CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #123 of 3,770
I'll receive yin T500 and D2B4, And Zishan Z3. So I'll see soon with this new iem

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #124 of 3,770
Just got mine 3 days ago. Shells are on the heavy side. Honestly I kind of expected less with these, but build quality is surprisingly good especially on the earpieces. Cable is of the generic kind, and would most likely be replaced quickly anyways. Now on to the SQ impressions.

Setup used: Earstudio ES100>FiiO A5

Initial impression is that these sound "complete", these sound balanced, but most definitely not flat. Slight bias can be felt towards the upper registers, this is a sig I can call as "musically bright".

Confirming what @Nimweth and @purplesun said, they can sound shrill especially when underpowered (e.g. straight from an ES100) but now sounds thicker and even more balanced coming out of a FiiO A5 on high gain. This is definitely an all-rounder IEM having detail retrieval and imaging as its forte. Soundstage is so-so, as the 8BAs present an engaging, forward sound sig.

Comparison:
BGVM DMG: The DMG sounds slow and bloated compared to this though I wouldn't necessarily say one is better than the other as it would boil down to one's preferences. I for one, can use the DMG for extended periods of time without fatigue. Although if one is looking for the more balanced and "correct" sounding IEM, the C16 is the winner by a big margin. Aesthetics and comfort goes to the DMG though with its molded aluminium-magnesium build.

Conclusion:
This is definitely a departure from KZ's traditional mainstream V-shaped tuning, which may have been the reason why this came under a different branding. These technically do not do anything wrong, especially talking about the price, bundled with the excellent detail retrieval and imaging, and especially if you are into engaging, forward-sounding IEMs, you cannot go wrong with the CCA C16.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #125 of 3,770
Just got mine 3 days ago. Shells are on the heavy side. Honestly I kind of expected less with these, but build quality is surprisingly good especially on the earpieces. Cable is of the generic kind, and would most likely be replaced quickly anyways. Now on to the SQ impressions.

Setup used: Earstudio ES100>FiiO A5

Initial impression is that these sound "complete", these sound balanced, but most definitely not flat. Slight bias can be felt towards the upper registers, this is a sig I can call as "musically bright".

Confirming what @Nimweth and @purplesun said, they can sound shrill especially when underpowered (e.g. straight from an ES100) but now sounds thicker and even more balanced coming out of a FiiO A5 on high gain. This is definitely an all-rounder IEM having detail retrieval and imaging as its forte. Soundstage is so-so, as the 8BAs present an engaging, forward sound sig.

Comparison:
BGVM DMG: The DMG sounds slow and bloated compared to this though I wouldn't necessarily say one is better than the other as it would boil down to one's preferences. I for one, can use the DMG for extended periods of time without fatigue. Although if one is looking for the more balanced and "correct" sounding IEM, the C16 is the winner by a big margin. Aesthetics and comfort goes to the DMG though with its molded aluminium-magnesium build.

Conclusion:
This is definitely a departure from KZ's traditional mainstream V-shaped tuning, which may have been the reason why this came under a different branding. These technically do not do anything wrong, especially talking about the price, bundled with the excellent detail retrieval and imaging, and especially if you are into engaging, forward-sounding IEMs, you cannot go wrong with the CCA C16.
Nice impressions! You will notice the soundstage opening up after more time. With a good low impedance cable you'll be able to use low gain on your A5 as I found.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #127 of 3,770
Slight bias can be felt towards the upper registers, this is a sig I can call as "musically bright".
This is definitely an all-rounder IEM having detail retrieval and imaging as its forte. Soundstage is so-so, as the 8BAs present an engaging, forward sound sig.
The treble BAs takes the longest to settle in. IMO, when the treble sweetens up, it becomes more natural sounding. Also, I find C16's sound signature quite sensitive to changes, such as: ear tips, playback systems and cables. So, some initial tuning should yield good returns.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #129 of 3,770
So I got my C10 today. I noticed that both L+R ear pieces say “Right” on the side.

Is this a mistake on all of them, or am I just special?

On a related note, they seem really nice OOTB. A bit flatter than your typical KZ deep V. I like what I’m hearing so far.

I did only have 10 minutes of listening time, but I’m looking forward to burning then in and giving them a lot more listening time.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #130 of 3,770
Ok...So if there does come a C20 wouldn’t some crazy configuration like 4 DD 16BA a side be wild....it would look like...who knows. Hey Doc reminded me about Cowon and Jet Effects which I knew about but never totally went for it....well...Plenue R came today and WOW!
I forgot all the fun I could have and now even more with whatever number Jet is up to now ...7 I think..this thing sounds great so now I’m covered...M6 is my Spotify streaming Bluetooth cutting wifi munchkin and this “R” is like walking in to see the Wizard!!

My DT6s shipped.... the boat docks next month probably......So I’m not getting N3, V30 isn’t maybe for my ears and T3s I’m vacillating on.....
Oh and now I’m broke....but good tunes abound!
EB73427F-9430-4092-B55F-DA4EB07982B8.jpeg

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #131 of 3,770
Ok...So if there does come a C20 wouldn’t some crazy configuration like 4 DD 16BA a side be wild....it would look like...who knows. Hey Doc reminded me about Cowon and Jet Effects which I knew about but never totally went for it....well...Plenue R came today and WOW!
I forgot all the fun I could have and now even more with whatever number Jet is up to now ...7 I think..this thing sounds great so now I’m covered...M6 is my Spotify streaming Bluetooth cutting wifi munchkin and this “R” is like walking in to see the Wizard!!

My DT6s shipped.... the boat docks next month probably......So I’m not getting N3, V30 isn’t maybe for my ears and T3s I’m vacillating on.....
Oh and now I’m broke....but good tunes abound!
I think the C20 will be 10BA per side, though where the extra two drivers will go I'm not sure.

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #132 of 3,770
:darthsmile:
So I got my C10 today. I noticed that both L+R ear pieces say “Right” on the side.

Is this a mistake on all of them, or am I just special?

On a related note, they seem really nice OOTB. A bit flatter than your typical KZ deep V. I like what I’m hearing so far.

I did only have 10 minutes of listening time, but I’m looking forward to burning then in and giving them a lot more listening time.

My C10 are left and right.
You are special!
(My conjecture is that they sent them to you because you know how to fix things:))
Me, for instance, would just try to insert them together into the same ear for a couple of hours before giving up:ksc75smile:

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #133 of 3,770
:darthsmile:

My C10 are left and right.
You are special!
(My conjecture is that they sent them to you because you know how to fix things:))
Me, for instance, would just try to insert them together into the same ear for a couple of hours before giving up:ksc75smile:

I actually did at first!

I plugged in the right cable to the right side, and put it my ear and thought ‘well this fits like total arse’. It wasn’t until I went to plug the left cable into the other shell that I got totally confused for a second.

Ah, gotta love the good old ChiFi crawrity control lol

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #134 of 3,770
Just ordered the C16 + 16 core copper balanced cable. I hope the cable upgrade + balanced output will help to get the best out of the C16.

Have anyone here ever tried de C16 with the Xduoo X20 ? I'm wondering if the 300mW of the balanced output will be enough to really wake up the C16. I don't want to buy a separate amplifier ...

Of course 300mw will be enough for a pair of IEM's, don't worry about it.

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #135 of 3,770
I actually did at first!

I plugged in the right cable to the right side, and put it my ear and thought ‘well this fits like total arse’. It wasn’t until I went to plug the left cable into the other shell that I got totally confused for a second.

Ah, gotta love the good old ChiFi crawrity control lol
The simple answer is, they just ran out of “L”s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back