CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #2,431 of 3,770
Finally received my CKX.
CCA CKX (1).jpgCCA CKX (2).jpgCCA CKX (3).jpg

First impression: these are tiny! They are the 2nd smallest IEM in my collection, as there is always the weird shape Tin T4. However, if consider there is a 10mm DD and 6 BAs inside, they are REALLY REALLY small (measured 2cm (H) X 1.9cm (W)). Fit is average, as I prefer the NM2+ (left IEM in the third pic, the right one is the CKX) kind of shape and I need to use bigger tips to hold them in place. Don't hear that treble harshness as in the ZAX yet. This pair has the focus on the lower end as told by CCA's sales rep. Hope the sound is good.
Second impression:
I don't hear anything wrong with the CKX, it just lacks characters in a good way. However, when paired with my thick 8-core copper cables (again...) the sound is too boomy and unbalanced so cable rolling is recommended. The sense of stage can be larger also (I think) due to the lack of air (I don't hear those treble boost). Fit will definitely be an issue for some but can be fixed easily. I consider it as an upgrade from the ZAX as I really didn't like the artificial treble. The ZAX and the CKX may sound quite similar apart from the treble.

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2,433 of 3,770
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #2,434 of 3,770
Second impression:
I don't hear anything wrong with the CKX, it just lacks characters in a good way. However, when paired with my thick 8-core copper cables (again...) the sound is too boomy and unbalanced so cable rolling is recommended. The sense of stage can be larger also (I think) due to the lack of air (I don't hear those treble boost). Fit will definitely be an issue for some but can be fixed easily. I consider it as an upgrade from the ZAX as I really didn't like the artificial treble. The ZAX and the CKX may sound quite similar apart from the treble.

The overall sound really has quite a bit of resemblance with the NM2+, Only less extended/harsh treble. Comparable musicality and technicality, fast, punchy bass, good layering, just same kind of reference sounding signature. Only major difference is the treble extension while still very good on both. Also both have similar metal shells thou the NM2+ is better made but you can tell from the pic the finishing is so similar.

This is THE IEM I can listen to my whole collection with. Period.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #2,435 of 3,770
Finally received my CKX.
CCA CKX (1).jpgCCA CKX (2).jpgCCA CKX (3).jpg

First impression: these are tiny! They are the 2nd smallest IEM in my collection, as there is always the weird shape Tin T4. However, if consider there is a 10mm DD and 6 BAs inside, they are REALLY REALLY small (measured 2cm (H) X 1.9cm (W)). Fit is average, as I prefer the NM2+ (left IEM in the third pic, the right one is the CKX) kind of shape and I need to use bigger tips to hold them in place. Don't hear that treble harshness as in the ZAX yet. This pair has the focus on the lower end as told by CCA's sales rep. Hope the sound is good.
They seem small indeed!
But they also seem to have a very BIG nozzle diameter, I can already see me crying when trying to insert that in my ears! :scream:

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #2,437 of 3,770
I have narrow ear canal and use girl size tips. :L3000: Maybe you need to find the right tips?
The problem for me isn't the tips size, it's that the nozzle, when too big like it seems to be here, is hurting my ear canal... :worried:
That's why I'm using almost always earbuds now, beside the fact that they sound so good, with a wide soundstage!

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #2,438 of 3,770
The problem for me isn't the tips size, it's that the nozzle, when too big like it seems to be here, is hurting my ear canal... :worried:
That's why I'm using almost always earbuds now, beside the fact that they sound so good, with a wide soundstage!
But the nozzles should always be narrower than your canal. I used to buy only earbuds just for the same reason and I still have 3 different TWS earbuds with me. However after discovering the right tips (JVC spiral dots) I have been enjoying music with IEMs much more than with earbuds before.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #2,439 of 3,770
On the way: CS16. Not many posts on this so far.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #2,440 of 3,770
Hi . I have CCA CA16 and I'm quite satisfied .Will ISN H40 be huge improvement over CA16? Price of ISN's id 200USD so they four times more expensive.

Yes H40 is a great improvement on all KZ/CCA I've got !
Tame the bass and it play in the same league than my A7

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #2,442 of 3,770
But the nozzles should always be narrower than your canal. I used to buy only earbuds just for the same reason and I still have 3 different TWS earbuds with me. However after discovering the right tips (JVC spiral dots) I have been enjoying music with IEMs much more than with earbuds before.
Go tell my ear canal then! :upside_down:
Seriously though, I found that TWS like tips fit me better, thanks to the CCA CA16 for that! I know the tips that come with it are trashed to death but it's actually the only thing I liked about this IEM (sold it quickly, I'm definitely not a multi-BA Hybrids type of guy!) and after selling them I did try to find CA16 tips on AliExpress but they aren't sold separately, I finally found something similar and I equipped most of my remaining IEMs with those tips, they seem to fit well in ly ears, with their very short length and their flat "head"! :relaxed:

Anyway, I might try the DQ6 with the next sale on AE (should be cheap enough to try it without remorse...) but I'm set with my earbuds, love the addicting sound coming out of them more than anything else. :o2smile:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #2,443 of 3,770
Go tell my ear canal then! :upside_down:
Seriously though, I found that TWS like tips fit me better, thanks to the CCA CA16 for that! I know the tips that come with it are trashed to death but it's actually the only thing I liked about this IEM (sold it quickly, I'm definitely not a multi-BA Hybrids type of guy!) and after selling them I did try to find CA16 tips on AliExpress but they aren't sold separately, I finally found something similar and I equipped most of my remaining IEMs with those tips, they seem to fit well in ly ears, with their very short length and their flat "head"! :relaxed:

Anyway, I might try the DQ6 with the next sale on AE (should be cheap enough to try it without remorse...) but I'm set with my earbuds, love the addicting sound coming out of them more than anything else. :o2smile:

you may want to try NFaudio NM2+ or KB Ear Believe the fit is pretty good. Except you need a good DAC/DAP to run them, unlike CCA

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #2,444 of 3,770
Yes H40 is a great improvement on all KZ/CCA I've got !
Tame the bass and it play in the same league than my A7

You mean H40 is in the same league of NM2+ and Believe?

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #2,445 of 3,770
Whats about treble and separation of H40?
Im fan of upper bass not subbass

the shape of this iem is identic as ca16?

H40's default tuning bring a lot of bass/sub, so trebles are poors players of the game... It's like a subwoofer in your head !
Eq them and you've got a really great IEM : great impact, dynamic, equilibred, detailled, great separation. I like them a lot !

CA16 are really under them no doubt. First, there is the CCA/KZ tuning (mid bass bump, peak near 2k). They lake something in treble aera. Details are here but it's lake life.
EQing corrected some defaults but they don't play H40 level....

Fit is good on both. H40 are heaviest and a little more big, when you put them in your ears, they can't fall even if you're shake your head in all directions.

Frequency response, my rig not accurate after 6kHz (same level setting on both, you can see that CA16 are harder to drive.)

H40 vs CA16.jpg

CA16 equalized....

CA16 EQ.jpg

You mean H40 is in the same league of NM2+ and Believe?

No, I never hear them... But A7 is king of separation and 3D effect, H40 is king of live listening. Not same fun.
FYI, I barely equalize A7, just lower around 2K. Tuning is great.

H40 vs  A7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back