Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Jun 19, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,096 of 2,133
Source is an ipod touch. Using the ddhifi lightning adapter, left usb c port is for charging and right usb c port for audio. Without that the ipod touch battery capacity is really limited so RU7 drains it at a record pace.
Thanks , it answers my question, I can stream with the « headphones » usb cable then

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #1,099 of 2,133
Jun 19, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #1,102 of 2,133
How does the Cayin C9 contributes to the sound quality of the Ru7 and the Fir Radon6 combination?

Thanks
What stands out to me is control, slam of low end when adding C9. I guess that Kinetic driver likes some juice.

Jun 19, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #1,104 of 2,133
Does the c9 improuve soundstage too with the RU7?
With my iems & headphones the soundstage gains are marginal (if any) but RU7 standalone already has a great soundstage, to my ears.

Jun 19, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #1,106 of 2,133
However I have to say that I don't agree with those who say that the RU7 with burnin improves... for me it doesn't improve... it just becomes something else... a beast!!!

Jun 19, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #1,107 of 2,133
Has anyone here tried the MEST MKII or Multiverse Mentor with the RU7? Just wanting to know if this is something worth purchasing for on the go instead of taking my DAPs out of the house. Also, do those IEMs I mentioned make for Good pairings with the RU7?
RU7+Mest MKII+Spinfit W1=bread butter and jam

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #1,109 of 2,133
Very often DAC producers have to choose between a light, ethereal and detailed sound or a dense one, with heavy notes but inevitably less detailed and focused. With the RU7 Cayin has managed to present a sound that is at the same time very thick, with well defined and heavy notes, but with incredible definition as well as benchmark focus and placement. Having succeeded in doing this, the two characteristics feed on each other ... the notes seem even heavier and the sound denser precisely because of the presence of infinite details and nuances ... just as the details are felt even more precisely for the density of the sound itself and for the consistency of each single note. Cherry on the cake? The speed with which all this happens... and which feeds the cohesion and organicity of the entire sound stage. This time Cayin has made a real masterpiece and without any dac already on the market... but with only the flour of its own sack. Compliments!

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #1,110 of 2,133
Very often DAC producers have to choose between a light, ethereal and detailed sound or a dense one, with heavy notes but inevitably less detailed and focused. With the RU7 Cayin has managed to present a sound that is at the same time very thick, with well defined and heavy notes, but with incredible definition as well as benchmark focus and placement. Having succeeded in doing this, the two characteristics feed on each other ... the notes seem even heavier and the sound denser precisely because of the presence of infinite details and nuances ... just as the details are felt even more precisely for the density of the sound itself and for the consistency of each single note. Cherry on the cake? The speed with which all this happens... and which feeds the cohesion and organicity of the entire sound stage. This time Cayin has made a real masterpiece and without any dac already on the market... but with only the flour of its own sack. Compliments!
So which one goes away, m15? Ru6? Or dc04 pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back