Centrance Hi-Fi M8 vs Kojo KM-01
Jan 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

amateuraudio

New Head-Fier
Hi, i've been contemplating between the centrance Hi-Fi M8 and the Kojo KM-01, I want a portable amp that has clarity and wider stage sound.. may i know which is more suitable for that application? Please advise:)

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 12
I haven't heard both but I'd like to point out the M8 can't be used as a standalone amplifier. It has no analog inputs.

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4 of 12
What is Your source ?
What is Your music genre ?
What is Your headphone or iem , that you use For Your set Up ?

If Your source idevice , For example iPhone 4s

Source : IPhone 4 s

Dac / Amp : Centrance M8
Cable : USB to Lod cable

Amp : Ko Jo km 01
Cable : mini to Lod

As stand Alone pure Amp : Ko Jo is very sweet and analog amp

Centrance must use iphones as source

Amp Section as combo dac / amp : is very Good too , but The mid from Ko Jo is sweeter than M8

IMO

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 12
I would be using the current version of Ipod classic paired with a Westone UMPro30, my worry now is that the centrance is a amazing amp/dac however its too damn huge to be a portable set up and the battery only lasts for 6h, whereas the KOJO can last 16h with a single AAA battery, however the KOJO weighs a ton and its only a amp, and the sound quality still wouldn't be there even if i were to rig the KOJO and my Ipod, i would need to spend additional on a DAC as well. Both are amazing amps! heard both of them before and personally love the mids and highs of KOJO however the Clarity of the centrance is just AMAZING! kinda hard decision now.. wanna try if anyone could help me? Feel free to comment as im a amateur as stated in my profile name! cheerssss!!!

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 12
I do not own M8 but Kojo. I love this amp since it can be matched with any DAP I have Fiio X5, ibasso DX50, RWA ipod 5.5G... Compared to other amps and dac/amps I got the SQ of Kojo can beat others IMO.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #11 of 12
I would be using the current version of Ipod classic paired with a Westone UMPro30, my worry now is that the centrance is a amazing amp/dac however its too damn huge to be a portable set up and the battery only lasts for 6h, whereas the KOJO can last 16h with a single AAA battery, however the KOJO weighs a ton and its only a amp, and the sound quality still wouldn't be there even if i were to rig the KOJO and my Ipod, i would need to spend additional on a DAC as well. Both are amazing amps! heard both of them before and personally love the mids and highs of KOJO however the Clarity of the centrance is just AMAZING! kinda hard decision now.. wanna try if anyone could help me? Feel free to comment as im a amateur as stated in my profile name! cheerssss!!!

It you are carrying a bag or a small pouch and willing to overlook the size and battery life, the M8 has the better value. It can power full size headphones (1000 mW of power typical), an impedance matching switch for multi-BA iems and supports balanced outputs and different ouput jacks. You can also use it as a USB DAC/amp for PC/Mac and iOS7 devices (thru CCK).

True you can't use the amp separately but it does not matter if you are only going to use the iPod classic as your source.

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 12
one question can the centrance m8 not be used as a stand alone amp, because i am thinking of bi-amping my chord hugo with centrance m8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back