CDex Equivalent for Mac
Jul 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #17 of 24
Add Riff WAV to MP3 file? What do mean? More specific maybe...

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #18 of 24
Hi krmathis, sorry, what I want to do is add music to a powerpoint presentation but it only allows me if it's in wav format and since wav is much bigger than mp3 I read that you can "add riff-wav header to mp3" to trick powerpoint the music is in wav format but the file remains the same size as the mp3. Do you know if I can do this with Max?
Thanks

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #19 of 24
I see. So you want to embed MP3 encoded audio data into a WAV container.
Really not sure if you can do that from within Max. You just have to try the different encoder settings within the 2-3 different WAV formats available (built-in, Core Audio and libsndfile).

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #21 of 24
I'd recommend XLD. Seems to have a nice following. Converts nearly anything to nearly anything. Takes advantage of Core Audio to encode AAC files and gives you the option of true VBR for AAC.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #22 of 24
I have to be honest I tried to read this topic but didn't really understand what you wanted so I didn't post anything but since there has been a recommendation for XLD I will counter that with suggesting using Max for converting. XLD is a great program and I love it and use it for ripping (I personally prefer it to the Windows alternative of EAC), for converting Max is the better option (in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back