CD's You Know You "Should" Like but Dont?
Nov 12, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Tyson
Miles Davis, any album.

John Coltrane, same thing.

Davis --> how dare you

Coltrane --> early stuff is interesting, Love Supreme on out is too weird

just for those who don't get it, just makin' fun

Nov 14, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #32 of 57
Red Hot Chili Peppers-One Hot Minute
eek.gif

Nov 14, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
Red Hot Chili Peppers-One Hot Minute
eek.gif

Well, GlowWorm, I'm a huge fan of the Chili Peppers but this is also the only album of theirs that I do not own. Why? I think it's group synergy. Dave Navarro, although a great player in his own right, did not have that kind of connection with the rest of the group that John Frusciante (now rejoined). Navarro is perfect for Jane's Addiction, it's more his style. He himself commented when he left the Chili Peppers, amidst all the group's searches for a replacement guitarist since 1992, that "there is only one guy who should be in the band, and that's John." With Frusciante back in the line, the group goes on to produce the killer Californication, and last year's By The Way. So to me it really is about group synergy.

Nov 14, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by A3rd.Zero
anything by steely dan.

I know that everyone wants to test their sound systems with steely dan because "its so well engineered, and tonly its unbeatable, and it covers such a broad range while being really dynamic".

Yeah, true, but it also sounds like poo. Sorry I wouldnt subject others too it nor would I subject myself.

Milo

Steely Dan, and the Donald Fagen albums rule! Some of the finest musicianship anyone could ever wish to hear.
580smile.gif

Nov 14, 2003 at 11:51 AM Post #36 of 57
how remarkably coincidental that I post after stuartr when I say this...

Stereolab

Edit: for those of you who don't know, at the first socal meet, Stuartr overheard a conversation I was having in which i mocked Stereolab. I just find it funny that he's right behind me when I mock them again.

Nov 14, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #37 of 57
adding: Bob Dylan. listened to Highway 61 Revisited and Blond On Blonde exstensively... my god what a terrible voice. ignoring that, nothing resonates either. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat??

now, Tom Waits I dig.

Nov 14, 2003 at 2:17 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
DSOTM. I'm sorry, I just don't get it
frown.gif

Get stoned, then listen to it. You will then understand.

Nov 14, 2003 at 3:11 PM Post #40 of 57
Bruce Springsteen (all) - way way way way overrated

Radiohead "Hail to the Thief" - haven't I heard this song before? Oh yeah, it was on Kid A!

Nov 15, 2003 at 6:32 AM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by waylman
every U2 album.

I'll second that! I thought I was about the only person in the world who thought their stuff sux.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back