CEntrance Ampersand balanced portable headphone amplifier
Mar 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #106 of 172
I contacted you through the website, but as I stated in the note, I’m almost positive it’s down to how I’m powering the amp instead of anything being wrong with it.
We reviewed the email and agree with you. It's about the power loops in the system, most likely. Sadly, no product is immune to this and with computer setups you need to be careful to use outlets that are closest together.

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #107 of 172
Just sold my Audeze LCD-4 and my Ampersand is listed here under classified. Reason I am selling is that I will travel for some time so bought KSE 1500 instead and will use it with my HiFi-M8. Great combination and easier to carry on airplanes :). Ampersand is like brand new and price is a bargain. Bought it directly from CEntrance two months ago. Pitty to sell it but it does not go with the SHURE at all.

Apr 18, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #108 of 172
Just sold my Audeze LCD-4 and my Ampersand is listed here under classified. Reason I am selling is that I will travel for some time so bought KSE 1500 instead and will use it with my HiFi-M8. Great combination and easier to carry on airplanes :). Ampersand is like brand new and price is a bargain. Bought it directly from CEntrance two months ago. Pitty to sell it but it does not go with the SHURE at all.
What's the issue with the Shure?

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #109 of 172
What's the issue with the Shure?

It's a stat IEM that has specific power requirements, and includes a customized DAC/amp to satisfy those requirements. IOW, it's its own ecosystem.

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #111 of 172
Just wanted to report that using the combo of M8 V2 and Ampersand and the Bluesound Node 2021 USB output of Radio Paradsise MQA streams with my ZMF Atrium open headphone is a sublime experience.

Attachments

• Centrace Pair.jpg
    Centrace Pair.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 0
May 1, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #112 of 172
May 2, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #114 of 172
Can compare Ampersand vs. C9 pls?
The C9 is 2.5x the price unless you find a used one. It also provides a richer, more vibrant sound; but with a warmer signature as well. It is quite powerful, too along with more connectivity options. Battery power is very good on both, but the C9 allows the user to change rechargeable batteries on their own, giving longer battery use than the OEM batteries.

If I had to choose one, without $ being an objective, the C9 wins. I do love that sound. But if price comes into play, it’s the Ampersand hands down. Or, you get the Ampersand and the M8V2 and still save $500 over the C9. Then you could get a really decent DAP or mid-fi headphone/IEM like the HiFiMan Edition XS or a used ZMF or Audeze. For the same price spent, I’d go with the CEntrance products.

Cheers and I hope this helps.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #115 of 172
The C9 is 2.5x the price unless you find a used one. It also provides a richer, more vibrant sound; but with a warmer signature as well. It is quite powerful, too along with more connectivity options. Battery power is very good on both, but the C9 allows the user to change rechargeable batteries on their own, giving longer battery use than the OEM batteries.

If I had to choose one, without $ being an objective, the C9 wins. I do love that sound. But if price comes into play, it’s the Ampersand hands down. Or, you get the Ampersand and the M8V2 and still save $500 over the C9. Then you could get a really decent DAP or mid-fi headphone/IEM like the HiFiMan Edition XS or a used ZMF or Audeze. For the same price spent, I’d go with the CEntrance products.

Cheers and I hope this helps.
Thanks very much for your valuable insight.
Appreciate much.

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #116 of 172
Good evening.Some minor help needed..Have ampersand virtually use only with I pod Touch 7G..Ordered what I thought was lightning to USB 3 connector..Made mistake and USB to camera connector arrived😔Have DDLightning to USB which are fine ..But if I knock against them everything stops.What connection can I buy for USB to Lightning for I pod? Many thanks John

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #117 of 172
The Ampersand is purely an amp, and has no DAC functions. Luckily, your iPod Touch 7G has a built-in DAC, as well as a headphone jack. So, any generic aux cable (3.5 mm TRS male to 3.5 mm TRS male) will do.

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #118 of 172
The Ampersand is purely an amp, and has no DAC functions. Luckily, your iPod Touch 7G has a built-in DAC, as well as a headphone jack. So, any generic aux cable (3.5 mm TRS male to 3.5 mm TRS male) will do.
Mr Warrenpchi Thank you so much for your help Am much obliged.John

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #119 of 172
This evening, I am playing with the Sony WM1A + Ampersand (fix mode)+ HEDDphone One on one side ... and FIIO M17 + HEDDphone One (portable Headphone mode) on the other side...
I am trying to make a kind of A/B comparison, though I didn't have any real expectation with such difficult to drive headphone in low and ultra low frequencies, even the FIIO M17 in portable mode has some real difficulties to compete with his own desktop mode with a dedicated 12V/3A external power supply ?.

So, It seems to be much better than expected as this small Ampersand unit seems really able to produce very clean 2x3W (same power as FIIO M17) and can move rather properly the HEDDphone One.

Probably, my next stage will be against the portable amp Less BX2+... Class A vs Class AB in action.
So, you found the ampersand able to really make the HEDDPHONE sing?

Jun 30, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #120 of 172
Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the iFi Diablo compared to the Ampersand with or without the M8V2? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back