products as they change hands infinitely it would cause difficulties.

I understand your frustration as this is a defect at a manufacturing level. Did the person who sold it to you mention it?

No he didn't mention it, and let's not get ridiculous. I'm the second owner an it was purchased in February of this year from a Head-Fier who has 100% feedback on over 70 items. This ia a manufacturing defect plain and simple! It was not caught by the manufacturer and that's not my fault or the fault of the original owner.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #268 of 296
Hello Everyone,

I just had a quick question about the Mini-M8. I wish to use the Mini-M8 with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5), and I was just wondering if the "Optical/Coax. In" on the front of the Mini-M8 is just a standard 3.5mm connector/rounded optical connector input? As in, could I just use a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable from my Note 5 to the Mini-M8? If not, what are my options?

I was thinking of picking up one of these 3.5mm cables if so: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141849289328?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #269 of 296
  Hello Everyone,

I just had a quick question about the Mini-M8. I wish to use the Mini-M8 with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5), and I was just wondering if the "Optical/Coax. In" on the front of the Mini-M8 is just a standard 3.5mm connector/rounded optical connector input? As in, could I just use a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable from my Note 5 to the Mini-M8? If not, what are my options?

I was thinking of picking up one of these 3.5mm cables if so: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141849289328?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

No, that won't work. The only digital output from you phone will be via USB. You will need to get a USB On the Go (OTG) cable to connect to the Mini-M8.The Mini-M8 cannot accept analog inputs. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself, but there are some other threads here on Head-fi regarding using USB OTG from various Android phones to feed into external DACs.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #270 of 296

No, that won't work. The only digital output from you phone will be via USB. You will need to get a USB On the Go (OTG) cable to connect to the Mini-M8.The Mini-M8 cannot accept analog inputs. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself, but there are some other threads here on Head-fi regarding using USB OTG from various Android phones to feed into external DACs.

Ah I see, and thank you for the quick reply! So then my only option to use my phone as a source would be to use a cable like I have listed below?

LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OTG-Printer-Cable-Micro-USB-Male-to-USB-B-Male-for-Galaxy-Note-4-3-S5-to-Printer-/161553190762?hash=item259d520f6a:g:fYEAAOSwnipWXvnL

Thanks!

- InsanityOne 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back