CD3000 vs HD600 question
Sep 1, 2003 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

MusicLover

1000+ Head-Fier
Which one has a smoother and richer midrange and vocals? Also, which one has better and less harsh highs? Thanks.
3000smile.gif
600smile.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 41
Thanks. I guess I should use the search function more often. I will be using it with the Supreme.

Sep 1, 2003 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

It's going to depend a lot on your setup as well, more than you might imagine.

Williamgoody is absolutely spot on here. The amp & source synergy with each of these headphones is very important, very different, and will undoubtedly change the overall character of the system.

Sep 1, 2003 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 41
I haven't heard the 3000's with a Supreme, but the 600's sounded nice out of it. No harsh highs, and a nice midrange. The only thing I might be concerned about with a 3000/Supreme combo would be possible harsh highs, as on many amps I've heard the 3000's with, I've experienced that.

However, if you're ever in transition or in between amps, the 3000's are nice to have, as they're onlty 32 ohms and can be driven by anything.

Sep 2, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 41
If you can hang on for a couple of days, I have a CD3000 coming(might be here Wednesday) and I'll be doing a lot of comparing between it and My 600s and RS-1s on a Cosmic Reference (not too dissimilar to your Supreme). Any particular music you had in mind?

Sep 2, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by OneMalt
If you can hang on for a couple of days, I have a CD3000 coming(might be here Wednesday) and I'll be doing a lot of comparing between it and My 600s and RS-1s on a Cosmic Reference (not too dissimilar to your Supreme). Any particular music you had in mind?

I was planning on listening to them with detailed techno and rock. It would be great to hear your impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 1:31 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
However, if you're ever in transition or in between amps, the 3000's are nice to have, as they're onlty 32 ohms and can be driven by anything.

Is this the same williamgoody I know? What did I miss???
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
LOL, where've you been?

He's been in the witness protection program...
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Is this the same williamgoody I know? What did I miss???
tongue.gif

Yeah, I had to PM him to verify that it wasn't someone else who got his password and username and was posting here.

As to anything, YMMV with these cans. While I have yet to hear the harsh highs from my CD3Ks, I am not above thinking it is able to happen. My ears are pretty sensitive to highs, so I would have noted those harsh highs pretty quickly.

Having said this, get a pair to try out and see how you like them in YOUR setup. Won't matter one bit how good they sound in my setup. Your ears are unique and only they can tell you if they sound good or not. Hopefully someone here reads this and can send you a pair to try out for a short time in your system.

Sep 3, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #13 of 41
I have had my cd3000's for a week now, and they probably still need a little more break in, but I am thrilled with mine. Very dynamic and powerful sounding but still refined. Rich, full midrange and natural vocals. I have no sense of a bright treble or harshness, especially with my amps that have dact stepped attenuators. The cd3000's seem to have it all IMO. The only problem I do have is they are so sensitive its really hard to set the volume with the dact's. I am sort of surprised that they sound good with any amp/ source/cable combination I try, given they are so revealing. I owe Tom Hankins big time for letting me try his cd3000's. With the widely differing opinions on these, already owning beyer dt880's that I very much enjoy, and the cd3000's price; I doubt that I would have ever taken the chance on the 3000's otherwise.

Sep 3, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #14 of 41
The CD3000 has being reported by some members as not a very good match for any of the headroom line of amps, (this was one of the reasons of why people did not like it during the WOHT, it was paired with one) if you are planning to use it with the supreme, even when I have never heard this combo, I suggest you to try the HD600, at least it has being reported as a good match for it.....

Sep 3, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
He's been in the witness protection program...
tongue.gif

Sheesh can't you keep a secret Ken? Now I'm going to have to go and get a whole new identity.

Seriously though, I've been quite busy the past little while but I've still been coming around just not as active as I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back