Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Aug 12, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #3,541 of 3,686
Did you engaged UAPP in exclusive mode when you connect the Dongle DAC to your mobile phone?
Yes I did. I use bit perfect mode to play flac files from my phone. But when I wanted to use it for youtube, I closed the app from the Android settings menu(force stop). Disconnected the RU6 and reconnected. A message popped up(do u wanna use your RU6 with UAPP) and pressed 'cancel'.
Usually this protocol works with Mojo2.

Aug 12, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #3,542 of 3,686
@Neeoo Try this under settings.. in UAPP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230812_221206_USB Audio Player PRO~2.png
    Screenshot_20230812_221206_USB Audio Player PRO~2.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #3,544 of 3,686
I did try toggling with this option. This option works for other portable dacs that I have. Not with RU6
It works on Android with RU6 on Samsung galaxy s23 ultra for me. So it must something unique on your device. Have you set default app for a device? On Samsung with sound assistant you can set a player to be default for say usb or Bluetooth.. I never set that . But this feature is particular to Samsung, without knowing what device and what settings it is hard. But for sure RU6 works with this toggle on my current Samsung s23 ultra and on one plus 8 T before

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #3,545 of 3,686
If someone is looking, RU6 & RU7 bundle listed in classifieds :wink:.

Sep 20, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #3,546 of 3,686
My RU6 has stopped working with my iPhone oddly - was fine for months but now no music playback when connecting either via Apple CCK or DDhifi lightning cable. No such issues with my RU7...

Anyone else having this issue?

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #3,547 of 3,686
My RU6 has stopped working with my iPhone oddly - was fine for months but now no music playback when connecting either via Apple CCK or DDhifi lightning cable. No such issues with my RU7...

Funny you post this because I was just searching to see if anyone else had the problem.

Same issue for me, on an iPhone 14PM and the dongle lights up but no music plays. My adapters work fine with other dongles so I don’t think that’s what’s wrong. It’s been finicky before so I bet an update broke it or something. Hope we can get this figured out.

Oct 24, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #3,548 of 3,686

Funny you post this because I was just searching to see if anyone else had the problem.

Same issue for me, on an iPhone 14PM and the dongle lights up but no music plays. My adapters work fine with other dongles so I don’t think that’s what’s wrong. It’s been finicky before so I bet an update broke it or something. Hope we can get this figured out.

I assume you can't roll back the iPhone system update? I am not familiar with iOS, maybe there is a build number in your current iOS system? Maybe we can verify that you two are using the same iOS version, and we can check with other iPhone users with the same version of iOS?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 25, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #3,549 of 3,686
I assume you can't roll back the iPhone system update? I am not familiar with iOS, maybe there is a build number in your current iOS system? Maybe we can verify that you two are using the same iOS version, and we can check with other iPhone users with the same version of iOS?
iPhone 14 Pro - IOS 17.1 RC - OE Audio cable
No Issues - Qobuz App or Roon App

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #3,552 of 3,686
I have been seeing many reports of problems with ios playback with different devices. Just since the 15 came out. Not implying a connection, but I tend to be skeptical of coincidences.

Oct 25, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #3,553 of 3,686
My iPhone 6 can’t drive the RU6, but my iPad Pro (IOS 16.5.1) works like a charm :)

I got a FiiO KA3 for my phone

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #3,554 of 3,686
How do you guys deal with the interference on the Cayin RU-6?

I have had this unit for a little over a year and my setup is as follows: iPhone 11 Max Pro > ddHiFi mFi09S > Cayin RU6 > Eletech Raphael > Sennheiser IE900. I am taking a break from the Cayin N7 and pick this up from the drawer, and almost every other song is full of RFI. I don't think the IE900 is the most sensitive IEMs either. I have tried to turn on airplane mode, turn off wifi and cellular, keeping it away from laptop, etc.

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #3,555 of 3,686
How do you guys deal with the interference on the Cayin RU-6?

I have had this unit for a little over a year and my setup is as follows: iPhone 11 Max Pro > ddHiFi mFi09S > Cayin RU6 > Eletech Raphael > Sennheiser IE900. I am taking a break from the Cayin N7 and pick this up from the drawer, and almost every other song is full of RFI. I don't think the IE900 is the most sensitive IEMs either. I have tried to turn on airplane mode, turn off wifi and cellular, keeping it away from laptop, etc.
Are you streaming via cellular? I have found a good number of dongles have interference induced when a nearby phone is actively pulling data over cellular. But not WiFi. It’s not a great solution, but keeping cellular off or at least not using it while using the dongle helps in those situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back