CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #1,291 of 3,770
I am ready to post my review of the C12, can someone create a page in the showcase section? Thank you!

Sep 21, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,292 of 3,770
I would say C12 has a slight advantage since the upper mids are emphasized and foot steps would fit in that sound space. ZSX has the best passive isolation due to the perfect fit in my ears. They fill my outer ear real well and keep outside noises out. ZSX won’t have any problems playing games at all. C12 is only $30 so it’s less of a gamble.
How about the passive isolation on the V90 compared to ZSX/C12? is it noticeably worse? forwarded mids/louder mids for imaging still good on these?

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #1,293 of 3,770
I keep meaning to pick up a CCA C10 for its relative smoothness warm, detailed sound, and signature that's inoffensive for the price.

But with the C12 being only $7-12 more, should I bother? I understand that C10 has good fit for many, and therefore decent isolation. I'm gonna get the C12 sooner or later, but I was going to wait until 11.11

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #1,294 of 3,770
I keep meaning to pick up a CCA C10 for its relative smoothness warm, detailed sound, and signature that's inoffensive for the price.

But with the C12 being only $7-12 more, should I bother? I understand that C10 has good fit for many, and therefore decent isolation. I'm gonna get the C12 sooner or later, but I was going to wait until 11.11

I just realized from another thread on headfi that aliexpress has a 3 dollar voucher off storewide for minimum 20 dollars spend (but seems u can only get 1 voucher per AE account). I used it to snag a Blon BL-03 today, but ate into my 11/11 fund in the process =(

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #1,296 of 3,770
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #1,297 of 3,770
zsx c12.jpg
Finally found a comparison of ZSX and C12 (red and blue respectively) on the audiofool review site. So this is not my image and I can't speak for accuracy, but I am excited to see a direct overlay of the responses of the two flagships. C12 response looks well-tuned, almost Harman-esque, and a bit more V-shaped than the ZSX. Here's the ZS10 Pro response from crinacle's database which shows how much of an "upgrade" we're looking at here (noting the different y-axes):
ZS10-Pro.jpg

Easy to see why there are almost no reports of sibilance with the C12, but definitely a forward upper midrange. I think this is a sign toward KZ putting more and more effort into tuning their new offerings.

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,298 of 3,770
Thanks, Baskingshark. I ordered the C10. It beat out the KB-06 and **** for me because it is said to have good fit and superior isolation.

I figure I could do worse for $19.

I still think I might pick up a KB-06 or **** one day, but isolation is a priority right now.

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,299 of 3,770

Finally found a comparison of ZSX and C12 (red and blue respectively) on the audiofool review site. So this is not my image and I can't speak for accuracy, but I am excited to see a direct overlay of the responses of the two flagships. C12 response looks well-tuned, almost Harman-esque, and a bit more V-shaped than the ZSX. Here's the ZS10 Pro response from crinacle's database which shows how much of an "upgrade" we're looking at here (noting the different y-axes):

Easy to see why there are almost no reports of sibilance with the C12, but definitely a forward upper midrange. I think this is a sign toward KZ putting more and more effort into tuning their new offerings.
It's surprising to me that the ZSX and C12 are actually tuned differently after the AS16/C16 and A10/TP10/KB10.

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,300 of 3,770
Sep 24, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #1,301 of 3,770
The C12 arrived last Friday. I burned them in for about 24 hours. The fit for me is more comfortable with the C12 than the ZS10 Pro, though the ZS10 Pro really fits my ears well. I guess it's due to their slightly smaller size. I also ordered the blue and red "Captain America" (forgot who mentioned that on this thread) CCA cable and it was okay at first until I switched it over to the 8 core copper cable I've been using with the ZS10 Pro.

I started A/B'ing the ZS10 Pro and the C12 with the same cable and the main difference I'm hearing is that the C12 is a touch less fatiguing overall in the upper mids and lower treble region. I feel like I can listen to the C12 for longer periods of time compared to the ZS10 Pro. On certain tracks, the ZS10 Pro's peaks here and there are not so pleasant so I tend to listen to them at a lower volume. With C12, I have the urge to listen a little more loudly which might not be a good thing. But it's just a touch smoother with being as ever so detailed as the ZS10 Pro. I think I'll keep the 8 core copper cable on the C12 for now since I'll probably be using it more often than the ZS10 Pro.

Also, just wanted to note that I did an A/B test with the Tin Audio P1 too. The C12, in comparison, is slightly more grainy and just doesn't have quite the brilliance as the P1 in the mids and treble. But the bass presence in the C12 makes up for the lack of brilliance. The C12 does compare really well to the P1's mids and treble though. It's not too far off, at least to my ears.

SDpNEBA.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,303 of 3,770

I personally think CCA did an excellent job with the placement of the units, while keeping the whole housing compact and sweet! You get a mature and more expensive sounding experience from any CCA or KZ hybrid, for that matter, while the graph surely displays where the details flow nicely without any complaints on, harshness, sibilance, and metallic-like sound.

-Clear :beerchug:

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #1,305 of 3,770
Thought I'd post my measurements (using a humble Dayton portable mic and some MATLAB DSP magic) of the C12 and BL-03 here. These probably aren't super duper accurate, but I hope they are helpful to get a general idea of their behavior.
C12.png

BL-03.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back