Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Nov 29, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #391 of 3,685
@Andykong Do I have to buy a USB-C to lightning cable seperately? Because on the website, it says the otg cable is "optional accessory"

[
USER=378311]@twister6[/USER] Which one do you think, between the RU6 and W2, would be a better pair for the UM Mest MK2 if you don't me asking? Talking about sound quality, since I see you have the Mest MK2 as well. Thank you!

Yes, the USB-C to lightning cable is an optional accessory, you need to buy it separately. By the way, you don't have to buy a Cayin USB-C to lightning cable for your RU6. Any MFI certified or reputable USB-C to lightning cable should works fine.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 29, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #392 of 3,685
Yes, the USB-C to lightning cable is an optional accessory, you need to buy it separately. By the way, you don't have to buy a Cayin USB-C to lightning cable for your RU6. Any MFI certified or reputable USB-C to lightning cable should works fine.

Hi Andy,

Your website advises " *Please use shielded USB cable "

I assume the supplied USB C cable is shielded?
I guess this is to avoid/reduce interference from a mobile phone?

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #394 of 3,685
Hi Andy,

Your website advises " *Please use shielded USB cable "

I assume the supplied USB C cable is shielded?
I guess this is to avoid/reduce interference from a mobile phone?

The USB-C to USB-C cable provided in RU6 is shielded. However that's a very short interconnect, we expect some users might need a longer USB-C to USB-C cable if they want to keep the DAP in backpack, and holding the RU6 to adjust volume while listening to their IEM on-the-go, or when they want to connect RU6 to as desktop computer. For these reason, we want to remind our users that if the need to use a different USB-C to USB-C cable, please make sure they use a shielded cable.

Shielded cable will reduce interference from 4G/5G, WiFi, BT and other wireless signal. If your were in congested public transportation, the interference might come from other mobile phones around you.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 30, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #395 of 3,685
Got my pre-order in but just thought of question (probably for @Andykong ):

Not terribly important, but does the 'Mode' button also work for pausing/playing/skipping tracks?

Also, when used with Android phones, will in-line mic/remote cables work through the RU6's 3.5mm output?

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #396 of 3,685
Got my pre-order in but just thought of question (probably for @Andykong ):

Not terribly important, but does the 'Mode' button also work for pausing/playing/skipping tracks?

Also, when used with Android phones, will in-line mic/remote cables work through the RU6's 3.5mm output?

No playback control.

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #398 of 3,685
Musicteck has created a UPS tracking info for my RU6 order. So it is going to get shipped out today and expecting it to arrive in 2 days (USA)
When did you place your order? Mine is still in unfulfilled status.

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #400 of 3,685
Interesting.. I placed mine on 17th..Seems like their shipping policy is "Last come, first served" :ksc75smile:

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #401 of 3,685
Nov 30, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #405 of 3,685
@Andykong hi. Now the release is official, you know some E.U. seller? Thanks in advance

German seller: https://cayin.com

I sent them email query and their reply on Monday 29th advised:
"it will be available by the end of next week.
You can pre order for 329€ (-3% pre-order discount) and free shipping within Germany.
"

I replied asking if they ship for free within the EU as most of their other items are listed as " Free shipping within the EU from 100€"
I will reply back when/if I get a reply on shipping in EU.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back