CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #3,167 of 3,770
Just hope cra give me great separation and details + soundstage 😍, 25 day to go

Dec 22, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #3,168 of 3,770
They are excellent. I have them since they came out. Since then, they've got better with deeper bass and excellent lower sub-bass/bass texture. I can detect different drum rhythms like the bass drum, floor drum, large tom, small tom, etc... They are that good! CCA did a very good job! They are at the top of my list for one of the best DD's to ever hit the market with pennies on the dollar. I personally think they are a game changer. They just do everything in the lower bass region, right!

-Clear
i have revonext qt5 and cca c10... will getting CRA make a difference ?

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #3,169 of 3,770
If you interested in crinacle tuning then maybe.
Edit: It's tuned really well and already have some positive reviews so you can either buy it or wait for better excution. For me, i'll wait

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #3,170 of 3,770
Personally, the CCA CRA to me sounds better and more mature than the QT5, C10, plus the C10 PRO. It produces a more natural and realistic signature with better definition and refinement with most of my genre's so far.

-Clear

Dec 22, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #3,173 of 3,770
My brief impression for the CRA from past few days of listening. Using balanced brown cable from KBear & yellow tips from BGVP. Sources used: R3 Pro, SR25(preferred), DX160 & Go Blu. Music was mostly electropop vocals.

The CRA is warm-sounding, layered over KZ's house sound. To my ears, it's not as hard edged as the usual house sound. The bass spectrum could do with a bit more detail, and treble sounded a tad grainy to me. IMHO, it's not going to be chasing after high-dollar sounds but acquits itself rather well in the under $30 price bracket. It also scales up noticeably and, imo, has diy potential.

In summary, I think it's a gem at $15 and should have good mainstream appeal.

EDIT:
Removed nozzle filters with a needle - Reduced warmth. Added a bit more bite to the mids & treble. Improved clarity. But I had to slightly reduce playing volume change to narrower-bore tips due to being treble-sensitive. It's not a bad sound signature for $15, with or without nozzle filters.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #3,174 of 3,770
My CRA's have been on a long and strange journey...

Capture.JPG

They "went" from Hong Kong to Earth, YYZ in a few hours at Ridiculous Speed then "back" to China!

Ahh... International tracking in the time of Covid, with a dash of Christmas thrown in. Gotta luv it. :yum:

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #3,175 of 3,770
My CRA's have been on a long and strange journey...

Capture.JPG

They "went" from Hong Kong to Earth, YYZ in a few hours at Ridiculous Speed then "back" to China!

Ahh... International tracking in the time of Covid, with a dash of Christmas thrown in. Gotta luv it. :yum:

Careful friend, I've experienced some sites in Aliexpress using fake tracking numbers, or they claimed it was delivered to me but it wasn't even sent out.

I usually use a few tracking sites to confirm this.

On occasions, i do see some China deliveries be sent to a few different countries that are further from me (in Singapore), it seems to have made a round trip round the globe instead of a direct China -> Singapore delivery. I asked a few logistics companies before, and apparently sometimes it is cheaper that way! Strange how this works out.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #3,176 of 3,770
Careful friend, I've experienced some sites in Aliexpress using fake tracking numbers, or they claimed it was delivered to me but it wasn't even sent out.

On occasions, i do see some China deliveries be sent to a few different countries that are further from me (in Singapore), it seems to have made a round trip round the globe instead of a direct China -> Singapore delivery. I asked a few logistics companies before, and apparently sometimes it is cheaper that way! Strange how this works out.
Yes. Sometimes it is cheaper to keep on shipping the package because warehouse costs can be higher. Additionally, they can just keep it on the same plane and save on unloading costs until it reaches an airport with a cheaper unloading cost.

Funny how these things work.

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #3,177 of 3,770

Can you share what tracking app did you use?

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #3,178 of 3,770
Can you share what tracking app did you use?

These tracking sites are quite reliable:

https://global.cainiao.com/
https://www.17track.net/en

I remember I once had a earbud purchase from an Aliexpress seller, he gave a tracking number which ended up posted to somewhere in the middle of Siberia (and they had the cheek to put it as "item delivered" and to release the money). I took a screen shot with the above tracking sites, showing this (I don't live in Siberia BTW). Aliexpress refunded on the spot.

Dec 23, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #3,179 of 3,770

It's all good. They're with Canada Post as of this morning but because it's a 4 day long weekend, I probably won't see them until the 30th or 31st.

I've [knock on wood] never had an issue with any purchases from Alie (except one that never left the store and was automatically refunded after 7 days) or eBay coming from Asia. I do know about the fake tracking numbers and other scams that sellers use. I always buy from the official store or ones with a long history that I've bought from before. The only exception was the Zishan Z4. New store to me but it was being rec'd here on Head-Fi and had a decent discount code. Arrived in the usual time without any issues.

Recently I went back and looked at my last 20 Alie buys and noticed that if it flew out of Hong Kong it was a direct flight to Toronto on a Thursday and I'd get it the following Tuesday but if it was shipped out of Singapore it would land in Vancouver then take an extra week to get to me since it would be redirected to Toronto by land... Canada is kinda big...

In this case it looks it looks like it took an extra week to get on a flight and had that crazy tracking info.

That said, it did give me some extra time to try and get used to that weird treble on the Zex Pro. Man, those cymbals...

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #3,180 of 3,770
That said, it did give me some extra time to try and get used to that weird treble on the Zex Pro. Man, those cymbals...
I still on the buy side or not for this IEM 🤣🤣
Read one atter another reviewers make me hesitate ( order or not)

And still waiting another one go home..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back