Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
May 26, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #5,326 of 5,538
Hello good folks! 🙂 Can anyone share the pics of EQ on N8II?? Also, is the EQ applicable to all the apps?

I'm planning to switch from dx320 to N8II, and wanted to if N8II has system wide EQ or not. I generally EQ in the iBasso's mango player, and those EQ changes are applicable to apps like Tidal and Apple, is it the same in N8II as well??

Cheers,
Vishy

You can enable the hidden system wide MSEB EQ if you root it like over here

May 26, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #5,329 of 5,538
Will the N8ii pair well with the Fir Audio radon 6 ? There is a Memorial Day sale going on at Musicteck . Thanks for any reply .

Over a year of ownership, I recently parted with my N8ii and had spent extensive time paired with both FiRs – Xe6 and Rn6. N8ii has a very revealing tonality and its airy treble became exhausting for me over time especially with Rn6 (red module) and my other IEMs like Indigo. Xe6 was a better pairing.

My signature preference has shifted over time, where I'm preferring a more analog tonality, less peaky treble and relaxed sound. I had replaced N8ii with Cayin's N7 which has exceptional synergies with all of my IEMs plus runs less hot – it'll still get warm in Class A – but not as toasty as N8ii. N7's 1bit DSD DAC and PCM to DSD / Native DSD playback are two of its best features.

IMG_0991.JPG

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #5,330 of 5,538
Over a year of ownership, I recently parted with my N8ii and had spent extensive time paired with both FiRs – Xe6 and Rn6. N8ii has a very revealing tonality and its airy treble became exhausting for me over time especially with Rn6 (red module) and my other IEMs like Indigo. Xe6 was a better pairing.

My signature preference has shifted over time, where I'm preferring a more analog tonality, less peaky treble and relaxed sound. I had replaced N8ii with Cayin's N7 which has exceptional synergies with all of my IEMs plus runs less hot – it'll still get warm in Class A – but not as toasty as N8ii. N7's 1bit DSD DAC and PCM to DSD / Native DSD playback are two of its best features.

IMG_0991.JPG
t\Thanks for the reply . I think I will go with the 8nii because I can always switch to the nutubes if the treble gets too exhausting for me . I also really like the N7 but I would have to hear it first and right now the is not possible for me and I want to take advantage of the this upcoming Memorial Day sale .

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #5,332 of 5,538
Anyone find streaming Tidal with UAPP sounds significantly better on the N8ii compared to the Tidal app? I didn't notice it with previous IEMs, but with the Jewel, the difference is night and day.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #5,333 of 5,538
Anyone find streaming Tidal with UAPP sounds significantly better on the N8ii compared to the Tidal app? I didn't notice it with previous IEMs, but with the Jewel, the difference is night and day.
Yep, that’s the case

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #5,337 of 5,538
t\Thanks for the reply . I think I will go with the 8nii because I can always switch to the nutubes if the treble gets too exhausting for me . I also really like the N7 but I would have to hear it first and right now the is not possible for me and I want to take advantage of the this upcoming Memorial Day sale .
Just so you know, I have both the N7 and N8ii. I don’t find them too similar. N7 sounds smoother and more tubey than N8ii in tube mode. Frankly, I don’t hear much difference between N8ii’s modes and wonder why Cayin didn’t make more contrast between modes.

Jul 27, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #5,338 of 5,538
Everytime I think of selling my N8ii, after turning on the tube amp, I instantly change my mind.

Having recently started comparing N8ii against RS8 and SP3000, I found new appreciation towards N8ii.
Also amongst the three, the UI feels alot more snappier.

It falls short against sp3000 technical ability, presentation but not by a lot. On tube mode, with the right amp, it is helps its own ground just fine.

Aug 1, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #5,339 of 5,538
Cayin 30th Anniversary Banner RED.jpg

Cayin will celebrate its 30th Anniversary on August 2023, we shall launch FOUR 30th Anniversary Limited Edition products in the second half of 2023, one of which belongs to the "Personal Audio" category.

We shall announce more detail within the next 10 days, so please stay tuned with Limited Edition Product for Cayin's 30th Anniversary

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #5,340 of 5,538
Hi everyone! Can anyone help me? My Cayin n8 II was working absolutely fine but one day it didn’t turn on. It has been put on charge overnight, i tried pressing and holding all possible button combinations but nothing.. Has anyone come across the same problem??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back