CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #1,156 of 3,770
CCA C12 is now launched for sale:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000115266646.html?mb=o5ewo1K1RrYW8pX&srcSns=Copy to Clipboard&tid=white_backgroup_101&tt=sns_Copy&aff_platform=default&cpt=1566824548825&sk=BrLTkO0Y&aff_trace_key=b9bb2a0b62134ca7984fcdb6085da343-1566824548825-05222-BrLTkO0Y&businessType=ProductDetail&templateId=white_backgroup_101&platform=AE&terminal_id=73793ee9726c42089e54ab058d022444

Sound signature looks V shaped from this link, which is quite different from the usual neutralish tuning of most of their other CCA products.
Their shop claims if u contact the seller they will give a discount.

I've too many multi/hybrid IEMs so will probably wait for reviews first.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,157 of 3,770
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #1,158 of 3,770
CCA C12 is $33 on KRHiFi store on Ali. I didn’t spend a penny this weekend. I found $56 I didn’t know I had.....ahh why not. I’ll take one for the team and let you guys know how it compares to the ZSX.This is it. I’m done after the Moondrop KXXS for at least the remainder of this year.

We’ll see if I actually listen to myself. :beyersmile:

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #1,159 of 3,770
CCA C12 is $33 on KRHiFi store on Ali. I didn’t spend a penny this weekend. I found $56 I didn’t know I had.....ahh why not. I’ll take one for the team and let you guys know how it compares to the ZSX.This is it. I’m done after the Moondrop KXXS for at least the remainder of this year.

We’ll see if I actually listen to myself. :beyersmile:
austin_powers_excellent.gif

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,160 of 3,770
Sound signature looks V shaped from this link, which is quite different from the usual neutralish tuning of most of their other CCA products.
Thanks for sending that link. Yes, the graph compared to C10 is really different.
I await the reviews because I don't know how much stock to put into freq graphs directly from the manufacturers.

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,161 of 3,770
Thanks for sending that link. Yes, the graph compared to C10 is really different.
I await the reviews because I don't know how much stock to put into freq graphs directly from the manufacturers.

Yeah I'm waiting for reviews too.
The interesting thing is the KZX (KZ terminator) that was released around the same time is more of a neutral tuning than the usual V shaped signature KZ is known for. Lol. This is the KZX aliexpress page with their freq graph inside: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000104902245.html

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,163 of 3,770
I've identified my problem; my sickness that forces me to buy.

The ZSX listing shows: "Subversive Acoustic Technology". :dt880smile:

Must.

Resist.

Haha this IEM really lives up to the name of KZ terminator

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #1,165 of 3,770
I have made an overlay of those two graphs, so you can compare the difference by yourself.
Yellow - CCA C12
Green - KZ ZSX
The C12 and ZSX look more similar on paper than the ZS10 PRO and C10 sound. A similar trade off to the way ZSN and ZSN PRO are tuned. Yhe C12 looks to have the better tuning considering it has more output from 6K to 9K. I just hope it doesn’t cause it to be siblant and harsh. The extra bass doesn’t hurt either. Maybe they should have called this one “The Punisher”.

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #1,166 of 3,770
The C12 and ZSX look more similar on paper than the ZS10 PRO and C10 sound. A similar trade off to the way ZSN and ZSN PRO are tuned. Yhe C12 looks to have the better tuning considering it has more output from 6K to 9K. I just hope it doesn’t cause it to be siblant and harsh. The extra bass doesn’t hurt either. Maybe they should have called this one “The Punisher”.

judging from the FR graph only, I would take ZSX any day of the week rather than C12, trebles will be no issue, maybe fuller extension, only maybe "busy" on 6-8khz (6khz followed by its extension on 7khz normally caused sibilance issue) but they are not so boosted. My concern more towards upper mids that 2-3 khz area. particularly on 3khz which is playing dominant part on female voices when shouting especially on high volume, peaking loud of other frequencies.

I guess i can resist not to buy other KZ for a while after breaking my oath last time with ZS10 Pro, which are best KZ to date and very have good value but I have 1 issue that bugging me, KZ BA timbre that too steely for my taste. Hopefully someday KZ change their mid and highs BA with better tonality for better IEM in the future. They have fixed so many things in the past like much better sub bass, non bleeding mid bass, good separation, wider soundstage, non peak 3khz like almost every KZ before ZSN PRO, etc.

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #1,167 of 3,770
judging from the FR graph only, I would take ZSX any day of the week rather than C12, trebles will be no issue, maybe fuller extension, only maybe "busy" on 6-8khz (6khz followed by its extension on 7khz normally caused sibilance issue) but they are not so boosted. My concern more towards upper mids that 2-3 khz area. particularly on 3khz which is playing dominant part on female voices when shouting especially on high volume, peaking loud of other frequencies.

I guess i can resist not to buy other KZ for a while after breaking my oath last time with ZS10 Pro, which are best KZ to date and very have good value but I have 1 issue that bugging me, KZ BA timbre that too steely for my taste. Hopefully someday KZ change their mid and highs BA with better tonality for better IEM in the future. They have fixed so many things in the past like much better sub bass, non bleeding mid bass, good separation, wider soundstage, non peak 3khz like almost every KZ before ZSN PRO, etc.

I agree they fixed most of the issues of the earlier KZs from feedback, and this area of tonality is more of a refinement issue of an already competent product.
IMHO, I think timbre/tonality of instruments cannot be fixed so easily unless they use more expensive BA drivers like Knowles or spend more money in R&D/tuning. But that will definitely bump up the pricing of their IEMs. KZ so far is very good for the budget segment market ~50ish USD, they did very well recently with the ZS10 Pro and ZS7. I can't complain much about the ZS10 Pro at their pricing. This budget market segment is their niche area, when they tried to enter the > $100 USD market with the KZ AS16, it was not successful. I think if they do invest in getting better tonality, we won't see KZs at such cheap prices anymore.

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #1,168 of 3,770
I agree they fixed most of the issues of the earlier KZs from feedback, and this area of tonality is more of a refinement issue of an already competent product.
IMHO, I think timbre/tonality of instruments cannot be fixed so easily unless they use more expensive BA drivers like Knowles or spend more money in R&D/tuning. But that will definitely bump up the pricing of their IEMs. KZ so far is very good for the budget segment market ~50ish USD, they did very well recently with the ZS10 Pro and ZS7. I can't complain much about the ZS10 Pro at their pricing. This budget market segment is their niche area, when they tried to enter the > $100 USD market with the KZ AS16, it was not successful. I think if they do invest in getting better tonality, we won't see KZs at such cheap prices anymore.

You got your point right, yes I'm aware that changing tonality means they have to go with better BA, resulting in bumped up their price out of budget area. But for examples if they are selling ZS10 PRO SUPER Mk II with upgraded BAs, keep all goodness from the original ZS10 pro but with natural great tonality, even double up the price, its still worth the price. Well not im complaining with current situation, just merely an advice for better IEMs in the future, but they are listening from time to time. LIke they are never give up.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #1,169 of 3,770
I'm using C10 for a while but i feel something missing around the vocals, can **** / hifihear 16 core 2.5mm balanced improves this sector? which one is the best one for under $20? Thanks

65712248_2618873531458886_3556943667944023593_n.jpg

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,170 of 3,770
I'm using C10 for a while but i feel something missing around the vocals, can **** / hifihear 16 core 2.5mm balanced improves this sector? which one is the best one for under $20? Thanks

are you gonna use a 20 usd cable for an 23 usd iem :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back