cd VS record myth explained within!
Sep 16, 2007 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

nikongod

DIY-ku
i have figured it out! after about a month of listening to primarily records at home, my CD player not even turned on the elusive "reason" behind the superior sound of vinyl has been found by ME.

i was sitting and chatting online with hot babes, when the words "size matters" came up. i was joking it off, saying that its really not the size of the stylus, but the swerve of the groove tonearm mass/cartridge compliance compatibility and all of that. the comment of "vonschwert 11's are bigger than 9's" was made and i was shot down as often happens when i talk online with hot babes. then all of a sudden it struck me!

CD's are SMALL! i dont mean like a 9" single record, NO not even close! the average adult can hold a CD by its edges with one hand! try that with a record, you just have to use 2 hands. there is no way around it and there are 2 sides! Cd's only have one! thats twice as good there.

so to summarize:
  1. CD's have only one side, records have 2. even if they were the same size, records would inherently be twice as good.
  1. CD's are small, records are BIG. as seen in the speaker example bigger is better.

discussion is welcome.

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 96
I have no idea what I'm talking about, but: is it not possible that the data on the CD is just closer together than on records? (laser vs cartridge reader)

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 96
You should get some nice 16" transcription disks!

See ya
Steve

Sep 16, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #8 of 96
Also think about your equipment stands, a CD player will fit anywhere but the turntable can only go in one place and thats on the TOP.

TOP of the stack !!!!!!!! Therefore it must be better than everything underneath.

It just makes sense
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #9 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should get some nice 16" transcription disks!

See ya
Steve

A 16" transcription di... I mean 'disk'?!
cool.gif

Regards,

L.

Sep 16, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #10 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CDs are a scam: half the bits are actually ZERO.

I like that one!
icon10.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #13 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah right
rolleyes.gif

...try hanging an album from your rear view mirror.

HAH! They're not so cool now huh.

They are too valuable to be treated in such a manner. And not everything that shines is gold.

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 96
I am an 18yo hot babe with 36-24 36 measurements. I like cds because they are shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back