CD's You Know You "Should" Like but Dont?
Nov 16, 2003 at 7:00 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
I'll second that! I thought I was about the only person in the world who thought their stuff sux.
biggrin.gif

no, apparently there are TWO of you, which I didnt know until I read this thread.................<g>

JC

Nov 17, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #47 of 57
Make that three.

Nov 17, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #48 of 57
Make that four.

I don't know what it is with Bono's voice. It's like he sing to slow for the music or something. I don't know how to explain it but it makes listening to U2 records unpleasant for me.

Nov 17, 2003 at 1:54 PM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Ptrick
Well, GlowWorm, I'm a huge fan of the Chili Peppers but this is also the only album of theirs that I do not own. Why? I think it's group synergy. Dave Navarro, although a great player in his own right, did not have that kind of connection with the rest of the group that John Frusciante (now rejoined). Navarro is perfect for Jane's Addiction, it's more his style. He himself commented when he left the Chili Peppers, amidst all the group's searches for a replacement guitarist since 1992, that "there is only one guy who should be in the band, and that's John." With Frusciante back in the line, the group goes on to produce the killer Californication, and last year's By The Way. So to me it really is about group synergy.

Ptrick -> I hate when white boys try to get funky, because there are plenty of black artists that do it much better. Getting John Frusciante back is the smartest thing the RHCP's could have done. Now they can do what they do best, ROCK OUT!.

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:05 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Lisa
Make that four.

I don't know what it is with Bono's voice. It's like he sing to slow for the music or something. I don't know how to explain it but it makes listening to U2 records unpleasant for me.

The first album I had from them was under a bloodred sky (vinyl) I still play it once in a while it sounds good.

Every cd I have from them just sounds bloody AWFUL worst recordings ever!!.

Nov 19, 2003 at 1:25 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Spent&Bent
The first album I had from them was under a bloodred sky (vinyl) I still play it once in a while it sounds good.

Every cd I have from them just sounds bloody AWFUL worst recordings ever!!.

Have to take a listen to their first album cause I must admit I don't know much about their early stuff. People always say their early works are great but I always thought that if Bono's singing than I will have the same problem with it.

-edit-
Just went to amazon to learn a bit more about this albumand turns out I already know it. Back then a friend of mine had this album and always played it.

So now it's official, don't like U2 because of Bono's voice. Cause I must admit I like some of their song quite well but...Bono's voice...
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #54 of 57
Pretty much every classic rock album ever. Beatles, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, etc. Can't stand any of them.

Most common response:

"Woah...how can you not like the Beatles?"

"I dunno, how can you not like Children of Bodom?"

Nov 19, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #55 of 57
Make that five for U2. I agree with the "voice too slow for the music" thing.

And I can't seem to get into this indie music that kids these days seem to like. Not that I've given it much of a chance.

Oh, and Bjork. She's one where I just need to buy an album and listen to it until something clicks.

Nov 24, 2003 at 4:02 PM Post #57 of 57
I think [The] Offspring are supposed to be a cool band. Myself, I've always thought that they were annoying at best, and artistically bankrupt riff thieves who peddle uninspired drek at worst. Their new single is the most offensive pile of crap I've ever had to endure on the radio. I just can't understand why kids would like it at all. It may have clever lyrics or something, but I just can't get over the horribly cheesy keyboards, and annoying chant at the end of the chorus. Well at least this time they didn't rip off Nirvana (Self Esteem) or The Beatles (Get a Job). Well hang on a second... maybe they ripped off a pr0no composer on this one. I'm sure there's Offspring fans here, so maybe one of y'all can give me your angle on them. I just don't get them.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back