Celebrity Audiophiles?
Jun 29, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! Someone who get's it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Gets what; that he's been ripping off the Young Gods for years?

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhh, no. If you have actually heard his albums, you would know he actually cared about sound quality. Nice try at the slam though...

very true. It seems like some people want to s**t on him more than ever, now that he's dead. You don't have to be a fan to recognize his musical talent or the incredible SQ of his albums, you just have to remove your head from where you appear to have it firmly planted.

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's hard to take anyone seriously who is known for a song titled "Your Body is a Wonderland."

I do not know much about his discography, but that song is definitely "gun to head" worthy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very true. It seems like some people want to s**t on him more than ever, now that he's dead. You don't have to be a fan to recognize his musical talent or the incredible SQ of his albums, you just have to remove your head from where you appear to have it firmly planted.

I am not a big fan, but the man knew how to entertain flat out. The sound quality is icing on the cake, and it is proof that the argument that artists have no oversight over sound quality is crap. They just do not care or are ignorant.

With regards to the OP, I am curious as to who else is dedicated to sound quality whether it is recording (musician) or playback (fan). I suspect the list will not be long, as most celebrities would rather hear themselves over a musician
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #21 of 56
Well I'm sure Steve Wilson from Porcupine Tree is somewhat of an audiophile, we all know how meticulous he is with his work and is very very particular on how things should sound, and that he hates compressed music
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #22 of 56
OK folks, enough talk about pedophiles and man bras...

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #23 of 56
He's not a "celebrity" beyond the bluegrass/acoustic world, but guitarist Tony Rice was interviewed by Listener magazine, back in '02.

cover.jpg

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Color me uninformed.... Who is that?

thats Nick Lachey of the Jonas Brothers. Also, he invented the corndog back in 1963.

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #25 of 56
When I was working at Martin Logan there was a wall of the celebrities that had some of our products. Of course there was a large area for Fabio.

One of the guys on friends ( I believe David Schwimmer) wanted to have some of the Aerius' on the show (you can see them on some of the shows) and I believe in the picture of his house he had some CLS' with some Mac gear.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #28 of 56
I don't know if this makes them audiophiles, but a bunch of NBA players have UE customs. If you go to their gallery area they show a bunch of the customs designs.

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

& others want to build him up WAY beyond what he was.. When I hear MJ was the best entertainer ever I cringe. Anyone hear of Elvis? No doubt he was ultra talented as a singer & dancer, but no singer/musical entertainer had the impact that Elvis did.. &, Yes. I know Thriller is the best selling Album worldwide. I was actually a huge fan growing up. I like around 15 of his songs, so I'm no hater.. Just when any 'icon' dies, they are built up as bigger then life.. MJ's popularity & success in America dropped of greatly, as his HIStory release in 95 was a failure in the US, & more so with his 01 release. Compared to his prior albums & the Billboard charts..

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
& others want to build him up WAY beyond what he was.. When I hear MJ was the best entertainer ever I cringe. Anyone hear of Elvis? No doubt he was ultra talented as a singer & dancer, but no singer/musical entertainer had the impact that Elvis did.. &, Yes. I know Thriller is the best selling Album worldwide. I was actually a huge fan growing up. I like around 15 of his songs, so I'm no hater.. Just when any 'icon' dies, they are built up as bigger then life.. MJ's popularity & success in America dropped of greatly, as his HIStory release in 95 was a failure in the US, & more so with his 01 release. Compared to his prior albums & the Billboard charts..

This will probably be my last post on this thread, as I do not want to draw the ire of others, but I have to say that impact says NOTHING about talent. There are many bands that made huge impacts are are seriously lacking in talent. I am not saying Elvis was not talented, but let's face it, Michael Jackson could entertain circles around Elvis. I really do not care what people say about that opinion, but (kool bubba ice: I am not singling you out... this is more of an observation in general) I cannot stand it when people are are praising an artist and someone whips out Elvis or The Beatles like the artist praised is garbage and Elvis or The Beatles are Gods.

Michael Jackson was more talented than Elvis, and I am not taking it back
evil_smiley.gif

jilgiljongiljing: I'd say that Steven Wilson does indeed care about sound quality... if you forget most of his releases on CD. The DVD-Audio releases, however, are simply outstanding. I wonder what he has at home to listen with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back