Cayin YB04 In-Ear Monitor
Aug 10, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 167
If you are in HK right now, we have a booth at Hong Kong High-end Audio Visual Exhibition this weekend, YB04 is demo alongside N6ii and N8.

Unfortunately not, that's why I'm asking otherwise I would already be listening & asking you personally.

Hope you have a great day !

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #17 of 167
Unfortunately not, that's why I'm asking otherwise I would already be listening & asking you personally.

Finding a demo in Hong Kong should be straightforward, check out the Headfi shops at Sim City in about a week later, you should find a few shop in 2/Fl and 3/FL carrying YB04.

We don't have any show scheduled in US within next two months, maybe you can contact Andrew of MusicTeck to find out if he has a demo unit for home trial later.

We might include YB04 in the N6ii tour later this month, will announce here if that happens.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #18 of 167
@Andykong,

No problem, thanks for your help.

However, as said, I am outside HK & US, so finding a demo is problematic.

My closest contact is Andrew from MusicTeck but given I am outside US, I am not fond of purchasing blind but I may have to consider it.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #19 of 167
Looking sharp!!!

cayin_yb04-x01.jpg
cayin_yb04-x02.jpg
cayin_yb04-x03.jpg

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #20 of 167
Any review yet twister6?

I have the chance to listen to this pair at the Hong Kong Audio fair for about 20/25 min. My brief impression is that they are very capable in all bass, mids, treble but VERY neutral in every aspect. Nothing really stands out so it could be boring for some.
However they do come with different tips (bass ,reference and vocals) to enhance your preferred sound. Also the soundstage seems to be quite big for its price range, and I think they pair really well with N8SS and N6II. Haven't tried with other DAPs

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #21 of 167
Any review yet twister6?

I have the chance to listen to this pair at the Hong Kong Audio fair for about 20/25 min. My brief impression is that they are very capable in all bass, mids, treble but VERY neutral in every aspect. Nothing really stands out so it could be boring for some.
However they do come with different tips (bass ,reference and vocals) to enhance your preferred sound. Also the soundstage seems to be quite big for its price range, and I think they pair really well with N8SS and N6II. Haven't tried with other DAPs

I have over a dozen of products in my review queue, some from 1-2 months ago, so I will get there soon but not yet. One thing I noticed, while the sound is balanced and natural, nothing too extreme with a stock cable, it really scales up once you start cable rolling. For example, I tried it with Dita OSLO cable and it was quite impressive.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #22 of 167
I just got mine earlier ☺️

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #24 of 167
Any plans for the same cable in a 4.4mm?

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #25 of 167
I have over a dozen of products in my review queue, some from 1-2 months ago, so I will get there soon but not yet. One thing I noticed, while the sound is balanced and natural, nothing too extreme with a stock cable, it really scales up once you start cable rolling. For example, I tried it with Dita OSLO cable and it was quite impressive.

Without giving your review away, any other recommended cable pairings you’ve found?

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #26 of 167
Without giving your review away, any other recommended cable pairings you’ve found?

Sorry, I didn't have a chance to test other cables yet. But actually in a process of reviewing the new Effect Audio Vogue series of budget cables, so it will be a good opportunity to pair up them with YB04 when i get a chance.

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #27 of 167
Sorry, I didn't have a chance to test other cables yet. But actually in a process of reviewing the new Effect Audio Vogue series of budget cables, so it will be a good opportunity to pair up them with YB04 when i get a chance.

Sounds good thanks, look forward to it!

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #28 of 167
A little expensive, maybe. But I really love the increased bass this cable brings, without losing a bit of clarity. Also, it's great to finally hear the YB04 in balanced.

N6ii>EA Thor II +>YB04

YB04 & N6ii 01.jpg

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #29 of 167
A little expensive, maybe. But I really love the increased bass this cable brings, without losing a bit of clarity. Also, it's great to finally hear the YB04 in balanced.

N6ii>EA Thor II +>YB04

How significant (subjectively), is the increase in bass in your opinion?

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #30 of 167
Generally speaking, cables don't have a "significant" effect on the sound. They tend to tweak the signature in subtle ways only. The same is true in this case.

If you're looking for a warmer sound without spending too much, check out the Effect Audio Ares II +. The "+" variants have a thicker gauge, which has a direct effect on bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back