Cen.Grand 9i-806 - the Little Silver Fox
Jul 27, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #61 of 84
Bummer! I was too late. I see a black demo LSF for sale on the Power Holdings site but it looks like the silver unit has been sold.
If the desired color is not available, you can order pumping from 50 Cent. Rumor has it that he does it for free.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1690482669739.png

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #62 of 84
Copying this info from the big Silver Fox thread as the same thing applies to the Little model:

I have received several questions about which headphones have a "hiss" when used with the Silver Fox. Seems like it's a common misconception that this amp has a hissing problem with a variety of headphones. In my collection, the only things that give hiss are CIEMs from Empire Ears and other similarly hiss-prone brands... and keep in mind those tend to have the same problem even when used with most DAPs or even laptops/tablets/etc. That's not really a Silver Fox issue, but rather an issue with those particular IEMs.

Meanwhile the list of headphones that perform with completely silent backgrounds:

Audeze LCD-2, LCD-24 Limited, LCD-5
Sennheiser HD800, HD660S, HD650, HD600, HD58X
Focal Elex
HiFiMAN HE-6
Kennerton Thekk
ZMF Caldera, Atrium Closed
Meze Empyrean, Elite
Sendy Audio Peacock
AKG K812, K712
Campfire Comet
64 Audio A18t
Ultimate Ears UERR

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but you get the idea - the vast majority of headphones or IEMs I've tried play completely silently, with an almost eerie blackness to them. Even with the IEMs that do hiss, we have options to mitigate that by cycling through active G, parallel, etc, which can definitely help.

As with any amp, there can sometimes be problems caused by ground loops or other system interference. But again that's not exclusive to Cen.Grand in any way. Bottom line, I would absolutely not worry about background noise issues with this amp.

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #63 of 84
DSCF3101 (1).jpg

DSCF3019 (1).jpg

Still loving the Little Silver Fox! As seen here paired with the Eversolo DMP-A6 streaming DAC, and driving either the Audeze LCD-5 or ZMF Caldera. In both cases it makes beautiful music, with its slightly warm, punchy, smooth signature pairing very nicely with both headphones.

Sep 8, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #65 of 84
Haven't heard the Bliss so no comment on that.

I do have a V590, which is just a V550 with the addition of a DAC section. In comparison, I'd say the Little Silver Fox sounds a bit warmer, more rich and full bodied, but without losing detail at all. It's got a little more punch and general low-end authority. Also slightly more open sounding and handles complex material better. Both are excellent amps but I lean towards the Cen.Grand in most situations.

Oct 7, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #70 of 84
Hi, thanks for confirming. I appreciate your thoughts. I went ahead and ordered a Little Silver Fox Amp from Arthur after speaking with him today. Best, James
Just placed my order as well, can't wait to get it! Arthur is amazing.

Oct 10, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #71 of 84
Little Silver Fox is here, just wow! This has some real low end authority, very detailed yet no harshness. This amp is able to convey emotions spectacularly. I am VERY impressed, I will need to burn this in quite a bit but I am LOVING this "little" thing.
7B1B6453-193F-4A3D-8E94-F1998E490787-11583-00000758CABB6BB4.jpeg

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #72 of 84
Does anyone have any input in how this would compare to the Violectric V550 or other similarly priced amplifiers? I am not finding an abundant amount of information or reviews anywhere. The Violectrics are always a safe option, but it seems this may offer more customizability with the different modes of operation. Looking to upgrade more towards a TOTL amp instead of chasing the midfi hype train with the current Aune S17 and what ever follows next as I have been in the past.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #73 of 84
Dose anyone have any input in how this would compare to the Violectric V550 or other similarly priced amplifiers? I am not finding an abundant amount of information or reviews anywhere. The Violectrics are always a safe option, but it seems this may offer more customizability with the different modes of operation. Looking to upgrade more towards a TOTL amp instead of chasing the midfi hype train with the current Aune S17 and what ever follows next as I have been in the past.
From what I have read from some trusted reviewers, consensus seems to be that the Little Fox is largely in a higher tier than both the Violectric and Aune. I own the Aune and Violectric and I'm looking into the Little Fox in the near future, so I might be able to compare all three soon.

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #74 of 84
After quite a bit of listening, I personally like the Little Silver Fox a bit better than the V550 in most cases. Both are excellent amplifiers but the Cen.Grand has advantages in authority, staging, impact, and overall musical engagement. I would indeed put it in a higher tier than the Violectric.

That's not to say the V550 isn't a great amp as well. It even has certain instances where it might be the better choice. In my current collection that would be the Campfire Audio Cascade and AKG K812. Both of those just pair magically with the V550 sound. But for everything else the Little Silver Fox is my choice.

Btw not sure if people saw or not but there is a Black Friday promo for the Little Silver Fox, selling for $2049. That's an insanely good price for such a high quality amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back