CD3000 vs HD600 question
Sep 4, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #31 of 41
I believe he sold off the previous two but missed them so he bought a new pair which will be arriving soon.

See I've been paying attention, really I have.
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
I believe he sold off the previous two but missed them so he bought a new pair which will be arriving soon.

See I've been paying attention, really I have.
biggrin.gif

Bingo! Hopefully they will arrive today in time for hour 200 of my Perreaux burn-in. When I heard Bill's CD3Ks on this amp last Friday...I had to get another pair.

John

Sep 4, 2003 at 6:18 PM Post #33 of 41
Yeah, I've been following that thread as well. I'm looking forward to more impressions of the Perreaux especially with the CD3000 as they have been tempting me now for months, I just wish there was some way I could try them.

Sep 5, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #34 of 41
if anyone has two or three pairs of the CD3000's, and wants to get rid of one pair
biggrin.gif
...send em my way. i'm almost positive that for X-mas, i'll be giving into my urge, and am going to dive head first into the Sony CD3000...god i can't wait what it'll all sound like on my Arcam pre amp and Cosmic run off of my up and coming Rega Planet 2000!!!!
oh, joooooooyyyyy
biggrin.gif
i miss Ren & Stimpy, the new show is just not the same! has anyone watched the new series yet?

P.S. if anyone is willing to send me a pair of CD3000's so i can audition them for 3-4 days, that would be great. but seeing as how i've been asking this for months now, and also that no one wishes to part with them for even a week (which i totally understand), it looks like my only audition will be after i buy them and they arrive on my doorstep
3000smile.gif
: however, i totally understand why no one wishes to part with them because when i gave up my ety's for a week (to get them repaired though), i went through ety withdrawl and am never going to do that again, period!

Sep 5, 2003 at 4:37 AM Post #35 of 41
The other solution could be to go to someones place around you, that own a pair, and audition them there, maybe a six pack in the middle or a nice coffee will help.....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #36 of 41
BTW tomorrow will be the day for me, the perreaux is comming, let's hope it won't be another deception, and keep the fingers crossed for me out there guys....thanks....
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 5:24 AM Post #37 of 41
Sov,
My Perreaux arrived this afternoon. I ordered it on Sunday and it was shipped on Tuesday. Luckily, I live in NC so it take UPS only two days to get the SHX-1 at my door step. It is burning in right now.

Purk

Sep 10, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Vitalstatistix
Anyone tried the CD3000 with a maxed-out meta?

I have, listened to it in the car on the way home from picking up the cans.
biggrin.gif

I was pleased, it was a good setup for the cans. I didn't pay too much attention to the dynamics at the time, but I wasn't "not pleased" or ripping them off my head.

I'm beginning to form the opinion that you shouldn't really get an amp with a "lot" of power for these (DUH?
biggrin.gif
), and that tubes are probably the best bet, they seem to compliment the dynamics of the cans very well.

The only SS amps I could say I didn't think the sound was at all harsh was the Meta (AD8620's), The Prehead (primarily out of the 120 ohm jack), and the Perreaux. With these three, the sound was really nice.

Sep 10, 2003 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Vitalstatistix
I guess my next question would be: how does the MG Head go along with the CD3000
cool.gif

I would imagine not great. I haven't heard the combo, but the MG Head does not work well with low impedence cans from what I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back