Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,112 of 5,571
Thanks !! @Andykong !!

Can I request that You requesting Cayin to port that Linux based OS into N8ii Dual OS as an option ?

Pleaseeee!!!

Sorry, this is unlikely to happen. We have quite a lot of ongoing software work with N8ii but dual OS is not on the agenda. Beside, N8 is MIP32 based, N8ii is ARM-based SoC, it is not a straight forward transfer to start with.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #1,113 of 5,571
Thanks !! @Andykong !!

Can I request that You requesting Cayin to port that Linux based OS into N8ii Dual OS as an option ?

Pleaseeee!!!
Not having to worry about Google support will be amazing. 👍

Mar 8, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #1,114 of 5,571
Sorry, this is unlikely to happen. We have quite a lot of ongoing software work with N8ii but dual OS is not on the agenda. Beside, N8 is MIP32 based, N8ii is ARM-based SoC, it is not a straight forward transfer to start with.
That would be a wasted effort in a dedicated OS development right ? If Cayin could have that done, then there are only more customers to gain and not less.

Mar 8, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,115 of 5,571
That would be a wasted effort in a dedicated OS development right ? If Cayin could have that done, then there are only more customers to gain and not less.
Well, maybe the effort we spend on other topic will also gain more customer, you don't know about that, right?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 8, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #1,116 of 5,571
That's the bit that floats my boat, continued development / support like N8 had, unlike some other brands...:rolling_eyes:

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #1,120 of 5,571
Actually, I would prefer if they developed a new music app. A modernized version of Hiby Music perhaps. And further improvement of usability, stability and sound quality. New Android - what for?
Mostly to avoid apps being outdated. I don't know what I'd do if Apple released a version of Apple Music which didn't support Android 9.

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #1,122 of 5,571
Mostly to avoid apps being outdated. I don't know what I'd do if Apple released a version of Apple Music which didn't support Android 9.
Understandable. But why would they? They would lose money. I am not against an Android update but I'd prefer Cayin to work on perfecting the sound and user experience.

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #1,123 of 5,571
I don’t think that’s a worry anytime soon. Right now Apple Music needs android 5.0 or higher to function.
Ah fantastic. I'm not familiar with Android too much as I'm an iOS user haha.
Understandable. But why would they? They would lose money. I am not against an Android update but I'd prefer Cayin to work on perfecting the sound and user experience.
Who knows what could happen, having the ease of mind is great. The use of Android 9 on N8ii is down to Cayin's implementation of SRC-bypass, improvements on that front would be welcome. If I can use apps for the next 4-5 years without outdating worries, then I would agree with @TomKorn on Cayin working to refine the sound and user experience. I like HibyMusic quite a bit, it's my preferred Android music player due to its speed and simplicity.

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #1,124 of 5,571
Ah fantastic. I'm not familiar with Android too much as I'm an iOS user haha.

Who knows what could happen, having the ease of mind is great. The use of Android 9 on N8ii is down to Cayin's implementation of SRC-bypass, improvements on that front would be welcome. If I can use apps for the next 4-5 years without outdating worries, then I would agree with @TomKorn on Cayin working to refine the sound and user experience. I like HibyMusic quite a bit, it's my preferred Android music player due to its speed and simplicity.
I do like Hiby Music as well. My favorite too.😅👍 But the user interface could use an update imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back