Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Aug 3, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #3,856 of 3,873
I have the N8 since a few days now and this is musical bliss. Especially the tube mode with my Sony IER-Z1R is quiet a sensation. I keept switching back between STD Power Mode and HIGH² and feel like that the HIGH² is providing an ever so slightly wider soundstage and it pull vocals forward a bit. Really like that with some albums. In general the options to trim the sound to your own desire is awesome. Really glad i bought a near mint N8 off of ebay.
Still my favorite DAP. I switched to using the 4.4mm output almost universally now. I now prefer it that way to the tube on my BB N8. It has allot of power output as well.

Dec 4, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #3,859 of 3,873
Hi Folks, just wanted to let you know regarding my customer service experience with the german distributer: I ordered the N8 BB on 19.11.2021 from an authorized dealer. Since one week I did note milky edges on the screen which is more a visual defect rather than an issue with sound or functionality.
Last Friday I contacted the german Distributer asking for help on above keeping in mind that guarantee was just expired by some days. Their service was not reachable and the Head Office asked me to send an email which I did. Today I received their response that the unit has to be sent back to China for repair and I have to Cover all cost as guarantee period is passed. Total cost 595€ (for what?) which was offered to me for 425€ (again for what?).
After some more email exchanges they now ask me to try my best with the dealer!
In case you are going to buy Cayin products in Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Netherland please be informed about their behaviour and possible consequences once you will experience problems with their products.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #3,861 of 3,873
I cannot send it back mate ad you have to contact the first which I did some days later as the Problem did not disappear. The issue showed up just two or three days before I contacted them. The guarantee period was terminated already when I did note the problem. We are Talking about 2-3 days. More clean now?

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #3,862 of 3,873
There is a warranty period for a reason and most of us would have sent that unit back immediately for any issue like your milky screen then you decided two years ago was OK as long as the SQ was right I'll live with the screen issue. Hard to side with you when you did not take immediate action and then letting the warranty timeframe expire before wanting to complain :rolling_eyes: So was it one week since new that you saw milky screen or a week before you decided to contact them? Either way you waited too long :thinking:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #3,863 of 3,873
Correction of first sentence:
I cannot send it back as I have to contact the distributor first ….
Te lo posso spiegare anche in italiano se hai problemi con l‘inglese

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #3,864 of 3,873
May be I did describe my problem not in an understandable way. The problem did show up some days (2-3) days before I contacted the distributor. The guarantee period was expired anyway by several days.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #3,865 of 3,873
I did not wait two years before complaining! I did just wait 2 - 3 days before I reached out to the Distributor. And again, you have to contact them first before sending back the unit otherwise they will not accept it. Hope I could make it more clear …..

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #3,866 of 3,873
I did not wait two years before complaining! I did just wait 2 - 3 days before I reached out to the Distributor. And again, you have to contact them first before sending back the unit otherwise they will not accept it. Hope I could make it more clear …..
I think everyone seems to misunderstood him. I think he meant the unit he bought on 11/19/2021 was working and looking flawlessly until 11/22/2023 he noticed a milky screen and a few days later he contacted the dealer/Distributor and they didn't give him a break since the warranty expired only 2-3 days before he contacted them.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #3,867 of 3,873
Thank you!
Exactly, except I did note the milky screen on 27.11.23 and contacted the distributor in the morning of the 01.12.2023.
To add that it seems that the milky screen issue is known to Cayin …..

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #3,868 of 3,873
Well the only leg he may have to stand on is if he contacted the Distributor before warranty end date with email proof otherwise the Company does not have to honor his request.

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #3,869 of 3,873
Well the only leg he may have to stand on is if he contacted the Distributor before warranty end date with email proof otherwise the Company does not have to honor his request.
Of course the co./dealer/Dist. doesn't have to honor his warranty claims since the warranty is already expired a couple days ago. Heck they don't even have to honor the warranty if its only 2 minutes pass warranty. Its all up to the co./dealers/Dist.discretion. I had warranty honor even 1 week pass warranty since they deem a week is not sufficient to denied a warranty claim. But every company is different.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #3,870 of 3,873
what a disaster it is 🤦‍♂️. My N8 is still alive, but now it seems like it's a question of the quality of parts used. instead of paying for the repair you are better serve by buying a dongle DAC with tubes. And since you are in EU, better get a violectric since are more caring to customers even those products they have that are out of warranty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back