Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Jun 19, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #1,081 of 2,150
Yikes! I’ve never heard anyone one describe the Mojo as rough before haha. I’m quite intrigued by the RU7 so I put my order in with MusicTeck 😬 I’m hoping all of my “mobile joy” needs will be met by the W4 and RU7. I’m thinking the combo will be more portable, versatile, and cheaper than a new Mojo 2. I can’t stand the micro usb ports and I no longer consider the mojo form factor to be portable since dongles continue to improve. The W4 didn’t disappoint with its technical chops. So, I have high hopes for the RU7 on the analog and musical side.
These two dongles are definitely a one-two punch and have changed my view on dongles in general.

Jun 19, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #1,082 of 2,150
These two dongles are definitely a one-two punch and have changed my view on dongles in general.
You’re definitely one of the reasons I started snooping around the RU7 thread haha

Jun 19, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,083 of 2,150
Yikes! I’ve never heard anyone one describe the Mojo as rough before haha. I’m quite intrigued by the RU7 so I put my order in with MusicTeck 😬 I’m hoping all of my “mobile joy” needs will be met by the W4 and RU7. I’m thinking the combo will be more portable, versatile, and cheaper than a new Mojo 2. I can’t stand the micro usb ports and I no longer consider the mojo form factor to be portable since dongles continue to improve. The W4 didn’t disappoint with its technical chops. So, I have high hopes for the RU7 on the analog and musical side.
I think your A8000 and HD650 will be very happy with the choice you made... but the others won't be unhappy either... :wink:
The only problem is that you've found a worthy opponent for the W4, which up until now was more comfortable being your first pick.

P.S. maybe the HE1000SE will need a more powerful amplifier, but the RU7 lineout will help you with that.

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,084 of 2,150
I think your A8000 and HD650 will be very happy with the choice you made... but the others won't be unhappy either... :wink:
The only problem is that you've found a worthy opponent for the W4, which up until now was more comfortable being your first pick.

P.S. maybe the HE1000SE will need a more powerful amplifier, but the RU7 lineout will help you with that.
I’m ok with them fighting for my attention haha. That’s definitely a good problem in my opinion. Yeah, I was definitely thinking along the lines of using the A8000 more with the RU7 and the IER-Z1R more with the W4 and mix it up on occasion.

Outside of testing, I don’t really use dongles with my full-size cans since they never leave the desk.

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #1,085 of 2,150

HeKSE need the C9 for sure 😉

Jun 19, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,086 of 2,150
Has anyone here tried the MEST MKII or Multiverse Mentor with the RU7? Just wanting to know if this is something worth purchasing for on the go instead of taking my DAPs out of the house. Also, do those IEMs I mentioned make for Good pairings with the RU7?

Jun 19, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #1,087 of 2,150
Jun 19, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,088 of 2,150
Has anyone here tried the MEST MKII or Multiverse Mentor with the RU7? Just wanting to know if this is something worth purchasing for on the go instead of taking my DAPs out of the house. Also, do those IEMs I mentioned make for Good pairings with the RU7?
I used it with MEST MK1 CIEM and MK2 and they sound good with it. I prefer Ru7 over the RU6 with this combo, since the MEST is already a tad dark and the RU6 makes it even more so. The RU7 is less warm, but equally smooth.

Jun 19, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #1,089 of 2,150
Enjoyed this a lot while home working today :).

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 19, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #1,091 of 2,150
So for those who enjoy using the line out function of the RU7 to connect it to external amps, what type of cable do you use for the line out connection, and are there any specific headphone amps that are particularly suited to this connection or will any head-amp do?

Jun 19, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #1,093 of 2,150
I used it with MEST MK1 CIEM and MK2 and they sound good with it. I prefer Ru7 over the RU6 with this combo, since the MEST is already a tad dark and the RU6 makes it even more so. The RU7 is less warm, but equally smooth.
Greatly appreciated @antdroid! This helps a lot. Thank you!

Jun 19, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,094 of 2,150
Are doubling the the usb-c output with your phone? Is it equivalent to this ?
Source is an ipod touch. Using the ddhifi lightning adapter, left usb c port is for charging and right usb c port for audio. Without that the ipod touch battery capacity is really limited so RU7 drains it at a record pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back