CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #257 of 3,770
Yeah, I'm just wondering, since the specs seem to not state the truth :)

The impedance of IEMs is rated at 1 kHz, which may be different from DC (multimeter) measurements.

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #258 of 3,770
Hi there! Since a month or more i have the Kanas Pro and i really love them. I want to ask if the C16 is a upgrade in terms of details, separation, texture and soundstage? I could also buy the Tanchjim Oxygen for a lower price, should i take these instead the C16?

Mar 15, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #259 of 3,770
Hi there! Since a month or more i have the Kanas Pro and i really love them. I want to ask if the C16 is a upgrade in terms of details, separation, texture and soundstage? I could also buy the Tanchjim Oxygen for a lower price, should i take these instead the C16?
I don't think the C16 is a upgrade to the Kansas Pro. Some people prefer one, some other ... The C16 is a lot cheaper. I think that in order to have a real upgrade you have to go to the $300-400 budget.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #260 of 3,770

I will go with Tanchjim Oxygen for sure, they have better bass than Kanas Pro, a bit more relaxed but detailed signature (not too aggressive on high mids area). I have Kanas Pro and I want Oxygen but dont think i will jump since I already have Kanas pro (quite a price for a little upgrades), unless i sell my Kanas Pro and get Oxygen, but i just enjoying my Kanas Pro at the moment. I dont why though I just clicked buy button on C10. I dont know..

Mar 16, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #261 of 3,770
It's more really about how much you're willing to spend. For example, I tinkered and listened to the Tanchjim Oxygen for many hours at a time at my friends headphone shop for several months now, but I can't afford them to bring them home, since my budget is taking care of my wife and kid, first! Though, the Oxygen are just beautiful sounding on par with all around quality! But, after hearing the C16, gives me another reason not necessarily to save for the Oxygen, since all I really need to do is just change the detachable cable for a better one. To me, the C16 sounds slightly brighter giving me the better edge for better details and excitement for a lower price, then spending more money to get the same thing.
...just my 2 cent thoughts! :ok_hand::wink:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #262 of 3,770
You say that the C16 is the better sounding iem? I what terms? Has it a better bass? Has it a wider and deeper stage (holographic)? More details and better separation? I am not sure if i should buy the pricier Oxygen or the very cheep C16.

Mar 16, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #263 of 3,770
Definitely digging these! Burn-in just surpassed 100 hours. Really nice soundstage. Very smooth and enjoyable. The C16's are definitely more forgiving than my DM6. So far, my preferred source with these is my LG V30+. Cable change is a must, though. I'm using a NiceHCK 8 core copper cable. I'll be able to test Moondrop Kanas Pro's cable when it arrives, as the KPE apparently is best after long burn-in time as well. Rec'd! BTW, this is a great album!
Capture+_2019-03-16-04-08-43.png

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #264 of 3,770
Now I know why there's that extra twinkle in my husband's eyes this morning.

558BC072-6CF6-41EB-A8B2-37D98124D556.jpeg

He's undoubtedly very receptive to my asides a couple of weeks ago on the great discount available ($71.16, $73.45 + shipping) for these, probably the least expensive 8-BA in-ear headphones in the world.

The shells have a noticeable heft, but are very easy to place in my ears and are surprisingly comfortable.

Using the stock Starline tips and cable, the very first thing I thought upon first listen was that this is a bright headphone. After going through about a dozen or so of my usual test tracks I noticed that the Starlines have a tendency to create that vacuum effect that I find most unpleasant. So I changed the tips into my favorite soft silicone wide-bores and the cable to the 4-core flat braided KZ SPC upgrade cable pictured and listened some more. The midrange seemed to have moved a bit forward, becoming a tad more prominent. I'm quite sure this change is due to the eartips and not the cable; I have never heard any discernible differences among my cables, and I like to think I still have good hearing. The bass reminds me of that of the KZ AS06 (3 BAs) but with more authority. And after more than 2 hours, I realized that simply referring to the C16 as "bright" would be like describing Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night as "blue".

I'll be tip-rolling as I put the C16 through its paces and scribble my impressions.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #265 of 3,770
Listened for several hours with the C16's. I would say they could be described as "all-arounders"; sounds good with many types of music. If you saw my earlier post, I was listening to Yuna - modern pop/ R&B with some pumping bass. Listening to "OSI" now and the imaging is excellent. Nice seperation of guitar, synth, drums, vocals, and bass. For the money, these are quite impressive.
Capture+_2019-03-16-06-19-06.png

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #266 of 3,770
Up for review: CCA C16 :writing_hand::yum:

Click on link below...
Post #22592

-Clearly, enjoy!
Niice thoughts on the C16, Clear. Didn't fully read until late this afternoon and would've posted my reply also at the Chinese thread but decided it's better placed here because emotions seem to be running high there at the moment.

Anyway now I know exactly what you're describing as I had them in my ears while reading your review. Clearly, most impressive!

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #267 of 3,770
Just got the C10. Initial impressions are that it's very likeable without sibilance. The problem is that my right unit has driver flex when inserting it in my ear. Hopefully it won't damage the driver in the long run.

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #268 of 3,770
I am now more incline to think that C16 has a very revealing & transparent characteristic, rather than having any basic sound signature of it's own. Tested my well-worn C16 with a newly bought Zishan Z3 (AK4493+2xOPA627). Was quite surprised to hear overwhelming bass warmth & coloration with quite distant treble and claustrophobic staging. After few hours, the sound started to balance out. And, after a day, treble and open-staging has become more dominant with fairly tempered bass. With C16's chameleon-like sound signature, I suspect our individual hearing of the C16 will be all over the map with respect to the different hardware used with it.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #269 of 3,770
I am now more incline to think that C16 has a very revealing & transparent characteristic, rather than having any basic sound signature of it's own. Tested my well-worn C16 with a newly bought Zishan Z3 (AK4493+2xOPA627). Was quite surprised to hear overwhelming bass warmth & coloration with quite distant treble and claustrophobic staging. After few hours, the sound started to balance out. And, after a day, treble and open-staging has become more dominant with fairly tempered bass. With C16's chameleon-like sound signature, I suspect our individual hearing of the C16 will be all over the map with respect to the different hardware used with it.

What's the output impedance on the Z3?

I remember their first offerings having a very high one.

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #270 of 3,770
What's the output impedance on the Z3?
I remember their first offerings having a very high one.
Sorry, I have no clue about this newer model. I plugged in the IEMs I have, and heard no distortion at listening volume of 20 to 25. They all sounded fine. Could also be that I changed the opamp to 2xOPA627. It's a great little thing. Really wakes up the C10's sound. But I am still undecided teaming it with C16.

Note: Also worked fine on an ancient Sennheiser HD565 Ovation (320ohms, I think). Loud enough at volume 25 from that tiny player.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back