Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Oct 22, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #826 of 975
Geoff, you are exempt from all criticism, not least because it was you who recommended this amp to me in the first place!
You’re in for a treat with the Silver Fox!

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #827 of 975
Geoff, you are exempt from all criticism, not least because it was you who recommended this amp to me in the first place!
We had to put a few out to pasture

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #828 of 975
Pulled the trigger on a silver fox. Very excited.

Unfortunately reading through this whole thread was an unpleasant chore. We have two ornery members who seem to belong to this forum only to insult people and question their integrity (I don’t need to name them, you know who they are) and more discussion of the CFA3 and Kobo than the Silver Fox.

I hope I like the amp more than I liked reading this thread.

Let us know how you like it.

I wish this amp will do well, I just have more respect for companies like Cen.Grand and Abyss who tune their stuff to be unique compared to the rest of the competition.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #829 of 975
They certainly do that. There is a wetness and saturation to their products when properly amplified (silver fox) that turns sound into resolution and beautiful air. Cen.Grand has this in spades.

Oct 22, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #830 of 975
This thread got off the rails for a bit. But, hopefully it is back on track. Most importantly, we look out for our own... I am so excited for you, Danny. I think you will find this amp right up your alley. Especially with your headphone stable. You are in a for a treat....

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #831 of 975
Pulled the trigger on a silver fox. Very excited.

Unfortunately reading through this whole thread was an unpleasant chore. We have two ornery members who seem to belong to this forum only to insult people and question their integrity (I don’t need to name them, you know who they are) and more discussion of the CFA3 and Kobo than the Silver Fox.

I hope I like the amp more than I liked reading this thread.
Let us know how it goes, the cen.grand gear are insanely good. A company that makes top quality gear that is reasonably priced and who don't do a lot of advertising? That's a check in my books. I know that cen.grand stuff isn't that known in our part of the world but its actually quite popular in the Far East having won a handful of awards at various hifi shows there.
Extremely happy with my LSF, are we going with that acronym now people?
Really hoping that Mr. Deng gives us a DSDAC that stacks perfectly with the LSF!
It's a bit unfortunate that some people come here to talk about other stuff, but I am loving the activity on this thread.

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #833 of 975
Oct 23, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #834 of 975
Does anybody know the power consumption of this amp at idle and at full load? I sent email and left messages directly to cen.grand website a few weeks ago about this question, but still have not heard any response from them yet.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #835 of 975
Just got my silver fox this afternoon. It is a beast! Didn't expect it to be so big and heavy -- more like a silver rhino.

So far I've only had time to listen to the LCD-4 on it. And so far I'm extremely impressed.

Oct 31, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #837 of 975
Just got my silver fox this afternoon. It is a beast! Didn't expect it to be so big and heavy -- more like a silver rhino.

So far I've only had time to listen to the LCD-4 on it. And so far I'm extremely impressed.
Been loving it with the LCD-i4, glad you are having a great experience. Let me know what output you decide on using. I been leaning towards Parallel lately.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #838 of 975

lol silver rhino does describe the amp perfectly

however, the idea of silver fox name, may come from this https://www.native-languages.org/silver-fox.htm (Silver Fox from native American legend)

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #840 of 975
I can't hear any difference. Also, isn't it the case that it's not really an impedance change anyway, but a different resistance?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back