CAYIN Spark C6 WM8741
Jan 22, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #47 of 53
  Sorry to get back so late on this thread. I did finally receive the unit and I really appreciate what it does. The bass and lower midrange is thicker and stronger and overall coherence is better. I've had some friends have a listed as well and they were impressed. I've tried with the Sennheiser Amperior, Momentums, and Harman Kardon CL with good results. 

I've found the Nomad LNG-W Lightning cable makes a great match for the amp, as it's nice and short and doesn't waste pocket space. 

I did notice that the unit picks up on cell phone activity, however other similar devices do the same. The noise floor is average like Hapster said. In addition, the 3.5mm inlets can be finicky with odd shaped connectors (such as Harman Kardon CL). Overall I'm quite happy with the unit despite the caveats. The fit and finish is nice and the bump in SQ is really worth it, and it's still a steal (at $199) compared to comparable units. 

Is the RFI caused by WiFi activity or by 3G/4G activity?   

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #51 of 53
  how does it compare to wm 8740?

Question, for the head-fi experts:

I'm going to order the C6,and will be using it with a Fiio X-3ii player
I will not be using any apple connections.
Currently ,I am using the C5,and the X-3,and my sound quality is excellent...better than my desktop SQ.

Is the upgrade worth it?,will the Wolfson 8741,bring a major change??

Any input/suggestions ,will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #52 of 53
Just a heads-up, Amazon has the black Cayin C6 for 79.99 shipped with Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UXZJXPU/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488349130&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65
It comes with a 3.5mm to RCA cable and a USB wall charger as extras on top of everything that comes in the retail box.

In trying to keep everything nice and tidy with my iPhone 7 plus, I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ASOMI9I/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488349596&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=angle+lightning+cable 4" angled lightning cable but it sometimes randomly drops out on me so don't recommend it.

So far it's fantastic for the price. I just use it to listen to vbr -0 and 320 bitrate mp3s. I haven't had any issues with interference from wifi or cell signals from my phone.

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #53 of 53
Would the C6 work with a iPod Touch 4G?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back