Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Jan 24, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #5,101 of 5,547
Hello!

Has anyone found a problem with gapless playback of tracks?

This is very difficult to find out, since it requires having albums with a lot of high-resolution tracks and at the same time recorded without gaps.

As a rule, such a problem has a certain sequence and systematic nature.

For example, noticeable stuttering or barely noticeable cuts can occur when listening to four, six, eight, twelve, and so on tracks in a row at a resolution of 24/96 or 24/192.

Is it somehow related to the buffering of files in the player's RAM?

I noticed this already with firmware 1.6. But it is quite possible that such a problem can be with earlier firmware.

Again, it may turn out that someone in a large music collection has only a few albums that allow such a problem to be detected.

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #5,103 of 5,547
Thanks for sharing. Is there a listing on his website to buy this?
Looks like Musicteck low stock ran out since my purchase 4 days ago:

This is the Musicteck Cayin project list page:
https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/cayin

You can also purchase directly from Cayin on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804870059540.html?_randl_shipto=US

Cayin Official Store on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101527489

Another option is Dignis Pantheon Cayin N8ii case, its available in 3 colors for $110 + $28.85 shipping to USA (Alexandria, VA)
http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/product/pantheon-cayin-n8ii-case/331/?cate_no=84&display_group=1

Here's my N8ii in Dignis Pantheon black

IMG_0314.jpeg

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #5,105 of 5,547

Another option is Dignis Pantheon Cayin N8ii case, its available in 3 colors for $110 + $28.85 shipping to USA (Alexandria, VA)
http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/product/pantheon-cayin-n8ii-case/331/?cate_no=84&display_group=1

Here's my N8ii in Dignis Pantheon black

IMG_0314.jpeg
Looks very nice, thanks for sharing. I see that the top cover gets folded into the main body of the case. But may I ask: What about that extra flap which covers the open half (left) of the N8ii top, next to the volume knob? Is that flap stiff enough, or would it start to bend and behave like a little wing over time?

Jan 25, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #5,106 of 5,547
Looks very nice, thanks for sharing. I see that the top cover gets folded into the main body of the case. But may I ask: What about that extra flap which covers the open half (left) of the N8ii top, next to the volume knob? Is that flap stiff enough, or would it start to bend and behave like a little wing over time?

The Pantheon's leather flap which covers 80% of top of the N8ii has two flex points:

1. Attaches the case frame at the front – it's a bit flexible here as
2. Flap that gets tucked in between the DAP and case, is held in place by friction between the two and can be easily pried out if needed

The flap is flexible but I don't foresee it to be an issue of it popping out over time since the case fits the N8ii precisely tight – you'll have to give it a push from the bottom to slide the DAP out.

What I do like about the new OEM case is that it covers and protects the entire top the of the N8ii and reassuring magnetic closure – more elegant than velcro used on other OEM cases from other manufacturers. Only meh's is the leather "V" at the bottom sides of the case - arrived a bit wrinkled but it's fine, LOL.

More pics of both cases.

Dignis Pantheon

IMG_0502.jpegIMG_0503.jpegIMG_0504.jpegIMG_0505.jpegIMG_0506.jpeg

Cayin N8ii Leather Case

IMG_0508.jpeg
IMG_0510.jpegIMG_0511.jpegIMG_0512.jpegIMG_0513.jpegIMG_0516.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #5,108 of 5,547
Hello!
Has anyone found a problem with gapless playback of tracks?

This is very difficult to find out, since it requires having albums with a lot of high-resolution tracks and at the same time recorded without gaps.
As a rule, such a problem has a certain sequence and systematic nature.
For example, noticeable stuttering or barely noticeable cuts can occur when listening to four, six, eight, twelve, and so on tracks in a row at a resolution of 24/96 or 24/192.

Is it somehow related to the buffering of files in the player's RAM?

I noticed this already with firmware 1.6. But it is quite possible that such a problem can be with earlier firmware.

Again, it may turn out that someone in a large music collection has only a few albums that allow such a problem to be detected.
Can anyone explain this phenomenon? A 24-bit track is played, but Hiby app perceives it as a 32-bit track...
Could this be related to the problem of normal and gapless playback?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-185417.png
    Screenshot_20230127-185417.png
    517.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 30, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #5,109 of 5,547
The Pantheon's leather flap which covers 80% of top of the N8ii has two flex points:

1. Attaches the case frame at the front – it's a bit flexible here as
2. Flap that gets tucked in between the DAP and case, is held in place by friction between the two and can be easily pried out if needed

The flap is flexible but I don't foresee it to be an issue of it popping out over time since the case fits the N8ii precisely tight – you'll have to give it a push from the bottom to slide the DAP out.

What I do like about the new OEM case is that it covers and protects the entire top the of the N8ii and reassuring magnetic closure – more elegant than velcro used on other OEM cases from other manufacturers. Only meh's is the leather "V" at the bottom sides of the case - arrived a bit wrinkled but it's fine, LOL.

More pics of both cases.

Dignis Pantheon

IMG_0502.jpegIMG_0503.jpegIMG_0504.jpegIMG_0505.jpegIMG_0506.jpeg

Cayin N8ii Leather Case

IMG_0508.jpeg
IMG_0510.jpegIMG_0511.jpegIMG_0512.jpegIMG_0513.jpegIMG_0516.jpeg

Thanks. Did you find any of them is better in expelling heat?
The original case often shows overheat temperature error if you try to fast charge and listen at same time.

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #5,110 of 5,547
Thanks. Did you find any of them is better in expelling heat?
The original case often shows overheat temperature error if you try to fast charge and listen at same time.

After 4 to 5 hours of continuous playback in P+ / Tubes / mix of A and AB, I find Dignis Pantheon the best for expelling heat.

Though I never fast charge and listen.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #5,111 of 5,547
After 4 to 5 hours of continuous playback in P+ / Tubes / mix of A and AB, I find Dignis Pantheon the best for expelling heat.

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #5,112 of 5,547

I agree. Dignis Pantheon is the better option (compared to stock) for expelling heat.

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #5,113 of 5,547

I agree. Dignis Pantheon is the better option (compared to stock) for expelling heat.

Thanks for sharing. Just put an order for it :)

Jan 30, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #5,114 of 5,547
Jan 30, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #5,115 of 5,547
Which colour?

Red - blue one looks quite similar to stock. Black is out of stock.
Red also should match red halo colour :)

Which colour did you choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back