CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #271 of 3,770
You say that the C16 is the better sounding iem? I what terms? Has it a better bass? Has it a wider and deeper stage (holographic)? More details and better separation? I am not sure if i should buy the pricier Oxygen or the very cheep C16.
I never said it's better. I said; since it's slightly brighter, I hear slightly better details. But, that's just me, since I see the Oxygen as a side grade paying much more money for them. The Oxygen didn't "wow" me any more than the C16 did in the sense of first listen. But, personally I think the Oxygen are probably better in long term quality, unless you can take good care of an all BA armature setup like the C16. The only thing you have to do for the C16 is just swap the cables for a better set of cables.

But, this is how I hear both...

Oxygen:
Luscious with excellent transparency and hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast textured sub-bass/bass with excellent soundstage and resolution. I find these to sound very similar to the **** with a natural-like sound signature! .

C16:
Lively interpretation of vocals, instruments, and musicality with excellent details/micro-details with holographic soundstage and resolution. The C16 can reveal most all details from any given genre's played through them and can clearly hang tough and compete with top-tier brands. Note: It is possible they can expose bad recordings, so take this into consideration before buying them.

Just put it this way, If I was blindfolded with no idea of either prices for both, I might of just picked the C16 because of the slightly brighter and more coherent and exposed details and holographic soundstage it produces.

Final note:
One more thing I would like to add...
Even though the dynamic driver on the Oxygen is "top-notch" and one of the all around best I've heard, I can say the same for the C16...best bass frequency BA balanced armature I've heard so far!

Other reviewers may want to differ, which is okay. So, personally use your best discretion! :spy:

-Clear

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #274 of 3,770
Niice thoughts on the C16, Clear. Didn't fully read until late this afternoon and would've posted my reply also at the Chinese thread but decided it's better placed here because emotions seem to be running high there at the moment.

Anyway now I know exactly what you're describing as I had them in my ears while reading your review. Clearly, most impressive!
Thanks!...I'm glad you really enjoy them as I do! :beerchug:

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #276 of 3,770
anyone hear any differences after burn in in the C10 as in the sound stage has become more back of yr head and the tonal is more fm radio like?
I have no idea what FM radio like means.

I would say stage is directly right and left with a bit of behind the ear, with vocals coming from above my forehead like im sitting down in the front row looking up at the singer. If I truly think about it, its a bit weird, but it doesn't bother me. I have listened so many hundreds of hours that brain has accepted it.

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #280 of 3,770
I have no idea what FM radio like means.

I would say stage is directly right and left with a bit of behind the ear, with vocals coming from above my forehead like im sitting down in the front row looking up at the singer. If I truly think about it, its a bit weird, but it doesn't bother me. I have listened so many hundreds of hours that brain has accepted it.
i can concur the stage is like what u said, better after burn in with better depth back to front layering and articulation... regarding the FMish tone..it means a darker tone..not piercing highs or hot treble

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #281 of 3,770
Huh, I've seen some comparsions C16 to Dm6, and for my taste, Dm6 is a lot better. I would like to save some money selling Dm6s for something even better, but I can't. I'm using as source also Lg G7 fit with quad dac.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #282 of 3,770
i can concur the stage is like what u said, better after burn in with better depth back to front layering and articulation... regarding the FMish tone..it means a darker tone..not piercing highs or hot treble

Oh yea. These are warm and smooth. The only complaint I have is that crashes sound a bit unnatural. Listening to most music it is hardly noticeable to me, but I have really listened to nothing but 70's and 80s funk jazz fusion in the past 3 weeks and its really noticeable to me here as high hats, cymbals, tambs ect are a huge part of the rhythms and mixed more forward then in other music.

Still though. I love the mids here and I cant complain. I paid $25 for em. They are good all-rounders.

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #284 of 3,770
What I like very much in CC C16 (for that I'll keep them probably) is this buldozer presence of sound - very stable, controled and easy going.

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #285 of 3,770
Where is the link
I saw the advertisement of both the CCA-CA4 and the KZ ZSN PRO at the CCA Global Store!
They are both coming soon...
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4829026?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.4981383fqmYLzb

HTB1MpVmMgHqK1RjSZFEq6AGMXXaO.jpg HTB1HDxcbu6sK1RjSsrbq6xbDXXao.jpg

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back