Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Dec 23, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #1,201 of 3,679
Hi @twister6, although I happily own the RU6, I keep on reading stuff. Please, did you mention which mode (OS/NOS) of the RU6 you were using when comparing to the Lotoo PAW S2 in your long S2 review? [Insert: I suppose OS would be more appropriate for a direct comparison since I guess the AKM DAC chip of the S2 would inherently do oversampling as well?] Thanks a lot in advance for commenting.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #1,202 of 3,679
Is anyone using some noise-filtering, "decrapifying," reclocking,or jitter-removing device (s) with their RU6? If so, could they share their experiences?

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #1,203 of 3,679
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,204 of 3,679
Is anyone using some noise-filtering, "decrapifying," reclocking,or jitter-removing device (s) with their RU6? If so, could they share their experiences?

yes spoke about it earlier in the thread. good improvements with ifi iusb micro 3.0.

It's infact so sensitive to quality usb signal as well as quality power i notice changes with all my sources. Even upgrading the ipower 9v supply for the iusb micro to the ipower x brought significant improvements to the RU6.. I dread to think what might happen if I got the ipower elite instead... i've opened a can of worms and audio nervosa

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,205 of 3,679
yes spoke about it earlier in the thread. good improvements with ifi iusb micro 3.0.

It's infact so sensitive to quality usb signal as well as quality power i notice changes with all my sources. Even upgrading the ipower 9v supply for the iusb micro to the ipower x brought significant improvements to the RU6.. I dread to think what might happen if I got the ipower elite instead... i've opened a can of worms and audio nervosa

This looks like the unit you're referring to. Do you know whether the 2.0 version can work the same magic, or are the some vital properties that are exclusive to the 3.0 version?

AIFIMICROiUSB3.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,206 of 3,679
This looks like the unit you're referring to. Do you know whether the 2.0 version can work the same magic, or are the some vital properties that are exclusive to the 3.0 version?

AIFIMICROiUSB3.jpg

Dont know much about version 2 probably quite similar i guess.

I also noticed improvement when used from an ifi zen stream, perhaps it sounds a little cleaner from it vs the micro iusb where it's a little more euphoric/plump.. both give improvement

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #1,207 of 3,679
Right now my best luck is with the direct USBc to USBc to the iPad Pro for the 4.4mm balanced. Yes.
Please comment on battery drain with iPad Pro Using 4.4mm balanced. Thx

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #1,208 of 3,679
Please comment on battery drain with iPad Pro Using 4.4mm balanced. Thx
I played music out of iPad Air and left it playing for whole night with headphone connected from 4.4mm balanced, volume set at 25 in high gain, NOS and in whole night the battery fell from 100 to ~40% for me. Pro May perform better.

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,209 of 3,679
Wireless charging is less efficient than wired and generates more heat, which is in the long term detrimental to the phone battery.
I only use my Apple MagSafe battery to charge my iPhone mini. Yes, it does generate more heat but it stops charging @ 91%. Long term, I feel that’s less detrimental to the battery.

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #1,210 of 3,679
Hello guys I've been reading about this but I just want to confirm something about the volume control.

From what I read it says any reduction in volume from source will degrade the sound. So it's recommended to use 100% source volume (say like from Windows) then volume down using the hardware buttons on the Cayin RU6 is that correct?

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #1,211 of 3,679
Hello guys I've been reading about this but I just want to confirm something about the volume control.

From what I read it says any reduction in volume from source will degrade the sound. So it's recommended to use 100% source volume (say like from Windows) then volume down using the hardware buttons on the Cayin RU6 is that correct?
Yes, that’s correct

Dec 24, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #1,213 of 3,679
Od kilku godzin ru6 pracuje pod prąd, o dziwo ciągnąc hd650 bardzo przyzwoicie, bardzo mnie to dziwi i póki co nie w równowadze.

Wieczorem podłączę NH bo teraz jestem outsiderem.

Bravo Cayin bo to co zrobili w takim maluchu zasługuje na słowa uznania, dźwięk jest jak cudownie ująć, kochanie… no właśnie jak granie r2r z ich urokiem muzykalności, świetnym basem i ujmującą średnicą.

Jeśli ktoś zna się na DAC-ach to wie o co chodzi w R2R, jest dla mnie ujmujący, ta bańka jest świetna i mam kilka stacjonarnych DAC-ów, w tym r2r na pcm1704 pcm63.

Wracając do cayin ru6, po włączeniu AK pee51 coś odejmuje przyjemności słuchania, nie żeby AK jest dużo gorszy, ale to inny dźwięk i nasycenie, szczególnie na dole skali. HD650 są trudne w prowadzeniu, co jest słyszalne natychmiast po przepięciu.

Ru6 gra tylko kilka godzin i trzeba mu dać kilkanaście więcej, ale sposób gry zasługuje na uznanie.

Cóż, jest magia r2r i można ją od razu usłyszeć, regulacja głośności działa świetnie, menu jest tak proste jak budowanie cepa, ten fajny wyświetlacz spełnia swoje zadanie.

Możesz wybrać wykończenia OS i NOS, co Ci odpowiada, system operacyjny ma świetny subbas, aż trudno uwierzyć, że hd650 gra tak z tą bańką...

To chyba najlepszy zakup w tym roku 

W trybie NOS wokale słychać bardziej naturalnie, kosztem impulsu w dolnym zakresie, OS daje więcej impulsu w basie, jest bardziej dynamicznie, bardziej rockowo, jestem ciekaw odczuć.

Ten płaszcz ru6.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,214 of 3,679
Od kilku godzin ru6 pracuje pod prąd, o dziwo ciągnąc hd650 bardzo przyzwoicie, bardzo mnie to dziwi i póki co nie w równowadze.

Bravo Cayin bo to co zrobili w takim maluchu zasługuje na słowa uznania, dźwięk jest jak cudownie ująć, kochanie… no właśnie jak granie r2r z ich urokiem muzykalności, świetnym basem i ujmującą średnicą.

Jeśli ktoś zna się na DAC-ach to wie o co chodzi w R2R, jest dla mnie ujmujący, ta bańka jest świetna i mam kilka stacjonarnych DAC-ów, w tym r2r na pcm1704 pcm63.

Wracając do cayin ru6, po włączeniu AK pee51 coś odejmuje przyjemności słuchania, nie żeby AK jest dużo gorszy, ale to inny dźwięk i nasycenie, szczególnie na dole skali. HD650 są trudne w prowadzeniu, co jest słyszalne natychmiast po przepięciu.

Ru6 gra tylko kilka godzin i trzeba mu dać kilkanaście więcej, ale sposób gry zasługuje na uznanie.

Cóż, jest magia r2r i można ją od razu usłyszeć, regulacja głośności działa świetnie, menu jest tak proste jak budowanie cepa, ten fajny wyświetlacz spełnia swoje zadanie.

Możesz wybrać wykończenia OS i NOS, co Ci odpowiada, system operacyjny ma świetny subbas, aż trudno uwierzyć, że hd650 gra tak z tą bańką...

W trybie NOS wokale słychać bardziej naturalnie, kosztem impulsu w dolnym zakresie, OS daje więcej impulsu w basie, jest bardziej dynamicznie, bardziej rockowo, jestem ciekaw odczuć.

Ten płaszcz ru6.
The ru6 has been working against the current for several hours, surprisingly pulling the hd650 very decently, it amazes me a lot and so far it is not in balance.

In the evening I will connect the NH because now I am an outsider.

Bravo Cayin because what they did in such a toddler deserves words of appreciation, the sound is wonderful to describe, honey ... just like playing r2r with their charm of musicality, great bass and charming midrange.

If someone knows DACs, he knows what R2R is about, it is endearing to me, this bubble is great and I have several stationary DACs, including r2r on pcm1704 pcm63.

Coming back to the cayin ru6, after turning on the AK pee51, something subtracts the listening pleasure, not that the AK is much worse, but it is a different sound and saturation, especially at the lower end of the scale. The HD650 are difficult to drive, which is audible immediately after overvoltage.

Ru6 plays only a few hours and you have to give him a dozen more, but the way he plays deserves recognition.

Well there's the magic of r2r and you can hear it right away, the volume control works great, the menu is as simple as building a flail, this cool display does the job.

You can choose the OS and NOS trim that suits you, the operating system has a great subbas, it's hard to believe that the hd650 sounds like that with this bubble ...

This is probably the best purchase this year 

In the NOS mode, the vocals are heard more naturally, at the expense of an impulse in the lower range, the OS gives more impulse in the bass, it is more dynamic, more rock-like, I'm curious to feel.

This coat ru6.

===================================================================================================

This is what google translate (source is Polish) gives me LOL. Very good to hear you enjoy the RU6 more than AK PEE51, I was looking at PEE51 for a longgggggggg time but it's always out of stock everywhere so I couldn't buy one.

I already have a desktop unit (Playmate 2 with V6 Vivid on the way) so I probably don't need this but still very tempted to buy one just to try. I previously owned a Modi Multibit but it has some other issues (outdated USB) but otherwise I do like the tonal balance of R2R dac.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,215 of 3,679

Ten płaszcz ru6.
for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back