CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #3,271 of 3,770
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #3,272 of 3,770
I have not listened with the BLON-01 for very long time, I even forget how it sounds LOL. It is one of the IEMs that I buy and only listen couple times then stay in the drawer. I will get back to you after I compare to CRA.

As for Timeless, it sounds soft and too polite compare to CRA. Both bass are deep and rumbles but the slam of CRA is more enjoyable to my ears when I listened to Avenged Sevenfold's Shepherd of Fire and Sidewinder last night.
I will A/B later to confirm it.

Me the same, if you are familar with the sound of BL03, you won't get excited with BL01. CRA is simply a different beast ! Its tuning is more neutral to BL01, better imaging, wider sound stage and more refined sounds.

Screenshot_20220115-103724.png

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #3,273 of 3,770
you won't get excited with BL01
No, never actually. It was only curious as I quite liked the blon bl03.
Same for CRA, but too my surprise it is better that I expect.

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #3,275 of 3,770
Wow. Just got the CRA in today. An impressive experience for $20. Really impressive. I've been away from the hobby for a while and recently picked up the Sony xba-n3, ier-m7, and moondrop chaconne. The CRA was easily my most satisfying purchase, though all my recent additions are deeply appreciated -- I have been mulling each piece for years before pulling the trigger.

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #3,276 of 3,770
how would you compare the sound of the CRA to the BLON-01?
Have a quick comparison between CRA (KBEAR Inspiration-S 4 Core 4N Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated) and Blon01 (XINHS 8 cores pure silver and single crystal copper). It is obvious that the CRA is a better set than the Blon01.

The bass is faster and cleaner as well as more extended on CRA. CRA also has better vocal clarity. Imaging and separation is also better on CRA.
One thing is quite good on the Blon01 is the timbre.

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_192334.jpg
    IMG_20220115_192334.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #3,277 of 3,770
As for Timeless, it sounds soft and too polite compare to CRA. Both bass are deep and rumbles but the slam of CRA is more enjoyable to my ears when I listened to Avenged Sevenfold's Shepherd of Fire and Sidewinder last night.
I will A/B later to confirm it.
This is to confirm that CRA slams harder than Timeless (XINHS 8 Strand Pure silver wire + gold-plated copper wire). The subbass is also more extended. Between 20 and 35 seconds of Shepherd of Fire, you can feel the subbass more.

To me, the rock music will sound better on the CRA than Timeless. It is not that the Timeless is bad, it is just more relax. Probably, the Timeless will be better for other genre music.

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_195643.jpg
    IMG_20220115_195643.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 17, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #3,279 of 3,770
For once i try to buy cra from the official cca local store instead of from my go to iem online store.

And they manage to miss the one day delivery courier service pick up...

That almost never happen with my other iem online store. A bit minor issue compared to my zex pro 2 week run from aliexpress. But seriously, the official store need get better

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #3,280 of 3,770
CCA CRA is by far the best KZ/CCA I have heard OOTB. I don't feel like changing anything. It fits like a glove to my music preferences and sound signature is refreshingly mature and very close to neutral. It's like an upgraded version of CCA C10 and C10 is my favourite CCA IEM.

I might still tip roll to see whether this can get any better but I doubt. Maybe with Elecom or spare Spiral Dots they should sound a bit different will it be better or not, I'd report back.

Probably the most fun neutral IEM in my collection. I might just get one more as a spare and backup 😅😅

Jan 17, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #3,281 of 3,770
CCA CRA is by far the best KZ/CCA I have heard OOTB. I don't feel like changing anything. It fits like a glove to my music preferences and sound signature is refreshingly mature and very close to neutral. It's like an upgraded version of CCA C10 and C10 is my favourite CCA IEM.

I might still tip roll to see whether this can get any better but I doubt. Maybe with Elecom or spare Spiral Dots they should sound a bit different will it be better or not, I'd report back.

Probably the most fun neutral IEM in my collection. I might just get one more as a spare and backup 😅😅
I just gave away my ZEX Pro that i bought at launch to my in-law as he finally decided to give up his broken down ZST (all taped up as the shell has cracks away).
He was about to buy some xiaomi earphone when i offer him just to take my ZEX Pro.

While i'm the only one who bothered to buy these chi-fi in my family. As i always give away my current set to other family member to find excuses to buy a new one. Now,

My sister use Tanchjim Tanya
My in law use KZ Zex Pro
My mother use KZ DQ6
Whats left is my other sister who currently loved to use her bone conduction headphone so she's not interested to use iem.
well outside my family, one of my coworker use Vido earbud and another use moondrop quarks that i gave them for christmas gift trades.

Now, currently i'm waiting for my new beater CCA CRA.
Loved my ZEX pro, yes it has that flaw. But that mid and coherency is just awesome.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #3,282 of 3,770
Barusu said that the CRA is the best KZ/CCA they've heard ootb. I agree. The first thing I noticed was that nice clean low end boost. It works extremely well while gaming. The explosions in Ratchet and Clank had awesome impact and texture, and the soundstage was enough to keep the 3D effect of the spaceships flying around intact. I like the ZEX Pro, but this is easily better.

Running off my headphone station, these could easily be mistaken for something much more expensive. All that is needed is a slight boost in the mids near 2 kHz and you're set. I'm also trying different tips, and my spiral dots have made a noticeable change for the better. Vocals and treble extension are basically dialed in, which is remarkable. Some micro detail, imaging, and dynamics are missing, but you'd have to spend hundreds more to get it.

These are quite something for under $20. They don't compete with my Hifiman Edition XS (if they did I'd be worried), and these don't quite surpass the 7hz Timeless for me, but wow. I'm only 1 day in so let's see how they are in a few weeks.

If they added another DD or BA to elevate those mids a bit, keep some detail, enhanced imaging, and kept a crazy low price, these would be absolute monsters.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #3,283 of 3,770
Barusu said that the CRA is the best KZ/CCA they've heard ootb. I agree. The first thing I noticed was that nice clean low end boost. It works extremely well while gaming. The explosions in Ratchet and Clank had awesome impact and texture, and the soundstage was enough to keep the 3D effect of the spaceships flying around intact. I like the ZEX Pro, but this is easily better.

Running off my headphone station, these could easily be mistaken for something much more expensive. All that is needed is a slight boost in the mids near 2 kHz and you're set. I'm also trying different tips, and my spiral dots have made a noticeable change for the better. Vocals and treble extension are basically dialed in, which is remarkable. Some micro detail, imaging, and dynamics are missing, but you'd have to spend hundreds more to get it.

These are quite something for under $20. They don't compete with my Hifiman Edition XS (if they did I'd be worried), and these don't quite surpass the 7hz Timeless for me, by wow. I'm only 1 day in so let's see how they are in a few weeks.
Revisiting the CRA and they are sounding great. Agree on the missing micro detail, imaging and dynamics but pretty good macro detail for such a cheap set. I recommend trying out all the SpinFit tips especially the CP145 on the CRA. Spiraldots don't sound too good on any IEMs if you have SpinFit tips.

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #3,284 of 3,770

These are quite something for under $20. They don't compete with my Hifiman Edition XS (if they did I'd be worried), and these don't quite surpass the 7hz Timeless for me, but wow. I'm only 1 day in so let's see how they are in a few weeks.

If they added another DD or BA to elevate those mids a bit, keep some detail, enhanced imaging, and kept a crazy low price, these would be absolute monsters.
75B6BEB3-2F4C-4441-B597-C180E2B57577.jpeg
40283323-6842-4A07-9950-EE440CCEFEE4.jpeg

Here is my EQ profile for the CRA.

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #3,285 of 3,770

Here is my EQ profile fir the CRA.
Wait i think your CRA just evolve again, I saw it under GD5 week ago. Can you compare them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back