Cello music!
Aug 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #62 of 116

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #67 of 116
Video time, eh? I'll bite. Cello is probably my second favorite instrument after harp. Pieces for cello and piano are lovely, but have a hard time competing with the rare bird that is the composition for cello and harp. This piece was, I believe, originally for harp & orchestra, by harpist Deborah Henson-Conant. Henson-Conant is not a harpist to whom I've payed that much attention, her work is all over the place and as such is a bit difficult to break into, in my opinion, and I simply have yet to really put in the effort. That said, a while back, I stumbled across this performance by Duo Cell'Arpa of her piece, 'The Nightingale,' arranged for cello and (celtic) harp, and it is just… breathtaking. (Note, I don't know if URLs with start times embed properly here, performance is about 42 seconds in).

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #69 of 116
Quote:
One of my all-time favorite clips!

Indeed, that celloist is just fun to watch... she's really into it <3 

Oh may freaking GAWD

The ultimate Cello/Bass combo EPIC ness

Percy Heath on the JAZZ CELLO

As always I can relate to his... manner of movement! More of a full body tick and top, but ofc the Celloists body movement makes total sense, as it's all in how she's moving her hands. Bass it picked [with your fingers -.- screw plastic picks] where as the Cello is... ... well you get the idea, and let us all enjoy this cello as played but a most epic Bassists [forgive teh crappy quality] 

Japanese Experimental Celloist, and dang it this guy is SO good  my Dt 990s I'm going to have to have a 10'th song in my Testing list 

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #71 of 116
Aug 29, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #72 of 116
I enjoyed watching the interaction of the two players above. They seemed focused on their respective roles - as they should be - yet, they display a consideration for the other's journey through the piece.

I like affection. 
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #74 of 116
Indeed, depressing thought like when reading some 'all about the brain' book telling you what you feel when say, listening to the Goldberg variations by Glenn Gould, is just edorfines doing their work, like what you get from running
blink.gif

After reading a dozen books about Glenn Gould and J.S. Bach to deepen my so called 'aesthetic' feelings, I might as well have runned 5 miles a day
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #75 of 116
Quote:
I enjoyed watching the interaction of the two players above. They seemed focused on their respective roles - as they should be - yet, they display a consideration for the other's journey through the piece.

I like affection. 
wink.gif

and I like good-looking French musicians, which was the point of my post 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back