Central Florida - Orlando April 2009 Mini Meet Official Thread -PLEASE POST YOUR PREFFERED MEET DATE IN THIS THREAD
Feb 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #16 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In case he doesn't see this right away, yes, Miguel, SEABREEZE is the one who stole that unit at a going out of business sale. He also had a new SR-71A I think.

Dawg on! I agree it was highway robbery, I should have called the police on him.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEABREEZE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In case he doesn't see this right away, yes, Miguel, SEABREEZE is the one who stole that unit at a going out of business sale. He also had a new SR-71A I think.
guily on all counts , add to that raffeys raptor

voltron
What grado's were those you had with your portable set up in tampa

mrarroyo,
Did you ever find a 840 c.

raffy
How you enjoying your new extreme

illkemist
Sorry you wont be with us at this meet. Be safe overseas

hiflight
Hope to see you at the meet with all your portable set ups.

SEABREEZE, Ron (HiFlight) will not be able to make it, he is a flotilla commodore and has "stuff" going on every weekend in the month of February. I was not able to find an 840C for dirt cheap as you did. Found a Meridian 508.24 for under $800 and failed to pick it up.
redface.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 102
OK, we need confirmation by Thursday of all who will be attending. It looks like I was able to secure the executive suite at Altamonte which is a two room suite. One of the rooms has a large table that sits 10.

The rate is pretty good at about $117 per night plus Taxes/Fees. However in order for the meet to start mid morning we will need to get the room for two nights. Since I will be spending the night in I would pay for one night and that leaves the remaining costs to be divided among the participants. If we have a total of 8 (7 plus me) the cost per member would be under $20 which would have to be paid before the room is booked.

If you all are OK w/ this please post your commitment to the meet. I also feel that if you say yes and pay your fees there is not turning back and if later you can not make it there would be no refunds.

If this is an issue please advise. But keep in mind that if the room is booked because a total of 8 members are participating and later only two show up well, the two should not be left holding a $250 + bill.

Thanks.

Feb 4, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #19 of 102
i'll need to check with my neighbor. we should be able to cough up the $20 each and maybe even get a room for the night.
did the rep on the phone say how much a hotel room would be?
if not, do you have their number?

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 102
Not looking good for me guys....work is being difficult and saying im needed that weekend and the last weekend in Feb. Ill be done with weekends come march.

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #25 of 102
speak of march...mikey just posted about the plantation meet which is only 2 weeks difference...if you guys can make it, maybe combined the 2 since they sooo close together.

just a thought.....

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #26 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speak of march...mikey just posted about the plantation meet which is only 2 weeks difference...if you guys can make it, maybe combined the 2 since they sooo close together.

just a thought.....

Or we could have two! Or maybe the Fort Lauderdale can combine itself w/ the one in Orlando! Lost of possibilities.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 102
i think the reason why it was in plantation was cause JP will be here doing work that week. Also, if we can and i hope, we can go to Let There be Sound and listen to Oz's awesome vinyl setup in the room.

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #29 of 102
i might not be able to make it, so i'm on a tentative basis now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back