Central Florida - Orlando April 2009 Mini Meet Official Thread -PLEASE POST YOUR PREFFERED MEET DATE IN THIS THREAD
Mar 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #47 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorcilantro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm out ...! Damn, I have too many things at once going on right now. I hope to meet with all of you soon. I almost had my neighbor coming along too!

I was going to bring some goodies too!
DC

Your neighbor can still go to the meet with your stuff.
icon10.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #48 of 102
i would just be happy hearing(and maybe coming home with) any of the 'phones in my sig under "want to hear," especially the hd800 or rs2.

i will bring my entire collection. this includes all of the sets of 'phones in my sig, as well as the amps, but i'm not bringing my computer...
i will make sure to bring at least one RM-DAC, so somebody better have some sort of computer!

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #49 of 102
NO, I wouldn't want him to go to jail! TOTALLY KIDDING. I was going to bring AKG601/702, Lavry DA10, tubes, and Amplitrex. Maybe some cables too, have some YACCO silver and I have a ALO bamboo dock for iPhone.

DC

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #50 of 102
Just re-posting what I wrote on the South Fla impressions thread:

Perhaps at the Orlando meet I will be able to set up two rigs:

RIG 1: Laptop - Trends UD10.1 - Monarchy M24 DAC - Singlepower Extreme

RIG 2: Exemplar 2900 - Luxman P1 (if I receive it in time. TTVJ sent me an email yesterday saying it had shipped. So yes, guys, I was responsible for getting the last one -not counting the sale of Todd's own Luxman, which was the one traveling all over for sample listening). This means that if Mike (tyrion) can make it to the meet, there could possibly be two luxman p1's, one analog rig, the other digital. THAT would be NICE!

CANS: HD580, HD600, MS2i, and RS1 old school with buttons.

Problem with Rig 1 is that my laptop is on the brink of death, so I might have to borrow someone's at the meet, or build a minimalistic mini pc to do the job, kinda like a jukebox type of thing, which is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #51 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

RIG 2: Exemplar 2900 - Luxman P1 (if I receive it in time. TTVJ sent me an email yesterday saying it had shipped. So yes, guys, I was responsible for getting the last one -not counting the sale of Todd's own Luxman, which was the one traveling all over for sample listening). This means that if Mike (tyrion) can make it to the meet, there could possibly be two luxman p1's, one analog rig, the other digital. THAT would be NICE!

Problem with Rig 1 is that my laptop is on the brink of death, so I might have to borrow someone's at the meet, or build a minimalistic mini pc to do the job, kinda like a jukebox type of thing, which is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do.

Great, I wanna try that Exemplar 2900 with my Extreme
icon10.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #52 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hopefully by the date of the meet, i'll have my new pc built, and it's relatively small. all it needs is the motherboard and several hours of overclocking and it will be done.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #53 of 102
Good news guys, if the meet will indeed go push through, Jack Woo from Woo Audio is willing to send us a demo amp, either a Woo 2 or 6SE. I was impressed with the 6SE I heard last week that I decided to ask Jack if he can send us a demo unit for the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #54 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news guys, if the meet will indeed go push through, Jack Woo from Woo Audio is willing to send us a demo amp, either a Woo 2 or 6SE. I was impressed with the 6SE I heard last week that I decided to ask Jack if he can send us a demo unit for the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

ooooooohhhhhhh, aaaaahhhhhhh!
beyersmile.png

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #55 of 102
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

just ordered the motherboard for my new pc. it will be put together next week and will be attending this meet with me.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #58 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got off the phone with mark and he told me that this meet was still on. forgive my lazyness but when is this shindig planned for? if it isnt around an exams then i might be able to hop on the party bus coming up north.

April 25th!

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #59 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
April 25th!

18th...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back