Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Jun 1, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #241 of 969
Pointing out a potential conflict of interest is totally fine. Though should be done in a civilised manner.

To be clear on that front, I do not receive any commission from headphones.com based on their sales of any product. Nor have I ever taken payment from any manufacturer, and I have always actively avoided using affiliate links.
Headphones.com could sell 100000 headphones in a day and the amount I receive for making videos would be exactly the same as it would had they sold 1.
I also have no editorial discretion/control from above. The videos I make are on products I choose to review and I produce them myself with no restrictions on what I say in the videos.

I (and the others on The Headphone Show) have also produced plenty of videos that are quite negative about products that headphones.com does sell, and quite positive about ones that they don't. (this has even led to manufacturers dropping headphones.com after a negative review for their product went up and headphones.com would not take it down to keep the manufacturer happy).

I joined headphones.com because with them I can do this full time whilst having true freedom to make honest and high quality content.
For headphones.com building trust is more important than short term gain and their track record demonstrates that.
Trust and integrity have always been things that I have prioritised, including turning down various lucrative opportunities that I felt would have the potential to cause bias. And hopefully my own track record demonstrates that too.

As to the feedback on the amp. I would reiterate that this is a discussion thread, not an appreciation thread. And people should be free to share their opinions without being berated for not being enthralled by the product.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #242 of 969
What I disagree is the idea that negative comments should limited because the discussion thread is for "appreciation" purpose.

I agree. That was incorrect wording. Some threads are titled impression and appreciation. This one was not.

Again, I have no issue with someone saying they don’t like how something sounds, however, I still stand by my statement that there is a potential conflict of interest.

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #243 of 969
Pointing out a potential conflict of interest is totally fine. Though should be done in a civilised manner.

To be clear on that front, I do not receive any commission from headphones.com based on their sales of any product. Nor have I ever taken payment from any manufacturer, and I have always actively avoided using affiliate links.
Headphones.com could sell 100000 headphones in a day and the amount I receive for making videos would be exactly the same as it would had they sold 1.
I also have no editorial discretion/control from above. The videos I make are on products I choose to review and I produce them myself with no restrictions on what I say in the videos.

I (and the others on The Headphone Show) have also produced plenty of videos that are quite negative about products that headphones.com does sell, and quite positive about ones that they don't. (this has even led to manufacturers dropping headphones.com after a negative review for their product went up and headphones.com would not take it down to keep the manufacturer happy).

I joined headphones.com because with them I can do this full time whilst having true freedom to make honest and high quality content.
For headphones.com building trust is more important than short term gain and their track record demonstrates that.
Trust and integrity have always been things that I have prioritised, including turning down various lucrative opportunities that I felt would have the potential to cause bias. And hopefully my own track record demonstrates that too.

As to the feedback on the amp. I would reiterate that this is a discussion thread, not an appreciation thread. And people should be free to share their opinions without being berated for not being enthralled by the product.

I clarified my comment above regarding “appreciation”.

If you thought I was being uncivilized with my comment, that was not how I thought I expressed it. That’s the problem with writing as opposed to speaking. It doesnt always come across the same way.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #244 of 969
I should have my silver fox by next week.
After I get some hours on it, I’ll give my unadulterated opinion. I’m definitely not a fan boy when it comes to my equipment as I have a pretty good track record of disliking most of the components that I buy. The one constant over the years has been the Violectric V281 amp.

Based on my conversations with Arthur and comments from John, as well as what I’ve read, I’m hoping that the Silver Fox sounds great.

Jun 1, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #245 of 969
I didn’t even get into the fact that you work for a headphone company that sells amps, and not the Silver Fox.
Just wanted to pop in and clear up this point. We (Headphones.com not Golden) have a relationship with Arthur and Power Holdings is a distributor for a number of products that we carry.

We have access to sell the Silver Fox. Just because it's not listed doesn't mean that we don't or won't sell it.

Golden would not know that (and will only be finding out from this post) because we keep the content arm of the business separate from the e-commerce arm so our reviewers can approach products without bias (everyone will have internal bias and preferences).

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 1, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #246 of 969
Just wanted to pop in and clear up this point. We (Headphones.com not Golden) have a relationship with Arthur and Power Holdings is a distributor for a number of products that we carry.

We have access to sell the Silver Fox. Just because it's not listed doesn't mean that we don't or won't sell it.

Golden would not know that (and will only be finding out from this post) because we keep the content arm of the business separate from the e-commerce arm so our reviewers can approach products without bias (everyone will have internal bias and preferences).

I've always had great experiences with your company.

I'll be ordering my silver fox or little silver fox from headphones.com in September if you offer it.

Happy listening!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #251 of 969
I just received my tracking number for my Silver Fox. I can't wait to receive it.

I also want to apologize to everyone for the repetitiveness of my previous comments. It was out of place.
Sweet another one joins our ranks!

Jun 8, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #253 of 969
Just got my Silver Fox. I haven't connect it yet but it looks great. I like the heat shrink protective plastic on it as well.

The one thing that leaves me underwhelmed is the fact that nothing is in English. It reminds me of buying some random $500.00 Chinese tube amp off of Amazon.

Arthur you should bring this up to them. Obviously the sound and quality of the amp itself is what counts, but not including literature that is English is a poor oversight, in my opinion.

Anyways... now for the break-in. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5644.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5646.jpg
    IMG_5646.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5647.jpg
    IMG_5647.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5648.jpg
    IMG_5648.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5649.jpg
    IMG_5649.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5651.jpg
    IMG_5651.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5652.jpg
    IMG_5652.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5654.jpg
    IMG_5654.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #254 of 969
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 8, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #255 of 969
Not sure whether this is of any help or not, but I've found this:

https://manuals.plus/cen-grand/9i-906-silver-fox-headphone-amplifier-manual

From the manual:
Although this device has multiple headphone output interfaces, they are all connected in parallel. It is recommended to use a pair of headphones at the same time for the best sound quality.

This seems like an odd recommendation. Is this a typo or mistranslation? Or do they mean that one may use multiple headphones simultaneously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back