Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Jul 15, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #481 of 969
I tried to compare BTL and Parallel the other night, but it was hard to get the volume matched when quickly switching between the two modes. If I had to guess at a difference with the Elite, I’d say the vocals were more prominent in BTL. Parallel seemed a hair more balanced across the frequency range. Again, like @Yifang said, it’s a pretty subtle change. To be honest, the most noticeable difference is the lack of noise floor in Parallel.

Jul 16, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #482 of 969
Caving into my curiosity on the Holo Bliss as a competitor, I have listed my Silver Fox on classifieds for trade (ideally) or sale to fund one.

If anyone owns a Bliss and is willing to do a short term exchange for demoing I would love that opportunity too.

Apologies for flooding the thread if anyone is bothered by me 🥹

Jul 16, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #483 of 969
Caving into my curiosity on the Holo Bliss as a competitor, I have listed my Silver Fox on classifieds for trade (ideally) or sale to fund one.

If anyone owns a Bliss and is willing to do a short term exchange for demoing I would love that opportunity too.

Apologies for flooding the thread if anyone is bothered by me 🥹
It looks like the Meze Elite would benefit from such a replacement.

Jul 16, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #484 of 969
Jul 16, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #485 of 969
The Meze Elite are high performance headphones, and the Silver Fox has no pull-down gain to ensure the best performance. The Holo Bliss is an auto gain and resistive load amp that (with a high degree of certainty) forms the best synergy with high performance headphones. I'm sure the Yifang community member will have a successful amp change deal and share his experience with us. I wish him good luck.
However, I find the Silver Fox to be a great amp for difficult-to-drive headphones.

p.s.
In my opinion, it is more correct to compare Silver Fox with Flux Lab Volot and HeadTrip when used with complex headphones. In such a fight, the Silver Fox can really show itself to advantage.

Jul 16, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #486 of 969
The Meze Elite are high performance headphones, and the Silver Fox has no pull-down gain to ensure the best performance. The Holo Bliss is an auto gain and resistive load amp that (with a high degree of certainty) forms the best synergy with high performance headphones. I'm sure the Yifang community member will have a successful amp change deal and share his experience with us. I wish him good luck.
However, I find the Silver Fox to be a great amp for difficult-to-drive headphones.

p.s.
In my opinion, it is more correct to compare Silver Fox with Flux Lab Volot and HeadTrip when used with complex headphones. In such a fight, the Silver Fox can really show itself to advantage.
I agree with this. Having owned the Elite's, they are one headphone that benefits from the Silver Fox's tonality but not its power. It's not needed. They are more neutral sounding than my Empyrean's, which sound spectacular out of the Silver Fox and are hiss free in normal mode. I have yet to find a use case for BTL mode with the Silver Fox.

One reason I sought the Silver Fox was for it's versatility and power. Having such a variety of headphones with different headphone impedances, the Silver Fox made a lot of sense for my use case. Efficient headphones in general, shouldn't be paired with any amp with the power output of something like the Silver Fox.

Jul 16, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #487 of 969

p.s.
I definitely have no plans on changing headphone that's for sure. The Meze Elite has definitely settled by desire to ever buy another headphone which is why I am now dabbling in the electronics side of things.

I've tried most of the high end headphones, not every single one, but enough to know that the Elite exactly what I'm looking for so now onto a different amp when the Silver Fox goes.

Perhaps I will rebuy the Silver Fox if the Bliss isn't what I expected, but I need to try one and spend time with it too before I can make that call...

Jul 16, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #489 of 969
Anyone in the US down to swap for a KTE HOLO BLISS? Would want the 906 Silver Fox in exchange.
Good luck, you won't be disappointed!

Jul 16, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #491 of 969
Jul 16, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #494 of 969
Just wanted to leave a note that there is something about the finish of the amp which leaves a mark every time you touch it. Looks like scratches but is actually just dust. Disappears just by giving it a rub with your finger. Anyone else getting this on a black unit?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #495 of 969
I will say, silver electronics, just like cars, always hide dust, whereas black always looks dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back