CAYIN Spark C6 WM8741
Dec 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #32 of 53
Dear friends, I must say, I'm late. C6 does not look like that is our CAYIN kids, huh fact, C6 we launched in August 2013 the first portable headphone power amplifier. because C6 is characterized Apple products corresponding DAC functions. 

In July of this year, we launched another new product C5, I believe that friends have seen here say no more. 

I am very happy to have more and more friends to participate in our discussions and understanding of CAYIN products, if you have any questions, you can give me a message, even though my English is very general, but I will try my best efforts, I hope you can help us better understand CAYIN products. 

Thank you.

Hi Thomas,

Please advise me whether C6 can be used as DAC/AMP with IPod Classic 6th Gen, not just only AMP?

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #33 of 53
Hi Thomas,

Please advise me whether C6 can be used as DAC/AMP with IPod Classic 6th Gen, not just only AMP?

Thanks!

Sorry, my dear friend, C6 is not supported IPod Classic 6th, which is one of our major mistakes early in the design, because we believe IPOD IPod Classic has become the past, but to focus on the Apple phone system leads .

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #35 of 53
Mine arrived today after sending ibasso D-zero mkii back. Whilst I was more than happy with the sound coming from Tidal on my iPhone 6 via the little ibasso to my Fidelio L2's, I wanted a device that I could plug straight in without CCK. The finish wasn't great on the ibasso either - volume dial and switches felt cheap. Granted it is entry level, but the Fiio's look higher quality and cost less/same.

I was looking at the Onkyo, Teac or the new Oppo, but then stumbled across the Cayin C6 for £120 (half price of others) so thought I'd give it a whirl.

Definitely prefer finish of C6, it's a nice looking device albeit quite a bit larger. As for sound quality vs ibasso, well my ears suggest there's not much in it (think the C6 is slightly edging it).

Overall very happy and I'd say it's definitely worth the extra £20 and I could always sell the Lightning CCK to claw that back!

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #39 of 53
Hi thomas, everyone,

Im enjoying my cayin c5 from my audioengine b1 fed over bluetooth with spotify and alac. I would like a more portable system and i want to know if the cayin c6's amp section sounds the same as the c5's. Appreciate your inputs thank you!

Btw im using a sennheiser hd700 150ohms and some iems

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #40 of 53
bumping this.  Sounds like the C5 on heck of an amp.  However, since I have an iphone 5, it's not compatible with my source (iphone 5).  I know the amp section on the C6 is not as powerful or as good as the C5, however is there still gains to be made in sound quality since it has a DAC too?  The phones I will be using are the Westone W60, Shure 846, and Ety ER 4S.  Or should I get a different source if the C5 is so much better than the C6.  Thanks any input would be appreciated.  

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #41 of 53
bumping this.  Sounds like the C5 on heck of an amp.  However, since I have an iphone 5, it's not compatible with my source (iphone 5).  I know the amp section on the C6 is not as powerful or as good as the C5, however is there still gains to be made in sound quality since it has a DAC too?  The phones I will be using are the Westone W60, Shure 846, and Ety ER 4S.  Or should I get a different source if the C5 is so much better than the C6.  Thanks any input would be appreciated.  

An amp doesn't really improve the sound that much. Sure if you have a hard to drive pair of HP it's necessary, but I wouldn't be too worried. A dac is going to have a larger impact on SQ because that's its job. The C6 was great sounding and was better than any of my "just" amps.

Honestly though, if you can afford it, you might just want to go the same route as me. Get a vmoda vamp verza off ebay for like $320-370.

The c6 always felt like it was draining my battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back