Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
May 28, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #391 of 2,224
May 28, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #394 of 2,224
Nice bass, gently pushing from down below. great spatial feeling - if i close my eyes i see how someone plays these instruments (not sure what they called)
I'm on my 7th hour with dongle and it truly is one of a kind

Discrete design means the dongle will likely benefit from break-in and should get better with time and usage.

May 28, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #396 of 2,224
It is a bit disingenuous to show pricing of the W4EX; the W4 msrp is $482. That is two Benjamins more than a RU7 and 67% more costly. RU7 is the real breakthrough product when value is added to the equation.
I’m interested in the W4EX. I don’t see anything wrong in putting this vs RU7 for comparison. As noted in the link the price difference is very close between them - 30$

Both bring their own breakthroughs - One designed it’s own dac chip and uses extremely low power + brings incredible record breaking desktop level measurements (dynamic range/thd) and the other has its own discrete circuitry for 1 bit etc

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #397 of 2,224
I’m interested in the W4EX. I don’t see anything wrong in putting this vs RU7 for comparison. As noted in the link the price difference is very close between them - 30$

Both bring their own breakthroughs - One designed it’s own dac chip and uses extremely low power + brings incredible record breaking desktop level measurements (dynamic range/thd) and the other has its own discrete circuitry for 1 bit etc
It was said it is Cirrus Logic chip in a package, no?
Please let us know if you compare both

May 28, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #399 of 2,224
Highs and instrumental:
Effortless and very life like. Very organic. Extremely beautiful!
IMG_3087.png
Have you tried it only on an iPhone with the Qobuz app? simple this application does not have a driver for direct access to hardware. unlike UAPP...
I don't know for sure, maybe there is no direct access to hardware for the Apple ecosystem at all.
It's just that I understand that if you and Apple are delighted, then what will happen to the PC (win) and Android :smirk: do you have the opportunity to try RU7 with any smartphone on Android? anyone will do, even the most budget for 90-100$

May 28, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #400 of 2,224
Have you tried it only on an iPhone with the Qobuz app? simple this application does not have a driver for direct access to hardware. unlike UAPP...
I don't know for sure, maybe there is no direct access to hardware for the Apple ecosystem at all.
It's just that I understand that if you and Apple are delighted, then what will happen to the PC (win) and Android :smirk: do you have the opportunity to try RU7 with any smartphone on Android? anyone will do, even the most budget for 90-100$
Reporting:
Yes I did, past 4-5 hours only PC, on exclusive mode. Sc from iPhone are more convenient.

So, mest Mk2 with this wonder was extremely good, mesmerizing.

But after I switched to Anole V14, well, I got used to a little “flat” presentation of mest so to say.
on anole it’s a total 3d - depth is incredible, I can’t stop thinking how good it is. All music becomes richer, more dimensional, more lifelike.

In short- it’s an extremely organic, natural, but even more, it’s visceral and complex. Even old songs from 70s - 80s sound like I’ve never heard them. Really reminiscent of only one close experience- multi bit chips based dacs, more precisely 1704k graded sound. It’s very organic, less flawless, less liquid, but very close to, like 75-80%.

I wonder how it will compare to HM1000 gold?

More to follow, stay tuned!

May 28, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #401 of 2,224
Reporting:
Yes I did, past 4-5 hours only PC, on exclusive mode. Sc from iPhone are more convenient.

So, mest Mk2 with this wonder was extremely good, mesmerizing.

But after I switched to Anole V14, well, I got used to a little “flat” presentation of mest so to say.
on anole it’s a total 3d - depth is incredible, I can’t stop thinking how good it is. All music becomes richer, more dimensional, more lifelike.

In short- it’s an extremely organic, natural, but even more, it’s visceral and complex. Even old songs from 70s - 80s sound like I’ve never heard them. Really reminiscent of only one close experience- multi bit chips based dacs, more precisely 1704k graded sound. It’s very organic, less flawless, less liquid, but very close to, like 75-80%.

I wonder how it will compare to HM1000 gold?

More to follow, stay tuned!

I think most of the dongles are too bright sounding . Have you experienced any fatiguing harsh trebles on ru7 ?

May 28, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #402 of 2,224
No, I think I have pointed out ⬆️ that it sounds organic
Nothing is making any fatigue. Also, probably I need to put it like this:
I’ve listened to RU7 for the past 12 hours almost all the time. I don’t feel fatigue except for the tips I used on Mest (Fiio ones)absolutely no fatigue. No ear ringing. It’s extremely comfortable sounding, no harshness.
I must’ve added it in bold print. Sorry about that.
It’s a different sound signature- no plastic feeling, no fatigue. It does not sound like DS chip dacs. It’s natural.

May 28, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #403 of 2,224
It also sounds extremely well on ultra low volumes ( everything is clear and well pronounced)
I’ve been drafting a document for 1-1:30hrs with music on background using mests, volume was around 10.
it was enjoyable.

May 28, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #404 of 2,224
No, I think I have pointed out ⬆️ that it sounds organic
Nothing is making any fatigue. Also, probably I need to put it like this:
I’ve listened to RU7 for the past 12 hours almost all the time. I don’t feel fatigue except for the tips I used on Mest (Fiio ones)absolutely no fatigue. No ear ringing. It’s extremely comfortable sounding, no harshness.
I must’ve added it in bold print. Sorry about that.
It’s a different sound signature- no plastic feeling, no fatigue. It does not sound like DS chip dacs. It’s natural.
As is the RU6. Did you listen to the RU6 for long enough to offer a fair comparison to the RU7? Would be interested to know as I wait in anticipation for the arrival of the RU7. Can't wait!

May 28, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #405 of 2,224
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back