CD Players
Jun 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wanger

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Is there still any interest in CD players at all?  I just discovered I have a sony D-NE20 lying around, and it made me wonder if any of you folks are still using CD players?  I remember when I first got this thing it was cutting edge and "the thinnest CD playa evaa."  I haven't been into hi-fi nearly as long as most of you on here but it feels like so very long ago..

Mike

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 10
Of course! I use a SACD player, a DVD-A player, and a regular old CD player.

Then there's a turntable, cassette deck, tubed FM stereo receiver, tubed AM/shortwave receiver, wideband communications transceiver, and a HD radio receiver.

I'd like to add a reel-to-reel, dedicated 78 turntable, wire recording player, 8-track, DAT deck, and a cylinder player. :)

Not to mention a nice ADC rig so I can digitze this stuff and (legally) share out-of-copyright material with everyone.

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 10
8-track!!

L3000.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
8-track!!

L3000.gif

Only someone who has never actually used an 8-track could mention this, even jokingly. Although you are an MG fan, so you are used to stuff that only works part of the time, and requires constant fiddling! 
tongue.gif
  (j/k)

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 10
I have 2 old Sony portable CD players that I use usually when I get a new CD and want to have extended time listening to it (I keep my Fuze set on random rotation - fun!).  It's amazing how full the sound is from both, plenty of power to drive all my phones.

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 10
Still using my Sony Vintage PCDP. Best sound quality ever!

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #9 of 10
I play CDs all the time, but mostly via DVD players attached to a home theater system. I do have a portable CD player and I use it occasionally. I also play CDs in the car all the time. MP3 players are great as portable units, but I have mostly MP3 files, so, "real" CDs still sound the best.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Only someone who has never actually used an 8-track could mention this, even jokingly. Although you are an MG fan, so you are used to stuff that only works part of the time, and requires constant fiddling! 
tongue.gif
  (j/k)

Sad but true jpelg.
I have heard 8 track tapes.
I don't remember them being too bad, although they would stop in the middle of a song to go onto the other track.
Very annoying...

The MG on the other hand is a labor of love!!!

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back