CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #1,351 of 3,770
Hello, friend

1.) Yes, it is reversible. The white filter has a ring of sticky black adhesive around its circumference. This adhesive is reusable. When you remove the filter, it is critical to store it on something that will protect the adhesive from dust and dirt. A small scrap of waxed baking paper (commonly called “wax paper”), a wax-coated paper drinking cup (must be wax coated), a clean unused wax candle (like a small tea candle), or the backing paper from a sticker (ie the part left behind when you peel a sticker from its backing paper).

To put the mod back to its original state, you simply reverse the procedure you performed when you removed the filter (it can be set back in place with sharp tweezers, and the adhesive smoothed back down using a cotton swab or wooden toothpick). You must make sure to put the filter over the correct hole though. There are 3 holes, and it’s easy to get confused which hole is which. You can use the photo I posted as a reference so you know the correct hole to stick the filter back onto.

2.) I’m not sure, I don’t have any of those models. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did though.

3.) The metal nozzle mesh can be found on Aliexpress if you search for “dust network steel mesh”. There are many diameters available. The correct size for the C16 is 4.3mm (sometimes sold as 4.2mm). There are a few styles available - the common flexible woven mesh type we see, and the ‘cheese grater’ style with round holes in a stiff plate:

I hope that helps!

That is amazingly helpful!
Thanks a lot!!

Oct 13, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #1,353 of 3,770
The CCA C12 i bought for $35 a few weeks ago turned up yesterday.

I don't have an in-depth impression of the sound yet. I mean overall good, something might be slightly weird in the sub-bass but i need more time with them.

The flanges are disappointingly flimsy though.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,354 of 3,770
The CCA C12 i bought for $35 a few weeks ago turned up yesterday.

I don't have an in-depth impression of the sound yet. I mean overall good, something might be slightly weird in the sub-bass but i need more time with them.

The flanges are disappointingly flimsy though.
Did you try the star-line ear tips? They come in the same package.

Oct 14, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,357 of 3,770
Yeah. The large star-line tips are what I'm using. I'm not impressed.
You said; "something sounds weird with the bass", that sounds more like something that's "out-of-phase" with your C12's. If it's not the cables, it could be a QC issue with your pair, internally. If I were you, I would return or replace them ASAP! I've experienced the same situation in past purchases! So, you're not alone! ...Weird sounding bass is one of the first signs of phase issues, IMOE.

Oct 14, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #1,358 of 3,770
You said; "something sounds weird with the bass", that sounds more like something that's "out-of-phase" with your C12's. If it's not the cables, it could be a QC issue with your pair, internally. If I were you, I would return or replace them ASAP! I've experienced the same situation in past purchases! So, you're not alone! ...Weird sounding bass is one of the first signs of phase issues, IMOE.

I'll look into it

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #1,359 of 3,770

So low bass drone that should be solid but is more warbly an indication that they are wired wrong internally?

If the back actually comes off these it sounds like an easy fix.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #1,360 of 3,770
So low bass drone that should be solid but is more warbly an indication that they are wired wrong internally?

If the back actually comes off these it sounds like an easy fix.

You can check polarity here: https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php (the one that says "wiring"). If the normal (center) polarity track sounds weird, and the out of phase one (twisted) sounds normal, then it's a phase issue. If it's at the cable level you can try just turning one (only one!) cable around. If it's an issue with only one or some of the drivers, that might be harder to diagnose let alone fix.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #1,361 of 3,770
You can check polarity here: https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php (the one that says "wiring"). If the normal (center) polarity track sounds weird, and the out of phase one (twisted) sounds normal, then it's a phase issue. If it's at the cable level you can try just turning one (only one!) cable around. If it's an issue with only one or some of the drivers, that might be harder to diagnose let alone fix.

The center one sounds normal.

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #1,362 of 3,770
I have a lab-grade function generator here with a 600-ohm output so it's trivial for me to run a mono sine-wave into a headphone amp.

Also of course i know how to use goldwave too so it won't take long to make some wav files with stereo channels 180 degrees out of phase.

Anybody know the crossover points?

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #1,363 of 3,770
Just arrived my cca c12 look great for the money

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #1,364 of 3,770
Not bad looking FB_IMG_1571141438083.jpg FB_IMG_1571141433361.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back