cd that might destroy hi-fi equipment
Aug 31, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm selling this bridge in Brooklyn.

LOL
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 28
This wonderful recording also has a warning label for your stereo. The canon blasts at the end will make your tonearm jump. It is pretty sick.

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 28
Telarc's recording of the Grand Canyon Suite has the same warning. They digitally recorded thunder at lifelike volumes for the last track of the CD.

Bazile

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Telarc's recording of the Grand Canyon Suite has the same warning. They digitally recorded thunder at lifelike volumes for the last track of the CD.

Bazile

their recording of the 1812 overture with real cannons states
the same thing.

Dec 23, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 28
Have you ever read Goodel Escher Bach there is an analagy between record that cannot be played on record player, and things that cannot be proven in formal systems of logic the lambda calculus that underpins the computer that you are reading this on.

Dec 23, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #23 of 28
The Telarc 1812 DVD-A and the Redbook are both seriously impressive, impressive to the point of fabulous. I've not managed to blow anything up with them yet though and I've played them pretty loud.

Dec 24, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #25 of 28
I like Namanax
smily_headphones1.gif
Just play it at normal listening levels and you should be fine. Namanax likes to play with dynamic peaks, from very soft to LOUD.
wink.gif
Their concerts are very very loud, lots of Sunn O))) amps at 11
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #26 of 28
If you put a nasty square wave on a CD, you really can damage equipment. Most amps are not designed to run at full duty like that, and they will overheat, pop fuses, and possibly self-destruct.

And try hooking up a woofer to a square wave. If you give it enough juice, it will overheat the voicecoil and kill itself.

This might sound like marketing or a joke, but the wrong thing can wreck your gear.

I've always thought about mixing a wicked square wave in behind some rap and leaving CDs of it on the windshields of obnoxious thump trucks. Include a note saying something like "your stereo doesn't have the balls to play this entire CD."

Dec 24, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always thought about mixing a wicked square wave in behind some rap and leaving CDs of it on the windshields of obnoxious thump trucks. Include a note saying something like "your stereo doesn't have the balls to play this entire CD."

Awesome!
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The good ol' red button syndrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back