CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #2,506 of 3,770
I read some impressions on the CCA CKX Wednesday night and ordered a Silver set which arrived today from Amazon! Love it so far, small and easily vanishes from being felt in my ears. No excesses heard yet anywhere, no bloat and solid low end- so far. Nothing close to sibilance as yet, its nicely balanced sounding to me at this point, we’ll see if anything changes after a bunch of hours get logged into them.
I can easily listen to these anytime and as long as I want. The Mangard Tea started out like these and now is my usual first choice. If these can measure up to them after hours of play they are a big win in my estimation.
I’ve been listening to CKXs while writing and honestly hear no flaws at this point. Time will tell but so far they are excellent to my ears. :sunglasses: :thumbsup:
I think mine became warmer after run-in. Try feeding the CKX with the FAAEAL/BQEYZ 4 core copper and you may be more impessed. :L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #2,507 of 3,770
I’ve been fiddling with them all afternoon and settled on a balanced cable and Earfit light tips. Sounds wonderful, just loving these little puppies!
CCA really nailed it with these, they image well and sound balanced and very musical.
I’m pretty sure these will catch on and really get folks checking out CCA. I can’t hear any weaknesses so far, it sounds correct timbre wise and every other wise! :vulcan: :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #2,508 of 3,770
After giving my new KZ DQ6 to my brother in law as he broke his KZ ZST,
I bought CCA CST out of curiosity, a single dynamic, wooden shell, and half the price of DQ6. Last time i bought iem at this price range, it would be Rock Space Obsidian which a bit meh. So expectation is not that high for CST.

Its first impression manage to surprise me as it upstage DQ6 with its soundstage, airyness, and sheer BASS.
Separation or cleaness still league behind DQ6 with its 3 dynamic, but its not that bad. Details is pretty audible, Treble is not sharp, Vocal is a decent, and a bass canon (for me at least). Its great for its price.

Not to mention i've been looking for cheap-decent non-over ear (downward) IEM for my sister, so i've found one i could recommend her. the only concern with this IEM is just how the bass lingers for a bit too long.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #2,509 of 3,770
You make a good point. I could certainly live with this; it doesn't sound offensive or broken, and it basically sounds like a ZSN class IEM but for even less. If I switch off the critical-listening parts of my brain, it's pretty enjoyable.

The only fly in the ointment though is that the MH755/750 still has a more natural timbre to me. But before going to bed last night I plugged the CST into my computer, playing my collection on shuffle all and repeat, hoping that the driver will loosen up. Let's see.

I understand how you must feel about the CST, the only true good wooden iem today is the VJJB K4/K4S.. it's a must-have in every collection

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #2,510 of 3,770
I have the C10 and my LG G7 Thinq switches to AUX mode which is only intended for headphones from 50 ohms! The C10 is only supposed to have a resistance of 32 ohms, but why does my smartphone recognize the C10 as having such a high resistance? Another cable does not change the fact that the AUX mode is switched on. Does anyone have similar experiences with the C10?

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #2,511 of 3,770
I have the C10 and my LG G7 Thinq switches to AUX mode which is only intended for headphones from 50 ohms! The C10 is only supposed to have a resistance of 32 ohms, but why does my smartphone recognize the C10 as having such a high resistance? Another cable does not change the fact that the AUX mode is switched on. Does anyone have similar experiences with the C10?
The G7 has 3 modes, normal, aux and high-impedance (50 ohm minimum).

The AUX mode can be activated no matter what resistance it has. Sometimes the G7 randomly switches between the AUX and normal mode.

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,512 of 3,770
LOL. I don't need that video again!

Well, I guess there are many better IEMs out there. I actually found myself listening to the CKX too much and picked up the Spring 2 since yesterday. Definitely hear some better rendering here and there but still can't beat the versatility of the CKX to my ears.

how is CCA CKX compared to Spring 2? especialy on vocals?
I've been saving to get either Starfield or L3 or Spring 2. But if CCA CKX is pretty good compared to them, i'll take CCA CKX instead. its half the price here in my place.

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,513 of 3,770
how is CCA CKX compared to Spring 2? especialy on vocals?
I've been saving to get either Starfield or L3 or Spring 2. But if CCA CKX is pretty good compared to them, i'll take CCA CKX instead. its half the price here in my place.
IMO, they are comparable in terms of vocal performance just that the Spring 2 has slightly more upper mids. The main differences between them are Spring 2 has better and wider, more 3D stage and also more sub bass while the CKX has better and punchier bass that can make you toe tapping. The CKX actually also has better resolution. I personally think if you listen to quieter music with less layering and more sense of space you may consider the spring 2. However, if you listen to stronger beat music and need more versatility, you should definitely go for the CKX.

Which one is the L3 btw?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #2,514 of 3,770
I understand how you must feel about the CST, the only true good wooden iem today is the VJJB K4/K4S.. it's a must-have in every collection
K4S ebony or cherry? AE reviews say ebony has more bass.

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #2,516 of 3,770
IMO, they are comparable in terms of vocal performance just that the Spring 2 has slightly more upper mids. The main differences between them are Spring 2 has better and wider, more 3D stage and also more sub bass while the CKX has better and punchier bass that can make you toe tapping. The CKX actually also has better resolution. I personally think if you listen to quieter music with less layering and more sense of space you may consider the spring 2. However, if you listen to stronger beat music and need more versatility, you should definitely go for the CKX.

Which one is the L3 btw?
Thanks for the reply,btw L3 is Thie legacy 3 which quite popular in the end of 2020. And Spring 2 got into my radar because some reviewer consider it better than the darling Moondrop Starfield.

I often listen to things like heavy rock like slipknot, korn, rammstien. But i also recently been listening to blackpink and some top-40 songs. it seems CKX would be a good IEM for me.

Hows the vocal tonality by the way?
but its kinda a new thing for me. but since blon bl03 comes out that word have been thrown around often. usually i only able to tell the positioning, thickness, and dry/wet sound. not quite sure about tonality.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #2,517 of 3,770
Thanks for the reply,btw L3 is Thie legacy 3 which quite popular in the end of 2020. And Spring 2 got into my radar because some reviewer consider it better than the darling Moondrop Starfield.

I often listen to things like heavy rock like slipknot, korn, rammstien. But i also recently been listening to blackpink and some top-40 songs. it seems CKX would be a good IEM for me.

Hows the vocal tonality by the way?
but its kinda a new thing for me. but since blon bl03 comes out that word have been thrown around often. usually i only able to tell the positioning, thickness, and dry/wet sound. not quite sure about tonality.

IMO, I only classify tonality into two categories, natural and artificial. Even if the tone deviates from where you consider as the norm, it can still sound quite natural and 'correct'. It is only when the tone deviates so much from the norm you will find the tone artificial. Just my two cents.

They both have similar tonality IMO. After some running-in I find the CKX to have almost the same warmth as the Spring 2 that's why I said they are comparable.

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #2,518 of 3,770
Hi all :)

I have CCA c12 and really like it! Can someone recommend me TWS that have the same/similar sound quality so I can go wireless?

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #2,519 of 3,770
Hi all :)

I have CCA c12 and really like it! Can someone recommend me TWS that have the same/similar sound quality so I can go wireless?

Why not consider a BT adapter like a TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, TRN BT20S Pro or iBasso CF01? So u can use an existing detachable IEM like the CCA C12 with these adapters. This allows you to preserve the sound signature of your favourite IEM, plus if the BT adapter gets outdated due to BT/codec obsolescence or battery life dies with repeated charging, you can still reuse the IEM.

These BT adapters vary in price, battery charging case, waterproofing and other features, so see what suits your budget and requirements. I find they have also better sound quality pound for pound compared to TWS.

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #2,520 of 3,770
I really am fed up with cables lately and masks and when rushing in the city I caught myself sometimes struggle and even dropped my iPhone because of braiding.

I see CCA not having aptX, so maybe to try Anker Soundcore Life P2?

PS by the way i have c12, did ca16 are dramatically noticeable improvement or?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back