CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #3,706 of 3,770
Has anyone compared PR1 and PL1? From both the reviews, it seems that KZ has created two planars in their retro mode of boombastic sound. But would appreciate if anyone by chance has both and can share their impressions and comparisons. TiA.

You must have meant PLA13. I'd also be interested in comparing them, I only have the PLA13 (just in my ears).
To avoid confusion, which versions of the PR1 are you guys referring to? The PR1balanced or PR1hifi?

The PR1h has less bass and more treble while the PR1b is more similar to the PLA13

Nov 1, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #3,707 of 3,770
To avoid confusion, which versions of the PR1 are you guys referring to? The PR1balanced or PR1hifi?

The PR1h has less bass and more treble while the PR1b is more similar to the PLA13

I personally would be interested in a comparison of the KZ PR1 balanced with the CCA PLA13. Whether there are any differences between them at all.

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #3,709 of 3,770
Mine are loaned out to someone who has Covid. She can hang onto them for the moment! Is Covid earborn? :thinking:

The Chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble, cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They use the term "musical poison" 毒音 or "female poison" as such to describe this boosted area.

Hope the IEMs don't transmit poisonous covid viruses over though!

But jokes aside, I buy quite a lot of second hand IEMs every month, and usually I wipe down the IEMs and cables with alcohol wipes. Eartips I use my own as far as possible. IEMs are easy to clean, but I haven't found a good way to clean 2nd hand headphone earpads yet.

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #3,710 of 3,770
The Chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble, cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They use the term "musical poison" 毒音 or "female poison" as such to describe this boosted area.

Hope the IEMs don't transmit poisonous covid viruses over though!

But jokes aside, I buy quite a lot of second hand IEMs every month, and usually I wipe down the IEMs and cables with alcohol wipes. Eartips I use my own as far as possible. IEMs are easy to clean, but I haven't found a good way to clean 2nd hand headphone earpads yet.
I've worked in the health sector for years, I'll be doing that anyway. Easiest thing is, I just won't get them back for a while. The virus isn't that persistent. She's recovering now so that's good! A bunch of people I know all caught it at an out of town sporting event. :triportsad:

Nov 1, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #3,711 of 3,770
You must have meant PLA13. I'd also be interested in comparing them, I only have the PLA13 (just in my ears).
Yes, my bad. Mixed up their names.

Thanks for your response. I was looking for PR1 hi-fi. I was actually looking to purchase either of them as locally I'm able to source them at a reasonable price with warranty. Because many brands are dropping ball on their QC.

Nov 1, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #3,712 of 3,770
Yes, my bad. Mixed up their names.

Thanks for your response. I was looking for PR1 hi-fi. I was actually looking to purchase either of them as locally I'm able to source them at a reasonable price with warranty. Because many brands are dropping ball on their QC.
Is it available in India already? Also are there any IEM cables available in India that are worth it?

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #3,714 of 3,770
hmm...
CCA CXS seems to be interesting and pretty cheap at $20, musing to convince myself to get one.
but at that price, there are things that i haven't tried, Salnotes Zero, QKZxHBB, and now TangZu Wan'er...

Tough competition on $20 segment.
Tried the Salnotes Zero. It wasn't as good as the CRA. Less detailed and more rolled off while having shoutier mids.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #3,715 of 3,770
Tried the Salnotes Zero. It wasn't as good as the CRA. Less detailed and more rolled off while having shoutier mids.
Apples to oranges, one is V shaped, the other neutral. Zero wins in mids. CRA wins with bass. Neither is faultless, but both are great value. I'd actually recommend both to someone starting out, as they are budget options for two different signatures. :L3000:

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #3,716 of 3,770
Apples to oranges, one is V shaped, the other neutral. Zero wins in mids. CRA wins with bass. Neither is faultless, but both are great value. I'd actually recommend both to someone starting out, as they are budget options for two different signatures. :L3000:
I wouldn't call the Zero neutral, rather it's mid centric with treble roll off.

The CRA is more bassy and extended with occasionally artificial sounding lower treble.

Both are good, but I prefer the CRA for its better extension. Makes it stand out against the budget crowd more.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #3,717 of 3,770
Is it available in India already? Also are there any IEM cables available in India that are worth it?
Yes. Available on Concept Kart and HPZ. Conceptkart has good collection of cables both modular and non-modular from brands like Xinhs, Kinera, JCAlly etc.

https://conceptkart.com/collections/upgrade-cables-and-connectors

I like Xinhs cables as they're of good build quality. Same for JCAlly. I love both of them as they're comfortable and are bang for the buck.

Nov 2, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #3,718 of 3,770
Just ordered the CCA CRA IEM - Interested to try them out as I've read a fair bit of positive reviews about them.
Confirming, the cable can be changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back